2 years have passed

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cherpea, Feb 21, 2013.

1. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

Two years ago today (22 Feb) at 12.51pm a magnitude 6.3 earthquake hit Christchurch...

Killing 185 people... injuring countless... destroying homes and our beautiful city...

We may move on...
    We may move forward...
    But we will never forget.

Kia Kaha

2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

sending you all massive hugs xx

3. cherpea

Thanks Amanda... have just been to my youngests school assembly... so proud of all the kids (ranging from 5 to 10/11) for sitting so quietly while we remembered...

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh how awful! I didn't even know. I'm really sorry that happened. :( {hugs}

5. cherpea

Karen this was the second really big quake we had the first (7.4)hit on Sept4 2010 thankfully killed no one... timing (it happened in the early hours of the morning) played a huge part... the bars and pubs were closed dreadful wake up call though...

then to have this one hit and kill so many it was just horrible... two years down the track the "red zone" (no go area) is slowly shrinking... entrances to the area are still guarded by the military. ever so slowly we are inching forward...

Its just a terribly hard day for lots of people... slowly we will come back...

6. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

I just don't know what to say Cheryl... I can't even imagine how you all must feel. A big hug to ya sweetie!

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I remember when that happened and we were all checking with our NZ friends to see if everyone was ok. What a scary tragedy. Hugs!

8. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I remember it happening....so sad to see such a beautiful city destroyed. I loved my visit there and have fond memories.