2023 LOD - February 18 - Kim Jensen Designs

Discussion in '2023 LOD' started by LoveItScrapIt, Feb 17, 2023.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Love Our Designers | February 18
    LOVEOurDesigners2023-2-18.jpg

:heartlub:heartlub Today we're totally crushing on Kim Jensen :heartlub:heartlub
    [​IMG]
    Newsletter Sign-up | Store | Facebook | Blog

I'm super excited to be behind the scenes as a cheerleader :cheer for our amazing designers. Today is all about Kim Jensen Designs. If you haven't had the pleasure of playing with her products, then what are you waiting for?! Head over to her store here and pick yourself up something. Kim has an eye for color, pattern and whimsy. Her designs are versatile and can be used for a ton of different styles.

Her whimsical & unique elements add a special touch to every page. Like these I found in her gallery.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't take my word, you can see for yourself. See her products in action in her designer gallery.

Kim's hard-to-resist designs draw you in at first glance. Much like her January 2023 BYOC offering: Hopefulness Bundle. Gorgeous patterns, fun unique alphas, the mix of flat & realistic elements, and all of the word bits create a well-rounded bundle full of not only hope but functional designs perfect for your next project.
    [​IMG]

Kim is so generously giving away a great Newsletter Freebie. Sign Up HERE if you aren't already subscribed to her newsletter. (or click the image)
    KJ-2023-LOD-freebie-ad.jpg

For Love Our Designers today, I chose to use Kim Jensen's Eclectic Autumn | I just couldn't stop looking at the unique flowers and those dreamy colors.
    [​IMG]

Kim also hosts a monthly designer challenge and February is all about BINGO!
    KJ-2023-LOD-challenge-ad.jpg

I love learning about designers and their creative process so I had the chance to ask Kim some questions about hers.
    :funfun
    Let's see what she had to say:

Q&A:
    Considering designers are working so hard to give us all the amazing things to document our memories when was the last time YOU had time to scrap your own memories? How often do you get to scrap?
    a. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't scrapped in over 3 years. Some of it is my kids getting older and me not feeling like their stories are mine to tell. Some of it is that with having a day job now, my time and energy is more limited. And the biggest factor is that if I do have time to be in Photoshop, that time is spent designing. I do get a great deal of creative satisfaction from designing, but I think I need to set set myself a very small scrapping goal for this year as I really would like to get back into it. :-)

2. During your creative process do you dig your heels in and tune out the world -or- do you work at your leisure coming & going when inspiration strikes?
    a. Usually I'm head down, working hard to meet a deadline for days at a time, and then not wanting to even look at my computer for days after that. o_O I wish I was able to maintain a healthier balance, but I seem to need the adrenaline of a deadline to get things going. :circles:giggle

3. Quiet creative or Chaotic creative: do you tend to work best with the least distractions and noise -or- are there a million things going on around you, TV/music etc..?
    a. Definitely quiet. If there is too much else going on around me (open floor plan, my "office" is in our family room), I will put on instrumental pop or classical music to help mask out the distractions.

4. If tomorrow you woke up and couldn't create anymore, what job would you be doing?
    a. That's a very difficult question to answer. My other job (coffee shop) is very physical, very fast-paced, and very social. I truly enjoy it, but it takes a lot out of me. If I had to pick up another job that wasn't on the creative side, I would probably want to do something more introverty and analytical to help balance things out, but I'm not sure what that would be. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering but haven't worked in the field since 2001, so it's hard to imagine going back to that. Technology has changed so much!

Kim's store is on sale today. So it's definitely the perfect time to take advantage of getting acquainted with her beautiful designs.
    KJ-2023-LOD-sale-ad.jpg

Now it's your turn to play with her creations. Create a page with (mostly) Kim Jensen Designs. Explore her Store and see what catches your eye....or if you already own some of her goodies, pull them out!

Please make sure you meet the TLP gallery guidelines of at least 50% TLP product.
    Post your completed page in Kim Jensen's designer gallery
    and then come back here and share in this thread!

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    tanteva, umyesh, G.J. and 3 others like this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the newsletter freebie Kim.
    I used the white alpha on my page

[​IMG]

3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Kim thank you for this beautiful freebie !

[​IMG]

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you Kiana for hosting, and Kim, thank you for the wonderful newsletter freebie! Love the alpha!!!
    [​IMG]

tanteva, umyesh, G.J. and 1 other person like this.
  5. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

Boho Sunshine is definitely a favorite of mine. And thank you so much for the Alpha pack, I love it.

[​IMG]

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've created 2 pages this week using Kim's Kits.
    This one for her designer challenge
    [​IMG]
    and this one with Liz's templates for her LOD challenge yesterday
    [​IMG]

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thanks so much for hosting my day, Kiana! :wub So excited to see all of the pages! I will be here on and off throughout the day, so if anyone has any questions, fire away! :-)

LoveItScrapIt, umyesh and G.J. like this.
  8. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Yay! so glad to celebrate your day dear Kim!! LOVE your designs :heartslub Here's my page, I used the beautiful alphas for my title work, thank you so much for the freebie!
    [​IMG]

tanteva, umyesh and KimJ like this.
  9. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

10. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I adore the new freebie alpha!!
    [​IMG]

tanteva, umyesh, Dady and 1 other person like this.
  11. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I am a purple lover, so I can't get enough of Kim's Twilight Bundle. I love the colors and the bokeh!
    [​IMG]

12. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

tanteva and KimJ like this.
  13. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

The first thing I bought from Kim's store was her Bordered Vellum Alphas, but the first kit I got myself was Carpe Diem:
    [​IMG]

This is the first layout I made using this kit, but I can tell you, I've used it again and again and again:

[​IMG]

What I love most about Kim's design, are her alphas. Always a great combination of alphas in her bundles, that coordinates so well with eachother. And also, since I'm Swedish - I absolutely LOOOOOVE that her alphas always have the "extra letters" that I need to make titles in my own language.

For today, I used her kit Eclectic Autumn (LOVE the colors!) and her Debossed Date Tags to make a layout that sums up my February so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KimJ and umyesh like this.
  14. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Using Kim's Confection Affection Kit.

tanteva, KimJ and umyesh like this.
  15. umyesh

tanteva and KimJ like this.
  16. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

I've always loved this specific kit, so I just had to scrap with it today: Happy Mail! :beat
    [​IMG]

17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

18. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I love the bright color combos in Kim's kits
    [​IMG]

umyesh and KimJ like this.
  19. umyesh

I used more Kim Jensen products for this 2023 cover page:
    [​IMG]
    2023 Cover Template | Scrapping with Liz
    Recyclables 80 (the top right one) | Scrapping with Liz
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Recyclables-80.html
    February 2023 BYOC Basic Papers | Kim Jensen
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/February-2023-BYOC-Basic-Papers.html
    Confection Affection Elements | Kim Jensen
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Confection-Affection-Elements.html
    Year in Review Scrapbook Kit | Paislee Press
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Year-In-Review-Scrapbook-Kit-by-paislee-press.html

KimJ and tanteva like this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

WOW ladies. You really rocked Kim's day. I will be leaving love in the gallery soon. :beat

KimJ and umyesh like this.