littlekiwi likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic
    IntenseMagic
    OH no!! I am so sorry, Jennifer!!
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  3. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    Luckily not my laptop this time as it was in my bedroom with me, it was my mums one on a desk in the living room.
    Nov 15, 2020
    bestcee likes this.
  4. Farwen
    Farwen
    Oh my!! That's one of my biggest fears!! I'm so sorry Jennifer!
    Nov 15, 2020
  5. KarenB
    KarenB
    That's so awful. It must have shaken you up X
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  6. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    @KarenB it sure does especially when they are in your house and your home alone during broad daylight. The only reason I stayed ok I’m sure is that I barricaded myself in my bedroom.
    Nov 15, 2020
    KarenB likes this.
  7. KarenB
    KarenB
    I can't imagine how scared you must have been. It's amazing that they came in broad daylight!!!
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  8. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    Well my senses were on high alert as we had damage (broken window on a two storied building) on a Sunday afternoon/evening back in August so I was already weary after that but this was next level cause they were inside.
    Nov 15, 2020
  9. umyesh
    umyesh
    I'm glad you were safely barricaded in your room. So sorry!
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  10. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    @umyesh let’s say there was no way I was coming face to face with a male I didn’t know in my house (especially with not knowing drugs/weapons/alcohol etc) so I did what I thought was best - ring family so I had back up and ring police. Until family was home I didn’t actually know that anything had been stolen as I wasn’t about to go and explore.
    Nov 15, 2020
    bestcee likes this.
  11. ArmyGrl
    ArmyGrl
    Sorry for the stolen laptop. That is horrible. But glad that you are physically safe.
    Nov 15, 2020
  12. SeattleSheri
    SeattleSheri
    Oh wow Jennifer, that's so scary! Glad you are ok. Big hugs!!! It's shocking how brazen someone would be to come into an occupied residence during the day!
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  13. bestcee
    bestcee
    Oh no! Is that the second laptop you've had stolen? Or am I misremembering?
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  14. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    @bestcee it’s the third one....two were stolen in April 2017 but this time it was only my mums one as my laptop was in my room where I barricaded myself, hers was on a desk in the living room. Had mine been in the dining room where it had been last theft mine would have 100% gone too I’m sure.
    Nov 15, 2020
    bestcee likes this.
  15. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    @SeattleSheri that’s the scariest part about it all....daytime and I was home. Replacing stuff is the easier bit as we have insurance which will hopefully cover it.
    Nov 15, 2020
    SeattleSheri likes this.
  16. bestcee
    bestcee
    My nurse aunt worked nights and slept during the day. She had someone break in while she was sleeping. It was really scary for her. It took time for her to settle down and heal from that experience.
    Nov 15, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  17. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    Our biggest downfall is the house is tucked right in behind another house down a long driveway so you don’t see the house until your 90% the way down the driveway even though we are a two storied place. I’d only just started feeling relaxed about things again as early August, same time and day, we had someone smash a window up two stories while I was home alone.
    Nov 15, 2020
  18. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    Hopefully my mum can get her shift swapped around to an earlier shift on a Sunday so I’m not home alone every Sunday night for my peace of mind but that may be easier said than done.
    Nov 15, 2020
  19. Rachel Jefferies
    Rachel Jefferies
    OH no how awful :( We got burgled once, luckily we were at work but I arrived home on my own to find the mess, very scary and slept with the light on for ages after that. Sending you big hugs
    Nov 15, 2020
  20. bellbird
    bellbird
    oh dear, i get it now - i'm so sorry and it sounds like there has been history of this, no wonder you have been on edge - were they able to get fingerprints or anything positive from this?
    Nov 16, 2020
    littlekiwi likes this.
  21. littlekiwi
    littlekiwi
    @bellbird we had the fingerprint people out today so we’ll see. We did have a weapon cover dropped outside at point of entry for the police which might help in the investigation
    Nov 16, 2020
    bellbird likes this.
  22. bellbird
    bellbird
    i hope it does help
    Nov 17, 2020