0101-week one Fit

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 1, 2016.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Yay!!! I love seeing this thread up and running in the Fit Pad....and so active too!!! I just got back from a vacation, and I am ready to start my week/new year off tomorrow with a good 'ole detox!!! I am going to commit to drinking water, and eating more whole foods. No pop, less sugar, healthy foods...ready to go! And then trying to hit my 10,000 steps a day and maybe get back into one of my workout videos as well!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm always lazy on a Sunday. But I scheduled my gym time for Monday and Tuesday so that's a start!

3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Oh man...you gals with plans make me feel like a slob!! Mostly, I'm just trying to get through the day - I have no fitness goals this year, as I'm currently 4 months preggo...but I do need to start doing something...I am growing out of my regular pants WAY too quickly this time!! Usually I am playing basketball twice a week that keeps me in some kind of shape, but not this year!! I'm just trying to make sure that I eat healthy and drink lots of water.

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

NATASHA!!! how did I miss you were expecting?? @bcnatty how exciting..oh no plans for you, you are so creative you are making a baby!!! aw!

bcnatty likes this.
  5. bcnatty

LOL...Anne you always make me smile!! I didn't really make a big announcement...just mentioned it a bit in a couple different posts.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

I just went to your gallery, no page with the pee stick? no guess what? woman, get on the ball, I need ultra sounds, due dates, names, and such, reactions from family? wow, gosh I am all excited.

7. bcnatty

Bahaha...I'll get on it @AnneofAlamo ...I know...I've been so bad with letting everyone know...I haven't even put a picture up on social media yet. I think that I'm just liking that only a few people know about it so I don't have to constantly answer the same questions over and over again...But for you, I'll get on it...I know the [>]

8. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

I'm feeling much better after my second walk, no butt-itis this time, woohoo! I can feel your pain, though, I'm way less active on the weekends even though I have more time (but so much scrapping to do! LOL). Go figure!!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I have my sons two labs for the next two weeks so they've given me a big kick start to two lengthy walks per day. Hubby and I also tossed all the Christmas junk food yesterday, did a fridge purge and had a great vegetable stir fry with buckwheat noodles for dinner.
    Gotta keep it going.....

10. AnneofAlamo

I am glad to hear this!! yeah yeah
    my dogs are what get me going, they can tell time I think! I am purging fridge today too!

chloe_digiscrap likes this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I found a big huge mason jar in the pantry, so I've filled that with water and have it in the fridge so I can be more mindful about how much water I've had. I think it holds 60ish ounces. And now I'm thinking about which long way route I'm going to take home after walking my daughter to school. Baby steps, but trying to make things a habit.

12. AnneofAlamo

I am a huge believer in baby steps!! I parked my truck on the far far side of the store Saturday, and felt good about be bopping in!

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i have yet to figure out how to correctly cook those those buckwheat noodles. :confused:

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@bcnatty congrats Natasha! i won't ask any questions - i'll leave it to Anne :D!

bcnatty likes this.
  15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Day 4 almost done (at least for me since I get up at 4:30); I got in over 7,500 steps so I really feel good about how much I moved (even with my desk job I still moved today). I did good on the water and pretty good on eating - I did have a small piece of cake but I guess that is a win in that I had a small piece instead of a large one.

16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I started today. I did Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, 1 mile today, drank probably 4 glasses of water (usually zero) and also did some bicep curls. :banana:banana

17. AnneofAlamo

bhhhahaa I guess I did sound pushy...lol, my son and DIL are waiting at least 4 years, and I am tormented!

YOU are so rocking this! I am really really proud of you!

YOU did awesome for the start, and I know it is just gonna be betterer and betterer! lol

18. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Okay, so I'm going to take a little bit of a stretch in the definition of Fit. Of course it is the physical aspect. Eat less crap, move more. But I need to add a mental health part to my goal. About a year and a half ago now, I was in a pretty severe mental crisis. I have depressive tendencies and they can get severe. Well, this time, I broke.

I've been in a ton of therapy and I'm doing much much better. Here's the thing ... yesterday and today I've been pretty busy with this scrapbooking project I'm working on. I'm coordinating the moms (and a couple dads) of 19 graduating cheerleaders and getting a wide variety of people who are fairly proficient online memory book makers to ladies who have no clue how to work their computer beyond basic internet and maybe Microsoft Office. Yesterday, I was busy. A happy busy but nonetheless feeling a little stress of a looming deadline and the personal desire to do my best work. All of a sudden, my heart is racing and low and behold, my body went into full blown anxiety attack. But my mind wasn't upset at all. I was doing something that I actually love to do: organize crap and scrapbook. It took me about an hour of mindfully going through different skills to calm my body back down. It was a definite reminder that while I am doing much better, I'm not better yet (if that makes sense). I just hate that my body took the adrenaline from something that I was happy doing and responded like I was in crisis. Today has been busy but I've been struggling against my body because it wants to get back in there and be all anxious. So ... I'm adding into my fit routine an element of SLOWNESS. Looking forward tomorrow to a better day!!

PS. Water has been good. Been drinking a lot of peppermint tea. It's pretty cold and rainy here so its been helping me stay warm too.

sberkan and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  19. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

Great job on being able to settle down before things got out of control, Kimberly! That's a great win that you were able to stop it before it got too severe!

I didn't walk yesterday since I went to PT but I'll go tonight after work. It's not only good for me but for my walking buddy / dog as well, she misses seeing us in Winter when my inlaws aren't out as much as they used to.

LoveItScrapIt and enjoyyourpix like this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Got my Walk away the Pounds mile in today, doing good on water so far. Also did some strength.

chloe_digiscrap likes this.