2016 Photography CHALLENGES

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Dec 31, 2015.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

In addition to our Photo-a-day prompts, I thought we'd get this party board started with some fun challenges. Anyone may post and participate. The challenges can be technical or just for fun! There's no right or wrong way to interpret them, so play along and have FUN!

LIST OF CHALLENGES:

Post #2 - ONE (farrahjobling)
    Post #15 - WIDE ANGLE (farrahjobling)
    Post #18 - ADD SOME CHARACTER (chippi)
    Post #25 - beginning/ending challenge (bestcee)
    Post #29 - Something NEW (farrahjobling)

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. FarrahJobling

For the first challenge, let's do something fun for the new year! The challenge is ONE - Think of this anyway you'd like....the number 1, one item, let your imagination run and be creative! =)

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Are we going to post our pictures in this thread all year or make a separate thread for each challenge? And how often will you post the challenges?

4. FarrahJobling

Let's post them here for now and see how it goes. Anyone can post a challenge, but I'll pop in every week with something new to keep us moving =) Oh...I should post a list in the first thread to make it easier to follow. =)

5. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This is a fab idea. I will dip in as and when I get the time. Love the number one as the first challenge :)

6. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Oh yay! I love prompts and challenges. I have gotten a little bit slack about taking pics lately so maybe this will get me back in it.

If you click on the little # in the right corner of a post, it will give you a link so you can link directly to that post. Might come in handy for the later challenges. :)

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love photography challenges. I haven't been taking as many photos lately and I need something to give me some motivation!

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Thank you for not giving up on me and photography. I may not have the big ol Canon anymore, but I do have the desire! I am gonna ruminate on ONE...and give this a whirl!

chloe_digiscrap likes this.
  10. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I will have to try this.

11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thanks for resurrecting this forum Farrah! I really want to focus on my photography this year (Mama got a new lens for Christmas and is just itching to play!!)

12. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

OH, sweet! What did you get?

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

A Tamron 16-300mm

[​IMG]

I wanted a little more zoom than my old 18-200. So far I'm loving it - it's a little bigger and a little heavier, but I like the additional range.

14. FarrahJobling

Challenge #1 | ONE

Part of my OLW project
    [​IMG]IMG_5264 by farrahj, on Flickr

15. FarrahJobling

It's FEBRUARY! Let's have a new challenge (of course, you can play along at any time). Also...feel free to post a challenge as well if you have a great idea...the more the merrier and what inspires one, might not inspire another, but with more options, we can inspire EVERYONE!

OK...so Challenge #2 - I'm going to have a technical challenge....but not too technical....this one is compositional WIDE ANGLE.

16. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I don't know how I missed this thread in January! MOC probably had a little something to do with it, and my computer being a pain in the butt. I can't get enough of photography challenges!!
    Here is my photo for Challenge #1 - ONE

[​IMG]
    It was my little man's 1st birthday on the 15th. He loves The Wiggles, especially Emma, the Yellow Wiggle, so we made him a Wiggles cake with teddy bear cookie Wiggles, and we had our first go at using fondant icing, lol!

17. Chippi

Challenge #2 - WIDE ANGLE
    Not sure if this is what you were going for with that prompt, but I think this is right.

[​IMG]

18. Chippi

I also had an idea for a challenge, not technical, just fun. It is a favourite in my FB Photo Group.
    Add Some Character.
    You take a small figurine (Lego people work really well!) and photograph it in a way that (sort of) makes it look life sized for them, or you could go tiny person in a big world, either way works well. It is fun to make them hiding or getting up to mischief, or even helping out around the house!
    Here is an example of mine from last year.

[​IMG]

19. FarrahJobling

FUN! There is a guy on Flickr who does a lot of fun lego figurine shots...will have to put my thinking cap on =)

jesskab and Chippi like this.
  20. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Just found this and I LOVE photography!!! Will check my photos or take new ones.

FarrahJobling likes this.