2015 reading challenge on goodreads

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Celeste, Dec 28, 2014.

1. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

this was me exactly. did awesome for the 1st half of the year. then didn't read too much for the last half. trying to decide if i should go to 50 again or maybe 40.

[​IMG]

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Kiss!
    I need to make a realistic goal, like finish listening to the audiobooks I already have...

4. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Wow, all of you are amazing! I can't even finish one. :groan

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

For me, it's either reading or crafty time, so setting goals isn't really going to help me find more time. I love reading but I love my creative time too. I read about 40 books last year. Maybe this year I'll do better since I have a lot of travel coming up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

7. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

oh what huge challenge!!
    I'm going for 24...2books/month seems very realistic for me :)

8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I probably read around 200 books each year. My train commute is 1.5 hrs each way. I was spending a fortune at Amazon on books, then I finally found eReaders perks daily newsletterr. Books are free or very cheap. May be not the latest top ten, but lots of great reads.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  9. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Ummmm. My yearly goal is always 12

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

MOC was not good for my reading start to the year but i can usually read a few books per month

11. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

I finally settled on a goal for 2015

So 10 books a month

I thought MOC might put me behind on my 10 books a month a but I'm currently on book number 15 so far this year - so very much on track!

12. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Lindzee - you might also try BookBub. There is an app for it and it is also available via web and email list. Books are tagged at discount prices and for free. It captures discounts from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I read in spurts. I could read about 100 books in one year, and then 24 in another. It's when the mood strikes me. Lately, I've been scrapping. LOL!

14. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I discovered audiobooks this year and I can get them digitally from the library! I don't have a good reads account, but I set a goal of 100 books and I'm currently getting through 2 a week! (Although, I'm probably slightly cheating since I'm rereading a series I really love.) I can "read" and scrap at the same time! Perfection!

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i do that sometimes too - some books i've "read", i actually listened to - but it's all good, right !? lol
    And i second BookBub - it's much better than EreaderPerks

16. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Hard for me to set a number because I read a lot of fan fiction as well as books... I will say 75 and I better hurry up because I've only read 6 so far (not including fan fic).

17. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I am really not doing so hot..I think I'm at one or two so far...have to catch up.

18. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I've read five so far, and that's good consideeing I only read 11 last year!

19. bluerose

bluerose Member

I have set my self a goal of 52 Books in 52 weeks for the Goodreads 2015 challenge, although not off to a great start, yet to finish a book. I read more during the spring/summer months so hoping can catch up.

20. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Book Basset is also a great site/newsletter. She is also on facebook. She has a bunch of free books in a variety of genres each day. Plus her stories about her family and chickens are hilarious.

I read 50 books last year -- I thought that was low and that I must have forgot some. But I guess I didn't. I've only read 5 so far this year, but I am almost done with 1 and reading 2 more actively. I'm not really setting a goal, just keeping track. :)