127 gigabytes.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karah, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Karah

Karah Karah

Seriously. I just deleted 127 GIGABYTES of old digiscrap files from my computer. Hoarder much??? I just went through kit by kit, pack by pack, and decided if I would ever REALLY use it. There was a obviously a lot that didn't make the cut (I might have loved it in 2006 ... not so much today!). A couple of months ago marked TEN YEARS of digiscrapping for me!

So how big is your scrap stash? (my remaining scrap stuff is about 250 GB, but that includes my design stuff and layered layouts files).

2. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Good for you! I need to do more of this myself.

3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I could probably do a lot of that myself--but the task feels so daunting!!

I have been digiscrapping for about 8 years and I am definitely a hoarder!!!

4. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Ugh. I don't even want to count/admit. I really need to do it though. I think I'm somewhere near a terabyte. I have an EHD that has all of my pictures and layouts and digiscrap stuff, along with classes and stuff and that is about 2 TB, but I know at least half is digiscrap. :/ Insanity. I have a folder on the EHD that is called "old stuff" that has digifiles dating back to 2005. I keep thinking I'm just going to delete it all, but I never do. I have no clue why. I did go through and get rid of a lot of freebie things that I will never use. It is easier for me to get rid of things that I didn't pay for (and will never use). And the upside is that I'm not buying as much these days. I have to really love something before I'll buy it because I have so much stuff that I haven't used yet.

That is the only downside to digital scrapping. There is literally new things every week to add to a stash. :giggle

5. Karah

Karah Karah

Yep, the things that I actually spent money on were the hardest to delete! But I did it anyways. It did take several hours (probably 6+) to go through everything (and I'm not even done yet) but I think it was worth it.

I know some peoples' stashes are WAY bigger than mine, but I just was really shocked by how much I actually deleted! lol

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I did this in march/April. I deleted upwards of 30GB I think (I wrote down numbers somewhere) but have probably downloaded that much since then *blush*

I have a 500GB EHD that is mostly digital scrapbooking things and pictures, and it's about 2/3 full.

I scrapped my first digi page in 2009, then another 20 or so pages in 2011, another handful 2012-14.... and then exploded this year (mostly at TLP :giggle). I've made more this year than all my previous years.

So.... anything I downloaded prior to May of this year most likely hasn't been used. I am trying to ensure I don't do that anymore, but....

7. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I am ruthless...If I am going to keep it, it has to be a staple that I know I am going to use repeatedly.

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

You inspired me, and I was able to go through and delete around 30GB just now.

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I used to keep everything... now, I don't. I do go through every so often, and will give that whole kit/file/folder a color tag that I want to get rid of. I won't delete right away... but the next time i go through, if I want to get rid of it again, it's gone. I'm much better than I was... lol!

10. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

So I just looked at my Digital Scrapbooking File....it is 163GB total. I also started about 10 years ago now, and almost all of it is stuff that I have gotten from my different creative teams. I have gone thru once or twice in those 10 years and purged, but haven't in a while! That 163GB doesn't count for the kits that are sitting in my downloads file that I haven't moved over to the correct folder yet either. It is probably time to purge some oldies. I can almost guarantee though that anything in the TLP file is a keeper - I'd have too tough a time letting go of any of it - sometimes I look thru the oldies just to reminisce!

11. renee82

renee82 renee82

I have lots stored on my EHD... I haven't looked at them in years so I should probably just delete them. But I can't. lol!

12. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

clueless, can't part with anything but duplicate tou's at this point

13. Karah

Karah Karah

LOL Amanda - my TLP stuff was pretty much untouched, which says a lot!! :D

14. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I pretty much delete the duplicate TOUs and free stuff I'm never going to use, but I figure storage is pretty cheap these days. I zip all the old stuff to a 3 terabyte EHD and forget about it. My unzipped stash (also on an external drive so I don't slow down my laptop - is over 300 GB. )

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow Karah! That is awesome! I've gone through my stash a couple of times over the 9+ years I've been scrapping. Almost all freebies have been deleted and lots of the first kits I downloaded too, but I definitely lean towards the hoarder status. Lol! I figure if I paid money for it and I still might use it someday, storage is cheap. I still have tons of room left on my EHD, so for now I'm keeping my goodies! :giggle

16. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

Wow! I have only been digi scrapping for two years, but I have amassed about 200 GB of digi supplies. I haven't purged, but I am definately more selective about what I buy now that I know what I like and use.

17. jjriward

jjriward Active Member

I need to do this so bad! The thought of it makes me cringe!

18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I had an EHD fail as I was transferring to my network drive had most of the stuff I really wanted to keep already transferred over. I lost most of my stash from a store I was staff at so can't replace that but I am over it now. It was a quick and easy way to clean up, lol. The saddest part is I lost all my layouts from a couple of years. I'm sure I could clean out more though :)

19. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

My stash is 110 GB. I am actually NOT a hoarder... I DO go through periodically and dump whatever I think I wont use. I guess it looks like I need to do another clean-up. That's a lot of files.

20. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

you go Karah!!!!!! amazing- I started clearing up and did some 10 gigs but then time is short and lots going on in my life right now so couldn't carry on, thanks for posting this, great reminder!!!!

I'm kinda sad that you ll be on sabbatical though, I already miss you SO much at the dares, you cannot imagine!!!!!!!