Comments on Profile Post by Chippi

1. londoncuppa
    londoncuppa
    Oh no, Chippi. I'm so, so sorry! I know how traumatizing making that decision is. Try to be at peace knowing you did everything you could. Hugs!!
    Jan 11, 2018
    Chippi likes this.
  2. IntenseMagic
    IntenseMagic
    I'm so sorry :(
    Jan 11, 2018
    Chippi likes this.
  3. cfile
    cfile
    oh no.. I am so sorry Chippi.. is it Mr. Hopps? Oh I am so so sorry. Hugs and you are in my thoughts.
    Jan 11, 2018
    Chippi likes this.
  4. Chippi
    Chippi
    @cfile Yes it was sweet Mr Hopps. The lump we thought was just an abscess was so much worse. He had calcification and fractures all over his jaw. The vet said that the abscess would never fully go away and he would be on antibiotics forever, and in an out of the vet with dental issues. He would be in pain his whole life.
    Jan 12, 2018
  5. Chippi
    Chippi
    @londoncuppa It was so hard. But definitely the right thing to do. The vet called as soon as they found out how bad it was, and suggested to euthanize him while he was still under the anaesthetic, rather than let him wake up. That way he would never be in pain again.
    Now we just have to hope that we can support Marshmallow so that he doesn't grieve too much losing his best friend.
    Jan 12, 2018
  6. cfile
    cfile
    oh Chippi I am so very sorry. How are your kids? I am keeping you all in my thoughts. I know it was hard, but it as you said was the right thing. so so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mr. Hopps.
    Jan 12, 2018
    Chippi likes this.
  7. BevG
    BevG
    So sorry to hear this. It is always a hard decision to make when our fur babies get sick. Blessings and peace for your family.
    Jan 12, 2018
    Chippi likes this.
  8. Chippi
    Chippi
    @cfile They are doing really well. Melody gets teary occasionally when she thinks of him. Bellamy is just very confused and doesn't really understand. He held one of his bunny toys last night and told it "our Mr Hopps died" and then started asking us why he died and got a bit upset. This morning he greeted Marshmallow, then asked him where his brother is. Hurts my heart, but it will get better.
    Jan 12, 2018
    cfile likes this.
  9. bestcee
    bestcee
    Aw, man! That's so hard. I'm sorry Chippi.
    Jan 13, 2018