10 ways to get your Mojo back

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by NBK-Design, May 18, 2023.

1. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-1.jpg

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-2.jpg

Feeling burnt out from digital scrapbooking? Take a break and give yourself some much-needed rest and relaxation. Here’s why:

‍♀️ Take a break: Sometimes, taking a break from the hobby can help to reignite your passion for it. Spend some time doing something else you enjoy and then come back to your scrapbooking with fresh eyes.

Reflect on your goals: Use your break to reflect on your goals for your scrapbooking. Are you happy with where you are? What do you want to achieve? Taking time to think about these questions can help you refocus and reenergize your passion.

✨ Try something new: During your break, try something new that you’ve always wanted to do. You might discover a new hobby that complements your digital scrapbooking, or you might find inspiration from a completely different creative outlet.

Come back with fresh eyes: When you come back to your scrapbooking, you’ll have a fresh perspective and renewed energy. Use this to your advantage and try new techniques, explore new themes, and have fun!

Remember, it’s important to take care of yourself and your creativity. Don’t be afraid to take a break when you need it!

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-6.jpg
    Get inspired: Look for inspiration from other scrapbookers online, in magazines, or in books. Seeing what others have created can help to spark your own creativity.

Search online: Use search engines, social media, and online forums to find other scrapbookers who share your interests. You might discover new techniques, materials, or themes that you can incorporate into your own scrapbooking.

Browse magazines: Pick up a scrapbooking or crafting magazine and flip through the pages for ideas and inspiration. You might find layouts or designs that you want to try yourself.

‍ Join a group: Join a scrapbooking group online or in person to connect with others who share your hobby. You can exchange ideas, ask for feedback, and support each other’s creativity.

Read books: Check out books on scrapbooking or art and design for inspiration and techniques. You might learn new approaches or get inspired by the work of other artists.

Remember, inspiration can come from anywhere. Keep your eyes open and stay curious. You never know what might spark your next great idea!

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-9.jpg

️ Try a new technique: Trying a new technique, such as a new style of layout or using new tools or software, can help to bring new life to your scrapbooking.

Use new tools: Experiment with new digital tools or software that you haven't used before. This can help you to discover new ways to create and design your layouts.

Explore new styles: Look for inspiration from different styles of digital scrapbooking, such as minimalist or vintage. Trying out new styles can help you to develop your own unique style and discover new creative possibilities.

Take an online class: Consider taking an online class or tutorial to learn a new technique or skill. This can help you to improve your digital scrapbooking skills and bring fresh ideas to your layouts.

✨ Mix it up: Don’t be afraid to mix different techniques and styles in your layouts. Experiment with combining different elements, such as photos, textures, and fonts, to create unique and interesting designs.

Remember, the possibilities are endless when it comes to digital scrapbooking. Keep experimenting and trying new things to keep your creativity flowing!

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-12.jpg

Joining a community of other scrapbookers, either online or in person, can help to keep you motivated and inspired

Connect with others: Reach out to other digital scrapbookers online or in local groups to connect with like-minded creatives. Share your work, ask for feedback, and learn from others.

Get inspired: Seeing what other scrapbookers have created can help to spark your own creativity and give you fresh ideas. Engage with others and share your own work for inspiration.

Learn and grow: Joining a community of scrapbookers can also help you to learn new techniques, discover new tools and software, and improve your digital scrapbooking skills.

Join online groups: Join online groups or forums to connect with scrapbookers from all over the world. You can share your work, ask for feedback, and connect with others who share your interests

Remember, joining a community of scrapbookers can help to keep you motivated, inspired, and connected to others who share your passion for digital art and scrapbooking.

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-15.jpg

Set goals: Setting goals for yourself can help to give you a sense of purpose and direction in your scrapbooking. Whether it’s completing a certain number of layouts in a month or trying a new technique, setting goals can help to keep you motivated.

Make a plan: Once you’ve set your goals, make a plan to achieve them. Break your goals down into smaller, more manageable tasks and set deadlines for yourself.

Visualize success: Visualize yourself achieving your goals and completing your projects. This can help to keep you motivated and focused on your end result.

Reflect and adjust: Reflect on your progress and adjust your goals as needed. Don’t be afraid to change your approach or try something new if what you’re doing isn’t working.

Challenge yourself: Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. Challenge yourself to learn a new technique or create a more complex layout. You might surprise yourself with what you can accomplish!

Celebrate your successes: Celebrate each milestone you achieve, no matter how small. Take time to acknowledge your hard work and enjoy the satisfaction of completing a project or reaching a goal.

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-18.jpg

Using prompts, such as a list of ideas or a specific theme, can help to give you a starting point for your scrapbooking and help to get your creative juices flowing.

Use your memories: Your memories are a great source of inspiration for your scrapbooking. Use your personal experiences and stories to create layouts that are meaningful and unique to you.

Above all, remember to have fun and enjoy the process of digital scrapbooking!

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-20.jpg

‍ Break the project down into smaller, more manageable tasks. This can help to make it feel less overwhelming and easier to tackle.

Make a plan: Create a plan or to-do list to help you stay on track and motivated. Seeing your progress and checking off completed tasks can also give you a sense of accomplishment.

Focus on one task at a time: Don’t try to tackle everything at once. Instead, focus on completing one task at a time before moving on to the next. This can help to prevent burnout and keep you motivated.

Ask for help: Don’t be afraid to ask for help or collaborate with other scrapbookers. Sometimes, working with others can help to keep you motivated and inspired.

Set milestones: Set milestones or goals for yourself as you work through the project. Celebrate each milestone you reach to help keep you motivated and on track.

Reward yourself: Reward yourself after completing a project or task. This can help to keep you motivated and give you something to look forward to.

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-22.jpg

Embrace the imperfections: Remember that it’s okay if things don’t turn out perfectly. Embrace the imperfections and enjoy the process of creating something unique and personal.

Take your time: Don’t rush through the process. Take your time to enjoy each step and savor the experience of creating something special.

Experiment and play: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different techniques and styles. Use your scrapbooking as a creative outlet to play and have fun.

Enjoy the moment: Remember to enjoy the process and be present in the moment. Don’t worry too much about the end result, focus on enjoying the journey

‍♀️ Practice mindfulness: Use scrapbooking as an opportunity to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment. Focus on your senses and the act of creating.

Express yourself: Use your scrapbooking as a way to express yourself and your creativity. Let your personality and style shine through in your work.

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-26.jpg

Join a group: Look for online or local scrapbooking groups that you can join. This will give you the opportunity to connect with other scrapbookers and collaborate on projects together.

Use social media: Use social media to connect with other scrapbookers and share your work. You can also collaborate on projects by sharing files and ideas online.

Celebrate your work: Finally, don’t forget to celebrate your collaboration! Share your finished project with each other and celebrate the work you’ve created together.

curio, sthomas51004, KarenB and 8 others like this.
  2. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

10 ways to get your mojo back quer forum-28.jpg

Be kind to yourself: Remember to be kind to yourself and don’t be too hard on yourself if things don’t turn out exactly as you had planned.

Shift your mindset: Instead of seeing mistakes as failures, try to see them as opportunities to learn and grow. This can help you to approach your scrapbooking with a more positive mindset.

Plan for mistakes: Plan ahead for mistakes by having extra materials on hand or creating a rough draft of your layout before starting. This can help to minimize the impact of mistakes and make them easier to fix

Embrace imperfections: Remember that imperfections can add character and charm to your scrapbooking. Embrace them and let them be a part of your creative process.

Keep going: Finally, don’t let mistakes discourage you. Keep going and use them as motivation to continue learning and improving your skills.

sthomas51004, Ga_L, cfile and 3 others like this.
  3. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

What a great post and wonderful wisdom :)

NBK-Design likes this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Great tips! Thank you for sharing!

NBK-Design likes this.
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

how nice it would be know how to start, no idea on a goal let alone baby steps..

NBK-Design and designbylime like this.
  6. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Fantastic advise. When I lost my mojo I started to color paper with what nature had for me. It was such a wonderful process and it didn't matter if I failed because it was just normal copy paper. I loved the wonderful vintage color from the peal of avocado and the stone, the red from red onion, the brown from yellow onion and so on. I did this for a couple of months and suddenly I started to scrap again and this MOC I really found my mojo again.

NBK-Design likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Fantastic post and advice, Nicole :) Thank you for sharing!

NBK-Design likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

9. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

These are great tips! Thank you for sharing.

NBK-Design likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Definitely good advice Thanks for sharing, @NBK-Design

NBK-Design likes this.
  11. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

Great ideas. Thank you for sharing!

NBK-Design likes this.
  12. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

It's like you read my mind as it is now. I'm in a slump so this is definitely the right timing to get inspired! Thank you for sharing! Need to finish reading now!

NBK-Design likes this.
  13. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

This already speaks to me as I want to scrap photos from my friends' visit here in Japan but there are so many I am already overwhelmed. I need to batch edit them first, then make groups of photos by events so that I can see what photos have to be scrapped. Thank you for the inspiration!

NBK-Design likes this.
  14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Nicole, thank you for sharing and for the wonderful advice!

NBK-Design likes this.
  15. omlialie

omlialie Well-Known Member

I took a break because I thought I needed it. But after a message received from @gonewiththewind and such a wonderful comment from @bellbird, I realized "hey I didn't need a break... I just lost my mojo..."

That night, I scrapped. Reading this thread now made me feel ok again.

Thankful for this community ♥ Thank you for sharing.

16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's always good to have support from fellow creatives. I'm so glad you are creating and allowing that process to help you feel better!

omlialie and NBK-Design like this.
  17. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicole @NBK-Design for sharing all these tips.

It's when I was stundent. When I was tired of maths, I studied physics. And when I was tired of physics I returned to maths.

With my scrap,I change the style of my pages (clean and free to pocket pages and inversely), in this way my mojo is always present.

bellbird and NBK-Design like this.
  18. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Wow, what wonderful tips. Thanks.

NBK-Design likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So good to hear! :cheer

20. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

been trying for a year last April, to where and what drive to unzip. Someday, i be able to play here again