2015 Photography Challenges POLL

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Dec 29, 2014.

What types of Photo challenges would you like in 2015

1. Skill based challenges to improve photography

57.8%
  2. Fun and creative ideas to think outside the box

60.0%
  3. Generic word to just get inspired

20.0%
  4. other ideas??? comment below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

What if we call them "photography projects" instead of challenges?

And there's our first project for 2015: paying more attention to light & background! :thumbsups

2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Yes...exactly...that's why I wanted to clarify. It's not a TLP challenge, so I hope I didn't make them look bad...it's just something I did for fun. The photo forum is pretty quiet, but it's more my cup of tea =) hoping to draw more people in.

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I would really love to learn something new, and since about 70 percent of the photos I take are lousy anything at all would be helpful :-)
    having said that, when something is fun it is easier for me to absorb ( just like the kids ) so anything thinking outside the box or that require a new skill would be great . Thanks for taking the time.

4. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

YES. This is exactly the kind of thing I would love to know. I love photography and finding that perfect gem when I DL my memory card. I also love the everyday photos I snap with my phone for my PL pages... and I adore my photoless pages done just to express myself... sometimes related to a memory and sometimes not.

We are a super diverse group here and that is TOTES MAGOTES awesome!

Farrah, your photography does ROCK and we would all love to know a little more than we do. Do I think you are going to get a ton of advanced skill questions? No, not here. Do I think you can get a bunch of enthusiastic memory keepers who would LOVE to add more great photos to their library? Absolutely.

I voted earlier, but coming back to say keep on rockin'.

BTW, I voted for skills and/or creativity. I, personally, do not need prompts although those are coolio, too. Feel free to mix it up!

5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I voted for the fun and creative ideas - I would love some prompts for mixing it up and just getting some different perspectives for my photos. But, after reading the discussion I will say that I would also LOVE some tips on getting better phone photos. Whether they be technical or environmental. I don't have a DSLR so there is not a ton I can do with advanced techniques, but I find that I am taking more pictures with my phone anyway.

Thanks for taking this on, Farrah!

6. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'd love any photo challenges, but especially skill based ones! I always love motivation to pick up my camera and try a new technique!

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

You might not believe it but it is working already :-) I went for a walk yesterday and the sea and the sky looked amazing , got the camera out , started to take the photo and noticed an electric pole right on the side, I never would have thought about it before reading this thread ,so thanks.

8. jenevang

This is awesome! Yay, Vivi... a photo made a little better. Thanks for sharing this.

Oh, and I love the idea of "Photography Projects", hehe... Farrah is always so creative in her photography. I'm so glad she is willing to share her knowledge with us.

9. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Oh, yay! That's awesome! It's funny how things like this make a big difference in a photo!

I've been trying to do this more with family photos. Like I purposely look for interesting backgrounds to make my family pose in front of. Last Mother's Day we went to East Side Mario's. I thought the yellow exterior would make a nice background so I made everyone stand in front of it. They thought I was nuts, by after cropping and popping the colours, it was beautiful!

This^ x 1000!!! :heartlub

10. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Farrah - I remember when I first got my dslr . . . it was because of scrapbooking. At the time, I think I learned the most from the twopeas forums . . . I found them to be most like minded in their focus to learn as well as teach, moms with kids, safe ya know . . . I think a lot of scrapbooking's direction has been led by photography advances . . . project life is a direct result of our ability to capture quickly and easily with cell phones.

I voted for outside the box ideas in the poll . . . can't wait to see where this goes! I've participated casually and infrequently over the years in the photography challenges. I would love to see this section of the forum grow and commit to checking in more frequently and participating in posted threads! If there is anything that I can do to help - please ask!

11. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I also loved the 2Ps photography board and learned so much there. That forum was an incredible resource for scrapbookers and a huge loss when they shut it down - so many years of helpful advice and tips lost. Like PageFrocks, I would love to see this forum grow!

12. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I'm a 2peas photog!! :)

It was such a fantastic resource. I learned photography because I wanted better photos in my scrapbooks. It seems so logical to me, both being visual media. Why wouldn't someone want well exposed, in focus photos to help keep memories? I wish I had more photos of my childhood, my home, my life before kids. Sure there can be an artistic outlet to scrapping if one needs it, but some of us are actual memory keepers, and the photos are just as important as the words, and in some cases more important than words.

13. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I'm a 2peas photog, too! I actually was directed to 2peas to learn digital scrapbooking (probably 10 years ago). I went to the digi forum once and then discovered the photography forum and never left. I learned so much from the photography forum and the amazing people who spread their knowledge. Many were far better photographers than I, but I learned so much from them. In my world, photography and scrapbooking go hand in hand. I don't understand not having a desire to create better images to scrap with. Nobody is suggesting that anyone become a professional photographer, or even create professional images... but learning and practicing can only make your snapshots even better... regardless of what you choose to shoot with.

I personally would love to see this forum grow.

14. FarrahJobling

I learned everything I know about photography from 2Peas =) That's probably why I'd love to make the same type of home for photographers here.

15. FarrahJobling

I also agree about photos being so important...whether they are technically perfect or just a snapshot. I just finished a 420 page album of old family photos and history...I feel so much closer to my ancestors now. For me, I find inspiration in the photos I take. A nice photo, simply scrapped, inspires me more than an entire page of journalling.

16. jenevang

Again, I am so happy that this is a home for all kinds of scrappers.

Let's totally grow this section. Let's totally take better photos. Let's totally be inspired by photography.

Let's also art journal if we want. Let's tell our stories through words and photos and "paint" and doodles if we want. Let's be a place where we can feel the freedom to do it all as our creativity leads us. And let's be inspired by those who do things differently.

Let's never allow our own preferences to limit our appreciation for the beauty in other's memory keeping, regardless of how they express it.

And let's take some pictures! (hey, my PL pages would be pretty boring w/o photos, hehe)

I love TLP because it is a place for art and expression and community and fun!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  17. FarrahJobling

I hope this feeling isn't coming from something I've said. AJ isn't for me, but I certainly appreciate the ability for people to make their own art. Again...I posted the photo challenges in an attempt at something FUN. I hate that it's come down to this. =...(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

[​IMG]
    sometimes everyone just needs a big wet sloppy kiss

19. FarrahJobling

I say we just let it go...it's really not that big of a deal. We don't need photo challenges...it was supposed to be fun.

20. jenevang

Farrah... you ROCK. You are awesome. And you can bring a TON of inspiration and knowledge to this forum and board.

Go for it, girl! I just think we need to remember that we all have our preferences. Nothing is right or wrong.

You are an ASSET to TLP and I will be sorely disappointed if I do not see you do incredible things with this Photography Forum in 2015...

:love