time change | pad patter 3.12.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Mar 12, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Uggh I hate the changeovers, either way. It changes on April 1st in my state here along with Easter, that weekend is going to be a shocker!

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This happened to me. We got to church and someone said, "Wow, I'm impressed you are all here this early today (we usually have to be there an hour before stuff starts)!" I was like, "Why?" They reminded me about the time change. I had literally forgotten about it. My hubby changes the clocks back the night before and we go to bed as though it was that time. And I did have a crazy weekend after being gone to a homeschool convention - I think it all just sort of blurred together.

keepscrappin and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My kids, but esp DS, wake up early so yesterday they were up at their usual time--no "sleeping in" for them. DS was up around 5. And he was CRANKY. Today he didn't wake up until 6:45, which is super late for him. IDK if he was adjusting to the time change or just extremely exhausted from waking up so early Sunday morning (esp since he "lost" an hour of sleep: he needs a lot of sleep!). In other words, IDK what time he'll wake up tmw. But I do know that I would LOVE it if he started sleeping in until 6:45 or 7am every day!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like it because munchkin wakes up at the same time everyday regardless of the clock. So, now it's 730am. In the winter it's 630am.
    But I would totally move to a non changing state! I really hope Florida puts it through, and other states follow suit!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I like the DST .. I love that it starts lighter later. When I worked, it never bothered me that it was darker in the morning when I went to work. It is only for about a month and it gets lighter again. The time change only bothers me trying to figure other areas changes.

keepscrappin and HavaDrPepper like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I heard on the news the other day that Virginia introduced a bill to stay on standard time year round, but tabled it until next year. I live in West Virginia and work in Virginia...I would never know what time it was lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Where I used to work, we had a truck depot in Indiana (I'm in Ohio) and they didn't observe DST for many years. The customers there had to call in to our office to place orders and if they needed something the next day, they had to call before 2:00 p.m. Ohio time since the truck taking stuff to the depot left at that time. The poor secretary that handled those customers would constantly get phone calls after the truck left because they didn't take into account Ohio was on DST. I just looked it up and in 2006, they started observing DST so those problems went away.

I feel your pain if that happens!

keepscrappin and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I definitely love that it's lighter out longer in the evenings. I feel much more likely to accomplish something if I get home later and it's still light out! But I HATE the spring forward and getting up basically an hour earlier. My body knows that it's earlier, no matter what the darn clock says. I wish they'd just leave it alone! I always drag for the first week or so and my kids are certainly feeling it too. They get in bed the hour earlier, but they can't fall asleep and then they definitely don't want to get up in the morning either!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Why did I think you lived in Florida all this time? :giggle I kept wondering about the snow days and days off for cold this winter thinking... really? In Florida? I feel a little thrown now. That is all. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I don't usually have trouble adjusting either way, but last Saturday my son had a competition for his winter percussion / drumline and we didn't get home until 11:00 pm! And my family still haven't adjusted to the new church schedule that started last fall (where the service begins 85 minutes earlier than it used to) and I just couldn't wake up at 5:00 am Sunday morning. (If I don't wake up that early, we aren't able to get out the door by 7:45 am to get to church on time.) We ended up getting there just in time for Sunday School (only because it was starting 15 minutes later than usual to accommodate the monthly pancake breakfast.)

It hasn't gotten better yet. I woke up with the alarm yesterday and overslept 20 minutes this morning -- my husband will snooze my alarm if I don't wake up and turn it off -- after waking up 20 minutes before my alarm nearly every day last week!

The only part that I really have trouble with, is that I like analog clocks, and we have four in the house that need to be taken down and adjusted. I also have to set all of the alarm clocks; for some reason, neither my kids nor my husband can set them. I suppose my husband sets the rest, since I don't pay attention to them. (Although now I'm wondering if the thermostat has adjusted. It's programmable and displays the weather forecast, so I kind of assume it's also self-adjusting, but I should confirm that.) My two year old car sets itself, so I don't have to do that one anymore!

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Perhaps you are able to read my heart and soul :giggle They are always somewhere warmer!!!

Karen likes this.
  12. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

our clocks move forward this weekend.
    :(

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I dislike the time change because it messes me up, sleep wise. I would like us to just pick a time and stick with it.

Angela Toucan and keepscrappin like this.