Comments on Profile Post by jesskab

1. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    oooOOOoooo.... tell me more!
    Jun 6, 2016
    jesskab likes this.
  2. jesskab
    jesskab
    @tkradtke Just a WD 2TB My Passport EHD & a $12 Toshiba wireless adapter from Amazon. Now it just stays on my dresser & I don't have to worry about wires & jiggling the EHD.
    Jun 6, 2016
    enjoyyourpix, bestcee and tkradtke like this.
  3. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    Wow!! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for! I have issues with my external coming unplugged all of the time when working on my laptop (not to mention, forgetting that it's attached and dragging it off of tables when I move).
    Jun 6, 2016
  4. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    I'll have to seriously consider this! Can you work off of it or do you just use it for backup/storage? Oh... and can you access your regular wifi while using the drive?
    Jun 6, 2016
    enjoyyourpix and jesskab like this.
  5. jesskab
    jesskab
    @tkradtke You can work off it . Because you're connecting to it by it's own wifi, you're not online at the same time. Hubby says there's a way to work around this--but I'm not sure. I like that I can open up my files in PSE or copy a folder to my HD, then go online while I'm scrapping. Might be hard for a speed scrap if you're working from multiple kits. I just freed up half my computer, so I'm a happy girl.
    Jun 6, 2016
  6. jesskab
    jesskab
    I think my plan is to keep new stuff for a week. After my weekly backblaze backup, I'll move it over to the EHD.
    Jun 6, 2016
  7. bestcee
    bestcee
    Awesome!
    Jun 6, 2016
    jesskab likes this.
  8. Tree City
    Tree City
    #jealous ;) Enjoy your new toys! And only $12 for the adapter? Nice! Can you give us the link if that's all right? I'd love to get one. I too worry about jostling my EHDs. I may have dropped one last week (it slipped out of my grasp just a few inches above the tabletop, but still! I about had a heart attack!).
    Jun 6, 2016
    jesskab likes this.
  9. jesskab
  10. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    Are you still liking your set-up? I just placed my order today... I can't wait!
    Jun 13, 2016
    Tree City and jesskab like this.
  11. jesskab
    jesskab
    @tkradtke Yep, still awesome. Remember to read the reviews on how to install it. The insert doesn't say much.
    Jun 13, 2016
    bestcee, Tree City and tkradtke like this.
  12. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    Jun 18, 2016
  13. jesskab
    jesskab
    @tkradtke PC. It works with both, but Mac setup is trickier apparently.
    Jun 18, 2016
    tkradtke likes this.
  14. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    @jesskab yeah... can't figure the Mac thing out. Reading some more and going to give it another shot. BUT... I am able to connect to the internet through the adapter. I got that part figured out (or it was just dumb luck)
    Jun 18, 2016
    jesskab likes this.
  15. jesskab
  16. tkradtke
    tkradtke
    @jesskab Thanks! It would recognize it at first, but then I decided to actually set up my external drive and something in that process screwed it all up. Trying to figure out how to undo whatever it was I did :-/
    Jun 18, 2016
    jesskab likes this.