2013: My PL dilemma

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by ang517, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ang517

ang517 New Member

I'm a Design A girl, used it 100% in 2012 & added in others as inserts only. I need the consistency of one design to keep my planning as easy as possible. I'm not a "mix it up" girl for sure. BUT I am doing a week in review for 2013 instead of P365 so I'll have a little more flexibility.

I'm really happy with Design A but I realized that I don't actually use many of the 4x6 spots for a 4x6 photo. So I'm considering using Design F for 2013. I'm also considering alternating A & F so that I have one of each for every spread.

I do have a few of each design left over so I can see how the first few weeks of 2013 goes before making my decision.

So to all the other paper/hybrid PLers out there - are you changing up your plan for which plastics to use? Sticking with one?

2. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I took a mix it up approach last year and it was hard. Way too many decisions for me, and what I have now is a jumbled mess that I'm not sure I will ever finish.

For 2013 I am thinking about using Design C exclusively and everything will be like a mini 4x6 layout, that way there is exactly no decision making on what size to make everything. I did this page entirely on 4x6 cards, printed them, and slid them in the pockets and it was the easiest PL page I did all year, plus I really like how it turned out.

[​IMG]

I also don't do a photo a day or week at a glance spread, but just document whatever speaks to me, so this works really well for me.

3. ang517

ang517 New Member

First - I LOVE that page!! Your idea is awesome.

That's EXACTLY why I don't mix - too many decisions. And since I use a core kit (dying to get my hands on Seafoam for 2013) I'm all about the 3x4 cards. Looking through my album the only times I really NEEDED to have a 4x6 spot was for ephemera. I'm leaning towards using all design F and if I come across a week where I need a larger spot I'll use design A for one of the pages or make an insert.

Really designs A, C & F can be used similarly. I'm striving for SIMPLE in 2013 though so using tons of 3x4 cards it will be easier to just slip them in a 3x4 pocket instead of designing it so that I'm filling lots of 4x6 spots.

Thank you for sharing that - it really helped! :)

4. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm moving to month in review for 2013 and i have been using Design A primarily in 2012. I think I'm going to use F for the left and then for the right use the one that has the 4x6 card for F split into 3x4 - Valorie has this in her template packs. I'll probably use that so that the spots are horizontal instead of vertical on the right though. this will give me a lot more places to put photos and journal cards for the month. I plan to buy Seafoam digitally. I too love it so much!

5. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Love your approach, Sarah! Only have one size of pockets to plan for is brilliant for a year-long project like this.

6. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I used the big pack of designs A-F this year, but I'm the opposite of you: I hated all the little cards! So for next year I ordered the big pack of A&D, plus some of the newer packs for variation. Plus I love the one row of 4x6 cards for inserts, so I got some of those, too.