“The Lying Detective”

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Sokee, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I'm so upset! I always set the dvr to record Sherlock Holmes on Sunday nights PBS. And this past Sunday's episode called “The Lying Detective” didn't get recorded correct!:banghead

So today I get my clean and simple layout all done and loaded up. Head to the treadmill and start my show and think..... this is strange it jump right into the show. So I hit stop and then hit the button to restart from beginning thinking someone else started to watch it already. Nope same thing. I fast forward and even though It is telling me it is Sherlock Holmes it ends up being a concert! I keep looking for it to watch it some other time and the next one to get played is the next episode! :faint2

This happen to anyone else?

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Oh man... that stinks! We usually watch Sherlock from On Demand. We just watched the Six Thatchers over the weekend. It looks like pbs.org has the full episode for streaming.

3. Sokee

Off to check!! thanks Tracie! I checked our On Demand and we don't have PBS!

tkradtke likes this.
  4. Sokee

Ekkk! Thank you so much Tracie I can watch it from my computer! What a relief!

jesskab, bestcee and tkradtke like this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Our PBS station is showing it throughout the week. Did you check your station's schedule to see if they were doing it?

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My OnDemand doesn't have pbs either, and we get 2 of them from 2 big cities. What the heck? Anyway, that's so frustrating, but at least it's on the website. Just make sure you double-check the recording time before next week's since this might be the last one ever. :cry

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    jesskab likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I need to catch up on Sherlock! Thanks for the reminder!

And I watch a lot of PBS straight from their site. That might be because I have no dvr. Or cable. Lol.

8. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

you can watch it right on pbs.org. hope that helps! @Sokee

Sokee likes this.
  9. Sokee

The only problem Sara is it was 'recording' during the time that the guide said it was 'Sherlock Holmes' You think we can trust that..... don't they know we set recording because we are not always home to watch!?

And I know.... how sad to think we might not get anymore episodes, that show is fantastic!!!

10. Sokee

We didn't have cable for awhile. Then when my oldest son (who is a State Police Officer, and still living at home, he now has his own house) was working the night shift, and on his days off would stay up all night. We felt bad so got cable back again.......

actually we lived about 5 years without a tv. And we could totally do it again as my youngest son Kurt, who is a Senior in High doesn't watch any tv.

Maybe this is what we need to do.... get that large air antenna back on the roof! BUT I know what my hubby would say. Golf. Summer is coming and he would like to watch golf.... and baseball.....

bestcee likes this.
  11. Tree City

@Sokee Having young children means I'm home by 5 so they can eat, relax, and go to bed lol. So I'm home to check those recordings if needed (we had 2 DVRs poop out on us in a year's time, so I get nervous and double check a lot of stuff!). But even if you're not home, there are things you could try. Maybe you can record the show that's on prior to Sherlock, just to be safe? And the show after, to be safe on that side? Hopefully your pbs gets it right this week and you don't have to worry. It's annoying when tech doesn't do what it's supposed to--whether it's the fault of the tech or (like in this case) the fault of the station.

12. Sokee

@Tree City Good idea Sara! Doing that right now! ..... But I already have Victoria set to record and that comes on right after Sherlock So maybe I need to set it to record after Victoria too!
    :bk

Tree City likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't think we have Victoria yet! I'm not a Sherlock fan (Elementary is my speed) but I have conniptions when Madame Secretary is messed up in recording because 60 minutes goes on and on. Probably because a football game goes on and on. So I have to delete the original recording and hope On Demand is showing it. Sometimes I seem to look too soon for an episode and other times I get referred to a network Pay On Demand.

I'm laughing at myself for thinking this is a big problem but you knim!!

bestcee likes this.
  14. Tree City

@cookingmylife I set up the news to record just in case Elementary is messed up. (That's actually what made me realize I should mention that to Barbara here.) I mean yeah, is this a world-shattering problem? No, but it still burns my biscuits!

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We watch Sherlock with Google Play. No cable since 2005. Netflix and the internet instead.

bestcee likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We used to tell the DVR to record an extra 40 minutes if it was a show after a football game. I don't know if they have the extended thing anymore, but that was my favorite feature.