0111 week two

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by klee73010, Jan 11, 2016.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Chloe - that is great that you walked instead of car. I wish I lived closer to things so that I could walk but I don't (I live in rural area where closet store is about 3 miles away with no sidewalks)

Hi Sahlin(I hope that is your name) - welcome to our "fit" world. Great job on the moving and getting water

Anne - yes definitely sitting on the bum has not helped it's reduction.

Kristina - that is a bummer about your Fitbit Charge HR not tracking Heart Rate but at least it is tracking steps.

Lindzee - we can't rush everything; slow and steady is the way to do it.

Kimberly - you must get healthy so take time for you.

End of week tomorrow and I am definitely needing a rest. I have kept up with my daily goal of steps each day so I guess I need to up my goal.

klee73010 likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did laundry today. Which doesn't sound very work out-ty, but it's at the laundromat. So I had to lug the baskets up the stairs to the car, then lug them into the mat, moving each load, and I walked around while I was waiting for them to dry. It always shocks me, because that and a trip to Costco and I'm at half my step goal for the day!

Debbie: Way to go! I'm impressed you made your goal every day!

Kristina - so much wrong with that. It's a HR one and that doesn't work?!? And it's a known issue? What the what?

Welcome Krista! Food is always the hard part for me. I either eat too much or too little. I like that you say you have a plan already!

Kimberly - it's hard to workout when you aren't healthy. Get better!

Kiana - I totally just found some walk away the pounds videos on demand. I'm going to check one out tonight, because the gym isn't happening today.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i got one (that model) for xmas - well, on sale after xmas, after the other brand one DH bought for both of us was deemed useless cr@p). Did yours ever work HR-wise? cos ours have been ok - but i think it's under calculating HR but at least it's giving some indication, i guess. My biggest gripe with it is that it isn't tracking steps when u push the shopping trolley/cart around the shops (which i normally do about 2-3 times a week) And the sleep tracker is not very accurate - it takes me at least a half an hour to fall asleep but it seems to think as soon as i'm lying down i'm asleep and starts calculating sleep time from then...

i managed 12,000 steps (and a layout yesterday!) but today i barely want to move - not sore, just so lacking energy - it's after dinner time and i'm not even at 4,000 yet (i did sit and take a lot of photos of the kids playing during 'no screens' time while it was raining), at least when i was only doing 7,000 ish, i was more consistant. Anyway, gonna try to get to 5,000 tonite.

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have heard that there is dispute about whether the HR is tracking heart rate accurately. I'm not having that issue.
    As far as sleep, my husband and my mom have both complained about how their sleep trackers work... again, I'm not having an issue. Husband has the surge, my mom has the flex. They both sleep terribly, while I sleep just fine. So perhaps it has something to do with that.

For my issue, it started randomly tracking again in the middle of the of the day/towards the evening yesterday. We'll see how long it lasts, and if I get any heart rate readings during my run today. :)

bellbird likes this.
  5. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I had the regular FitBit Flex, and I noticed some weird quirks as well. The sleep mode for me didn't work well at all. I am a horrible sleeper, up/down, sleep walking etc... so I really wanted to monitor. When I put it on sensitive I got like 2 hours of sleep, when it was on regular it said 9 hours of sleep. It was so inaccurate.

My daughter just got the Garmin vivofit 2, and LOVES it so far. (Mama like the better price for all of it's features). When we were testing it out it seemed to track steps a little bit more accurately, and seemed to know when you were "cheating". I was eyeballing THEIR version with the HR monitor, but don't know much about them. Anyone have the Garmin?

6. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I feel myself already wanting to jump ship. This week has been stressful. I am such an emotional eater and this week has just made me want to sit and eat all the chocolate and ice cream and junk i can find but I have been strong and only eaten 4 little chocolate donuts that I shouldn't have LOL. But, it is soooooo hard. I do hope it gets easier to stay strong the longer I do this!

7. rdjrneace

I believe we all have those "rough spots" hurdles to overcome. It is hard when things get tough to not eat; just keep remembering your goal and work to that.

I have been really good this week with my food and walking so I am hoping that I have a good weight loss tomorrow morning.

gracielou likes this.
  8. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

End of week two for many of us, and wow - I would say we are all pretty much sticking with it! Way to go, and Amanda...don't let a hard week stop you...just jump right back in when you are feeling up to it!

I had a good week...my 7 day step count right now is 86,330 - I have been getting on the treadmill every morning for about 45 minutes, which usually puts me at 7,000 steps right at the beginning of the day, so by end of day I am generally at about 11,000-13,000. I started on Monday the 4th, and so far I have not had pop (which is HUGE for me...I LOVE pop), I have eaten healthier, and been moving, so I am feeling good about it. Going to celebrate with a little wine tonight!

gracielou and bestcee like this.
  9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I forgot to say...I also have the FitBit Charge HR - love it...haven't had a problem with tracking HR, sleep, or steps. Hope they can get that issue figured out for you ladies. I have always thought it was quite accurate for me!

klee73010 likes this.
  10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I have to set my Withings into sleep mode when I get into bed. If I forget to turn off sleep mode in the am it seems to shut itself off after so much movement. If it's accurate to the minute of how long I'm in dee or light sleep - I don't find that important. It's definitely tracking the trends accurately and I'm very pleased with it.
    Same with steps. If it measures 4060, 5000, or 5100. I don't find that important. It's the going up a bit each day, and or at least reaching the same as the day before.
    For pulse and oxygen it seems very accurate. They all seem to use the same lazier mechanism for this. My husband has a device just for monitoring pulse and oxygen in the blood since his heart problem and we compared measurements. The Withings was spot on.
    I have no complaints - except I need to increase my activity levels and now that the dogs have gone home, it's hard. Today I will see how many steps cleaning the house makes.

11. klee73010

@sahlink I don't know anything about them, but I'd suggest borrowing hers for a few days, to at least tell you if you like their sleep monitoring before you get your own heart rate monitoring version. :)

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I found those too yesterday on our on demand... I did the 1 mile one to see what I thought and it was pretty fun!

I did okay this week. I had a rough start as my daughter was home sick from school Monday and Tuesday. Walking her to school is the springboard to my longer walk. I have a hard time motivating myself to get started, so having to get her to school doesn't give me the choice. Once I'm out the door, I'm all good. I walk everywhere for my errands, so any time I was out, I tried to go the long way instead of the most direct route. I was in a fitbit challenge with a group of women and found that pretty motivating. I was nowhere near the top of that group, but there a few of us that kept in a pretty tight bunch. Anytime I would get the notification that one passed me, I would find a way to get in a few more steps (which is how I ended up doing the on demand video yesterday).

Did good with water and making better choices with food (not saying I'm making good choices, just better than my previous ones).

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  13. rdjrneace

Lost 3.8 pounds this past week so I am so happy. I also have belonged to some fitbit challenges and they really do help you move. Weekends are actually my problem since I am out of my normal and find it hard to get more steps in.

klee73010 and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I think better food/drink is going to be my next challenge. I eat way too much bad food and diet coke right now as I'm probably bored. Think I'll be moving my laptop into my bedroom during the day when I'm on my own rather than on the dining table where it is now so that I'm not tempted by the kitchen right opposite.

Well I haven't weighed myself at all but based on the ease of getting my swimsuit on today I'm pretty sure I've either lost weight or centimetres. I don't know why I haven't faced up to the scale yet but I think deep down I'm scared to see exactly how bad my weight is.

15. klee73010

I have made it almost the full week being "in the zone" calorie wise. Not too much, only one day too few. I am super happy with that, and validates what I've done all week... which was not THAT far off what I was doing, aside from adding the exercise, and eating intentionally (not mindless snacking and eating portioned meals at decent times).

You guys.... (or ladies)... I get to have TWO breakfasts! (This is how.I've managed to keep myself eating meals. Lol!) Yes. Both of them are smaller. But... two of them! (One really early, like 5am, then another around 8:30/9am.)

And I have been following Jenn's advice @jk703 about the water first thing in the morning :)

bestcee likes this.
  16. rdjrneace

I use to be terrified of the scale but I decided it is just a tool but not the only one. I usually pay more attention to how my clothes feel.

Drinking water first thing is a great way to "fill" your belly to keep from over-eating. I try to drink at least 16 oz before I eat anything.

klee73010 likes this.
  17. rdjrneace

Oh I forgot to tell you that today my husband said my face looks thinner. This made me so happy

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah!!

Do you have a before and after selfie? I've seen those around and it's super inspiring!

19. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I think this is what I will end up doing if I commute to another city to do my masters degree - I would be getting up at 5.30am and catching a bus around 7.45 arriving there shortly after 9am so that would work out perfect

klee73010 likes this.
  20. thewininghooker

thewininghooker New Member

Is it too late to join in?