Monthly Muse March 2018 - Week #2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Mar 9, 2018.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]

Welcome to the March edition of Monthly Muse. There will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd.

This month will be about music. Music can evoke many emotions, many feelings. Each week we are going to focus on a different emotional state and create pages based on song titles and/or lyrics as they relate to that emotional state, however the music affects us.

Muse: Music and Emotion

[​IMG]

Music can be a very powerful tool for emotional release, balance, expression, understanding, enlightenment and so much more. Music doesn't have to be lyrics to have an impact on you, the melody alone can do that but often times, it is the title or lyrics that will prod your memory, bring up feelings, etc.

I will provide some music playlist titles to inspire you or you may find your musical inspiration, based on that week's emotional state. This is up to interpretation and please create your page in any style and go in any direction the inspiration takes you.

INSPIRATION
    Week 2: Positivity

Music can be a powerful tool for self-care, providing positive re-enforcement. Music can evoke a sense of safety, warmth, security and well-being. Often times, with our busy lives, with everyday stressors, we can get bogged down with responsibilities and duties to others and neglect ourselves, our own inner self-care. Music can soothe our soul and re-enforce positive thoughts.

Do you practice self-care? Do you use music to uplift you, to help you promote a sense of moving forward, being positive, being happy within yourself? The music/lyrics can help to put us into that positive zone, to think about ourselves and promote an inner well-being.

Here's a mood board of inspiration or find your own music/lyrics that resonates with you. I look forward to seeing where this "positivity" inspiration takes you!

[​IMG]

Remember, you may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "Music & Emotion" inspires you this week with "positivity".

Mylinn likes this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC features a country song from the 1970's.
    [​IMG]

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

6. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

With my PTSD and all but complete lack of childhood memories, I tend to get locked into obsession about which of my memories are "pure" and which/how much are distorted. When I opened a new page to start week 2's prompt: positivity....both quotes popped into my head (from the wiki article I read for week 1's page).

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for this!! I am loving it now that I managed to find my toe hold :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I just created a PLAYLIST in spotify with the list of songs in the mood board, just in case you want to listen to. Please be aware that some of these songs were marked as EXPLICIT in my Spotify just FYI: SELF LOVE / SELF CARE PLAYLIST.

8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

The song that inspired me is Hung up by Madonna (#guiltypleasure). Not my regular style at all, but I find it uplifting and it makes me wanna dance (I don't dance).
    [​IMG]

9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I went for sunny for positivity as the sun always makes me feel more positive.
    [​IMG]

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Have always loved this song; and its message is true- you won't find sunshine on the journey unless you bring it with you.
    [​IMG]

Dalis and flowersgal like this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

oops duplicate post: Mod please delete. Thanks

12. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, of course, I had to use I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar by Helen Reddy!!!!

Here's my layout, and yes, that is me!! Up here where I live, you had better be ready for winter with the wood for the stove!!!!

[​IMG]

Dalis and pagefrocks like this.
  13. nof007750

nof007750 Active Member

I was inspired by Pink!s F***ing Perfect. It reminded me how my husband sees me and how I want to see myself
    [​IMG]

Dalis and pagefrocks like this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend