♥ Help!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by crazsquaw, Jan 4, 2017.

1. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I am just in love with so much in the gallery that it is crazy! I am trying hard to leave love on as many pages as I can AND feed my family! I need to investigate the speech to text option so I can cook and comment :giggle

crazsquaw and lmccandless like this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

This time of year I just say do the best you can. Leave more comments one day and the next get your layouts done? Good luck with this.... its a common problem here :ballonhang

crazsquaw likes this.
  3. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

One thing I learned to do while a member of a team that left love, is to open each layout in a new tab. Once you have maybe 2 full rows opened in new tabs, click each tab, leaving a meaningful comment on that layout. Hit enter and move onto the next layout. Once you have reached the last tab open, go back and "x" out each tab (this gives each comment a little time to post). Good luck! It's fun getting comments and it makes you feel good knowing you are leaving meaningful comments too!

crazsquaw and KarenB like this.
  4. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

It is hard to comment on every page that I see in the gallery at this time of year............ there are just so many!! and seriously laughing out loud about your autocorrect @jenn mccabe :rofl

crazsquaw and jenn mccabe like this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I try to focus on the pages that have zero or few comments yet.

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I usually just start on the latest page and allocate some time and then move on with other scrapping. so many layouts means so much inspiration.

crazsquaw likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love all the tips in this thread! I admit defeat, that I'm not going to get every single layout. But that I'm going to get a whole lot of them! And I try to hit different scrappers by popping in to comment at different times.

crazsquaw and berniek like this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I type really slow,so that doesn't help. I love leaving comments though, and since I am not a fan of the like button,apart from when showing someone I appreciate their comment on a Lo of mine. I do the best I can,and refuse to feel guilty about what I don't reach ,considering that the MOC LO thread has 239 threads in it, I don't think it is even possible to reach every one. But wow there is some great stuff out there.

bestcee, crazsquaw and KarenB like this.
  9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I too would love to comment on everything I see here. But time does not allow. I love the 'like' button cos I feel like I am leaving my appreciation and love that way :) But what I love about The Lily pad is that you can feel the love all the time anyway - I may have over used the word love btw
    :bk:heartslub:heartlub:beat:beat:beat:beat:beat:beat:beat!

littlekiwi, bestcee and crazsquaw like this.
  10. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I used to love on so many on another forum a few years ago, & knew all the short codes & tabs commands too to help, but now I just WANT to get back to leaving meaningful comments like that. I do what others suggest here & have many tabs open in the background at once & comment through them.

Whenever I get back to commenting I do know that I'm more inspired to scrap. So this year I'm making commenting a priority again to keep me out of scrapping ruts!

crazsquaw likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh golly, I love to be LIKED! It makes me think, wow, they saw it, and LIKED it...LIKE me forever, I will know that there is a long essay on how much you loved it in your hearT!

KarenB, crazsquaw and lmccandless like this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Channeling Sally Field there Anne..

crazsquaw and lmccandless like this.
  13. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

totally get it...have the same problem...so not to hurt any feelings I post very little - except I am trying this year to post to the ones I have strong feelings towards and sadly just "like" the ones I would like to say more about but time does not allow...which does not make me happy...oohh such dilemsa LOL

14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Another suggestion that doesn't seem as overwhelming if your doing MOC when you post your layout into the forum challenge thread start there to the layouts posted above you click on the users layout and it should take you right to it so you can love on them. Hit going back and move up and repeat.

15. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

This is how I do it...:)

16. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I have got to try this! I've never really used speech to text on my phone (though I do a bit on my Apple Watch when I'm driving). I still remember the early days of voice recognition when it was REALLY bad, so I never got into the habit of using it. I'm sure it's much better now!

17. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I just tried the voice to text option again in the gallery. It changed "amazing page" into "a lazy bitch". I'm glad I catched it before I pushed comment. However most times it does work really well, even with my accent! Maybe my accent changed since the last time I tried it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    mcurtt and cfile like this.