10/12 Speed Scrap!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by scrappyjedi, Oct 12, 2016.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Here are the instructions for today’s speed scrap! You will have until 4pm EST to post your page. Pages must be newly created layouts for this challenge and must contain at least 50% TLP products (templates count as 15%).

All participants who post their layouts on time and have followed the instructions will receive a prize! Please give me until tomorrow evening to message those out to you. :)

You will also be allowed to cheat on one (and only one!) instruction by either skipping it or modifying it. Just let me know in your post which one you cheat on if you choose to do so.

Here are the instructions:

1. Choose a background paper with text on it. Either handwritten or typed text is fine, but it needs to be part of the paper and not something that you add yourself. The text does not have to cover the whole page, but it does need to be present. Add some paint over the paper, somewhere along the top third of your layout.

2. Add a solid metallic or glittered paper photo mat over the paint, being sure that some of the paint shows around all the edges of the mat. The paper does not have to be completely glittered or foiled, but it does need to have some on it. Place a single photo over the mat.

3. Layer a scatter element of some sort under the paper mat (peeking/scattering out from under the mat, but above the paint). It can be confetti, sequins, beads- as long as it is a scatter element and not a collection of single elements.

4. Add a cluster of at least five embellishments to the left side of your photo. The cluster should contain at least one branch/foliage element (a flower cluster with leaves will also count). The cluster should touch/cover most or all of the left edge of the photo like a border.

5. Add a single embellishment to the lower right side of your photo that coordinates with the element cluster on the left. (It doesn’t have to match, just coordinate in theme or feel!)

6. Add a title to your page slightly overlapping the top of the photo using either a script font or scripty word art.

7. Place your journaling under your photo. If you need to add more paint so that your journaling text does not blend with the text on your page, then you may do so. You may not use more paper or a journaling spot to hold your text. Journal either on the background paper itself or over paint.

I can't wait to see your layouts!

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the speed scrap.
    My cheat was the embellishment on the right, holding a part of the title.

3. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

All done! That was a lot of fun! Thanks for the great list of instructions!
    [​IMG]

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

mine , thanks for the chat , dontthink I used a cheat I have a whimsy and 4 ellies.
    [​IMG]

6. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

7. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Here is mine and thank you so much for a fun scrap session!
    [​IMG]

8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

My cheat was the photo mat. Here's my page:
    [​IMG]

9. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

10. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Thanks to whoever pointed out the Wishes, Hopes & Dreams Blog Hop has everything needed to complete this challenge. I'd still be looking through my stuff if it wasn't for you!! @scrappyjedi - This was a blast!! Thank you!!

[​IMG]

scrappyjedi and cookingmylife like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I even found the folder of our 2007 London trip!
    [​IMG]

scrappyjedi likes this.
  12. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Such great pages! I only made it back now after my PC forced me to restart and update for a long time. No way am I going to make the deadline, :-).

13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

14. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Wasn't sure I could do this because there have been storms. Got here very late. Thanks for the SS. Wish I had seen the hint about the Wishes collab. Took a while to find all the pieces. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

scrappyjedi and rchansen like this.
  15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

16. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

My cheat was journaling and using word art instead. I almost missed the deadline trying to find something to journal!
    [​IMG]

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

[​IMG]
    (my cheat.. a few minutes late logging back on after install)

18. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Thank you to everyone for participating!! As I said in the chat, I have a HUGE order that I need to finish getting ready to ship out tomorrow, so please give me until tomorrow evening to message your prize code to you!

StefanieS and Cath_ like this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Here's mine. I posted this in the other thread earlier.
    [​IMG]

scrappyjedi and cfile like this.
  20. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Oh dear, I got a message that I posted in the wrong thread. I did get my LO into the gallery (and the wrong thread!) on time though. :( Here it is again. And thanks for the great chart and scrap![​IMG] :sorry