10 Day Detox: It's killing me...

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by jenevang, May 24, 2014.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

and I'm only on Day #1. Yikes. LOL.

OK, so I need to lose 40 lbs. My blood pressure is getting high, I'm snoring and quite honestly, I just look not-so-good. I'm also quite tired a lot, but that may be more my schedule than my weight.

Anyway, I've been "dieting" and I walk on the treadmill every day. Doing this for almost six months has seen ZERO results and now I'm just discouraged.

So... my father was told by his Oncologist that he needed to lose weight for radiation and was given a particular 10-Day Transformation plan to jump start things. It is expensive, but I did a little research on it, checked the science and seems legit enough. His MD is legit and I trust the pharmacist in town that carries it, so here we are...

I'm doing it with him.

I'm broke and trying to survive on green, nasty, organic shakes and amino acid pills for 10 days.

And I'm cranky. Already.

I think the biggest problem is that I still have to cook the same amount as always for the rest of the family, but cannot eat anything. Am I gonna make it?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hang in there. You will be so proud of yourself when these days are over, and just keep repeating to yourself how great you will feel and how great you will look. Hugs + kudos for taking care of yourself.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am about to start week #5 of whole 30 (yeah I am way past my 30 days) and I have the same problem. I have to cook for Bianca and for hubby other stuff. They will sit and eat bread or cookies in front of me and it tears me apart, but I am on week #5 so far... I AM WINNING! YOU CAN DO THIS.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh hugs to you...we did a 30 day no/low carb and it broke us...now I can't even look at cabbage...

5. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

{{{hugs}}} to you. That doesn't sound at all fun. I'd be cranky too. Go ahead and vent here...we understand. :-)

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Well I guess I shouldn't mention that I just took some chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. :giggle

ducks out of the room! :hide

Seriously though, I feel your pain. It is hard to be the only one in the house working in any way, shape, form towards eating healthy/losing weight. When Alan was traveling full time for work it was not as bad, but now that he is home all of the time it is near impossible for me to stay on the wagon. ARGH! I have managed to lose some weight and keep it off since January, but I am at a stand still right now and know that I need to get past this hurdle and move on.

So tell me a little bit about this "plan" that you are starting Jen.

7. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

PS - I have to add that you can do it!! Keep pushing forward, one day at a time!

8. jenevang

Ummm... thanks for nothing, Trista :rofl

My DH just walked in the kitchen wanting to know what we had sweet in the house. I pointed to the mountain of fruit I just bought today and he groaned. It's just not fair. I can't eat cheetos and ice cream every night! Boo! LOL

It's a plan recommended by my dad's doctor. It is sold at a pharmacy in town here (an online, too) and literally consists of taking these amino acid pills alternating with 3 shakes (which are indeed green and include ingredients like organic alfalfa sprout powder). They taste terrible and I've had to squirt fresh lemon juice in them just to get them down. But really, I've invested 1/2 a fortune in the system now, so I'm stuck!

You are supposed to do 3 shakes a day (with these pills) and VERY minimal food (like 1/2 an orange or boiled kale). That is just not happening so I'm supplementing with fresh fruits/veges and ate a teeny bit of baked chicken and steamed broccoli tonight. Seriously, I was getting light headed.

The 3rd component is a nighttime dose of magic. It's supposed to have "anti-oxidents" in it (told you it was magic), but appears to be full of melatonin. I suspect this is to make sure I get some sleep. Not easy for me. I average 5-6 hours a night and am supposed to get at least 9-10 on this plan. Again, not happening, but I'm gonna try to get at least 7-8.

I think the worst part is the boredom of it. Oh, and my caffeine HA since my beloved coffee AND diet coke is off limits as well. Sigh. I better look like a supermodel when this is done :giggle

9. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Ugh - Jen.. I'm so sorry.. :( I'd offer to do it along with you, but you're not a very good salesperson... ;) Good luck! Listen to your body and make allowances as you need.. I always figure, so long as you're doing better than "normal" at least that's something, right? ;) You'll be great! :D

10. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

We've been juicing (again) and considering that whole happy vegan before 6 dealio (I can do anything till 6, right?!)... I've gained a completely magnificent (seriously - didn't know it was possible) amount of weight in the last 15 months (after starting a medication and subsequently going off it cold turkey - I was hungry!) and I'm getting tired of having boobs and feeling like there's always someone walking directly behind me. You shouldn't be able to see your own backside when you're looking straight ahead.

11. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

That sounds like my nightmare, tbh. I can do low-carb high-fat no problem. I mean, it IS work to stay on it, but I like what I'm eating and I don't crave what I can't have. But shakes and pills? No. I know I'd never last 10 days, even if the shakes weren't nasty. My brain would never wrap around the idea that a shake is a meal.

12. jenevang

Good thing it's not a "pyramid" program, LOL... you don't think I'd succeed, huh? I'll let you know in 8 more days if I can wholly recommend this nonsense. I swear if it didn't come from a physician friend I totally trust, I never would have tried it :)

13. jenevang

This made my morning, Allison! :rofl LOL re: your backside.

I hate my boobs. They are totally in the way! Stupid kids. I'm totally blaming them. That's OK, right? :giggle

14. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Absolutely. It IS there fault!

15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

So, Jen, we haven't heard. How is it going?

16. jenevang

Thanks for asking, Sandy. I'm still alive. Barely :giggle

Seriously, I'm on Day #7 and I haven't cheated. Much. I honestly don't feel "great". I don't feel "detoxed". BUT I'm not hungry as much as I am bored, LOL. I will say this, however, it's a no -brainer. I love not having to think about what to eat. If only the rest of my family were so easy.

Major win for me: I drove through Chick-fi-la for kids today and didn't eat a bite.

And I am losing weight, which was my goal. I am now in the process of figuring out how to continue to lose after the 10 days is over.

17. marnel

marnel Pollywog

Jen, I feel for you. I don't think I would survive on anything like that. I need my real foods.
    I think you should cheat as needed your body will Thank you.
    Sounds great that you got fast food for the family and didn't eat any that's the story of my life... LOL
    I actually met with a trainer today and he said if I wanted to lose weight, I need to do 30-40 mins of cardio and build up to an hour and then do a weight training class back to back. I' lost 15lbs last year and it took a year, he said if I do it the way he's telling me I'll see better results. I've started eating clean again and have a smoothie for breakfast, lunch or dinner and make sure I eat those 3 meals a day. My calorie intake a day should be 1500 calories. I'm pretty good with the meals routine but the whole working out is really alot of work taking 2 n a half months off was the worst I could do but I'm getting back in sync with a good schedule.
    Stay positive and remember that you are doing this for yourself not because you want to be skinny but for more energy, better health and staying alive longer! Hugs

18. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Woohoo! Glad to hear it's going well, Jen!! :D

19. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

:thumbsups Keep it up Jen! You're doing great!

20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

At a girl, Jen! Glad to hear that you are seeing some results to keep you going. Maybe you'll even get me motivated.