2023 LOD - February 27 - NBK Design

Discussion in '2023 LOD' started by bellbird, Feb 26, 2023.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOVEOurDesigners2023-2-27.jpg
    Welcome to the 2023 edition of Love Our Designers (LOD)
    This event isn't a traditional challenge in that there aren't any real rules.
    It’s a fun event to scrap with products from a fave designer or try a new (to you) designer. It’s all about having fun and celebrating the uniqueness of all of our Lilypad Designers!

:heartslub Today's Designer Crush is NBK Design:heartslub
    imagesNBK.jpg

To connect with Nicole and stay in touch with her latest news, use one of the following links:
    Gallery https://go.nbk-design.com/Gallery
    Shop https://go.nbk-design.com/Shop
    Youtube https://go.nbk-design.com/YouTube
    Blog http://www.nbk-design.com
    Instagram https://instagram.com/nbk_design/
    NBK-Design Catalogue https://go.nbk-design.com/ProductCatalogue
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NBKDesign
    artology Studio http://www.artology.studio
    Newsletter http://eepurl.com/heB6A

NBK Design has a massive sale today only!!!

lm_designbanner2.jpg
    And!!
    Until end of this month you get a Free with Purchase Product with any Purchase more than $1 this Sample will pop into the cart automatically

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sampler-Cards-Template-2023.html
    [​IMG]

So why am I crushing on NBK Design?
    Well, when I think of Nicole's designs I think anything is possible!
    She seems to create out of this world, imaginative and beautiful collections!
    They are always full of anything and everything you could need to be creative - from Photoshop tools to 'traditional but full of variety' wordart packs and an assortment of elements, both as indivdiual pieces and pre-clustered as 'Artsy Bits and Pieces'.
    'Magic Lights', 'Loopilaloozas' and 'Out of the Box Frames' are some of my favourite fun extras but I'm always blown away by the textures and details in her huge collections, and especially by how she can combine both realism and fantasy!

I can get a bit intimidated if I'm honest by just how big the packs are at first, but all the seperate previews in the store are great because they let you see just how the Bundles are such great value, and you have the ability to buy different optioned packs or separate parts of each collection. Nicole also often posts 'unboxing videos' and puts these links in her product description if you want to see exactly what is in the downloads!

I always feel like more of an artist than a scrapper using her pieces, if that makes sense. Like this layout to me is more art than scrapbook page and Nicole made everything I used (apart from my bird, of course).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This page has some of my fave goodies like the Out of the Box Frames which give such a cool effect to your photos, and the Magic Lights, that can be used in so many ways with blend modes but this is pretty much just slapped on the page, those rays at the top above the photos and to the left of the title, it's really 'no effort magic'! -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the artsy blended templates (and full albums of Storybooks!) in the NBK store make stepping into Nicole's artsy style so much easier than you'd think! If you can use a clipping mask, you can make the same kind of scrapbook art! She has done so much of the work and everything coordinates easily and beautifully!
    [​IMG]
    nbk-CM-BDL-allinone.jpg
    [​IMG]

• Fav Bits - artCrush #54 {Artsy Bits & Papers Kit - options}​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now it's your turn to play with her creations. Create a page with (mostly) NBK Designs. Explore her store and see what catches your eye....or if you already own some of her goodies, pull them out!

Please make sure you meet the TLP gallery guidelines of at least 50% TLP product.

Post your completed page in NBK Design's designer gallery
    and then come back here and share in this thread!

Thanks Christa!

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    umyesh, cfile, *sylvia* and 1 other person like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I'm glad I'm not the only one to get intimidated by the size of her packs. I admit I have only dipped my toe in to her wonderful designs with a few small packs here and there. One of my fave packs of hers that I have is
    [​IMG]
    which I used last week on
    [​IMG]

trekmom, wvsandy and bellbird like this.
  3. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Nicole has been one of my favorites since LONG before she arrived here... I was beyond ecstatic when she came here, because at that time, there were not so many artsy designers here... Go Nicole!!!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    NBK-Design and bellbird like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Did you know usually the first Friday of every month, Nicole has a Designer Slow Scrap Chat at 3PM EDT/EST ??? We hope to see you this Friday March 3rd for another Slow Scrap Chat with Nicole!!!

Here is a page I made last month with the slow scrap instructions and Nicole's Art Crush 59

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nicole has wonderful collections!!!

I love this one I made for MOC:

[​IMG]

and this one with a template of Nicole's and AC 58!!!

[​IMG]

These are just a few of my recent pages!!!

trekmom, NBK-Design, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  5. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I used artCrush #56
    [​IMG]

trekmom, NBK-Design and bellbird like this.
  6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I was so honoured when Nicole invited me to join her team last year. She has a fabulous creative range from clean and simple in the Easy Peasy collections all the way to totally artsy.

Here's a sample of some of the pages I've made this year using NBK Designs products.
    Angela_NBK_LOD27Feb.jpg

7. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

Here's an example of some of the pages I've created over the years using NBK Designs products. Nicole has such wonderful collections and templates and more. Her creativity is endless and I am always inspired. :beat

[​IMG]

trekmom, NBK-Design and bellbird like this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Her BYOC packs make a great starting point like you showed because they will always work with a variety of coordinated products and her frame packs are all awesome but i especially love the torn edges and mix of fasteners in this one!

NBK-Design likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

She is definitely a valued member of the design team here with such a cool and unique style!

NBK-Design likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

great plug! i shoulda included that in my post, glad you popped in and added that! i'll edit my post to include your quote - or try to...

NBK-Design and cfile like this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

brilliant collages, thanks for sharing!

12. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

14. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

Nicole is one of my favorite designers! So much versatility in each collection, I use them over and over.

Here's one of my favorite pages I made for a slow scrap.
    [​IMG]

And another I made for a designer challenge.
    [​IMG]

15. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

OMG, I'm so excited to be a part of her team and over the past year I've created some of my favorite layouts with collections that were new to me. Here is one I did last month for an sosn day. I'll be back with more celebrating our fabulous Nicole!
    [​IMG]

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

17. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I love being able to create a layout from scratch, layering and using all of her fabulous bits and pieces. Her collections are so versatile and you have so many options to purchase the whole collection or just items you will use in your scrapping, so really take the time to check out her amazing designs. You will fall in love.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trekmom, NBK-Design and Angela Toucan like this.
  18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Nicole is simply amazing! I'm so honored to be on her team.
    And I agree with Justine, when she says she feels like an artist when using NBK-Design!
    [​IMG]

19. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Now, let's talk about her templates!!! OMG she has created some gorgeous templates, here are some of my faves!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trekmom, NBK-Design and Angela Toucan like this.
  20. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

There is still one more day to participate in the NBK-Design Template Challenge. Here is my layout using her fabulous template and her latest BYOC for Feb ArtCrush 60
    [​IMG]