Even if you're 100% sure you are NOt art journal.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Feb 15, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

...you should come do the scaredy cats class ANYWAY.
    Honestly? @Tangie is such an amazing teacher, the class goes so SO beyond thee art journal thing... I am, not even half of the video where she answers our questions (and she has done almost one by one!!!!!!!!!!!! videos for ALL of us, and we are a big crowd!!!!) so, not even half of the video for @elseepe and myself .... she has given me the practical way, even more practical than the neurologist nurse gave me- for making time to do things without stopping what you are doing, to get organized in a way that my completely wrecked memory that needs post its and reminders and alarms and what have you... (I forget if I took my pills or not 10 or 15 minutes after I took them (or not!! :giggle - sometimes I forget to mark the board.... :giggle:giggle:giggle)

Honestly.... I am not having the easiest of time as I am dealing with inheritance tax, emptying my parents home, paper work and solicitors plus family calls, messages, emails, a stubborn Facebook insistence that they want to talk to us, (and I spend most of the day with no teeth so I do NOT want to come on camera :hairpol.....all from almost 7000 miles away.
    Not only the whole community here makes it a LOT, a LOT easier for me to keep up with life in general, but this class?
    Tangie's Scaredy Cats class?
    Every scrapper should do this class with Tangie.
    I'm almost finished with the first page, I am a bit behind, but I am loving the classroom system she has, is so interactive in such an amazing way, it makes it easier for me to get to know some of you whom I knew very little, and laugh and get emotional with the ones of you who have been sisters for almost 10 years.....
    So, come, DO THIS CLASS.
    You wont regret, even if you are not even remotely interested in scrapping art journal.... there are some awesome life lessons from first video class.......p;lus what you will learn meeting some of us who are completely nuts, so you know what you don;t want to become like.....
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

@Tangie Baxter I can't believe I didn't do anything with you after the Caravan.
    I loved you then, I love you even more now.,
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you all: apologies if there are typos still.

2. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I've been devouring the stuffing out of Tangie's Carys doll... and have bought quite a few art doll packages lately and have been making all sorts of dolls.

Don't think I'm quite ready for the big stuff yet. I'll stick with my training wheels. But it sounds like fun!!!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

So happy you are enjoying the class, Cynthia! It has already been an amazing journey and I've loved answering each of your questions individually on video instead of typing it back to you--its been quite the experience!
    :bk

cinna, jenn mccabe and Angela Toucan like this.
  4. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

We've been so sick over here, I haven't even been able to get started!! :( Hopefully I'll have time to check in soon

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It is a wonderful class Tangie!!

6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I am in the class as well, and I have grown in leaps and bounds already in both my understading of Art Journaling and in how to open up my creativity that I have bottled up inside of me somewhere.

I highly recommend it myself. If I had more discretionary funds, I would do her Photoshop classes too!

Tangie Baxter likes this.
  7. Tangie Baxter

Oh no I hope you get better soon! :heartslub

MrsGaramer likes this.
  8. Tangie Baxter

Thank you so much! Glad you are enjoying it! :wub

cfile likes this.
  9. Tangie Baxter

Yay so happy to hear that your creativity is opening up, this is everything! :love

Pachimac likes this.
  10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yes!! The 10 elements exercise was a HUGE breakthrough for me. Now of course I'm stumped on today's...but I'll get there. LOL

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yes, the class has been amazing, @Tangie Baxter! I have been super busy this week and haven't had much time to check in, but I am all over it again this weekend!!!

12. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love it ,and it is definitely making me think more about what can work as a journaling page and what fun brushes are,before I used to just paint or stamp with them,now I clip,add glitter,who knows what comes next ?

Tangie Baxter and bestcee like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Trust me, this is training wheels!
    Ok, it's more like Tangie takes away the tricycle, and gives you training wheels but I think by the end, I may be asking her to hold the bicycle seat and don't let go!
    [​IMG]
    I am the most non art journaler I know. And I'm loving this class! Not even just for the art journaling aspect, but it's also sparking ideas outside of art journaling. It's sparking scrap therapy for happy things and sad things. It's sparking the idea of play again. Like a brand new box of crayons and blank paper. That excitement of knowing you can create anything and everything your heart desires with a new box of crayons. It's that feeling all over again. It's a safe space where anything is possible - and imagination is the limit!

Go download the template for the February Challenges, and use the coupon to buy the class and join in the fun.

14. Tangie Baxter

THIS is a brilliant idea! #smartie

And wow, thank you for everything you just said about the class, my heart is so happy reading things like this, not because of anything I did, but that the world of creativity and tapping into that gift is something I wish for everyone, LOVE hearing that it is something you are finding more of in your life!

Serena likes this.
  15. Serena

Okay, downloaded the template! I will try!

16. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I second everything that the others said about the class. I am not a scaredy cat, but still it gives so many ideas and inspiration (plus all the other perks). I am thoroughly enjoying it. In fact I went and got the PS for Mixed Media class as well - a no brainer really with the most generous coupon.
    Thanks, @Tangie Baxter

17. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OH NO!!! Tangie' class!!! I forgot all about it!! These past two weeks have been off the charts for me, which is why I haven't been around. The last class I attended was where we had to put the paper up to our face and draw our monster. SO glad I saw your post, my friend!! Guess I better go catch up!

18. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I ditto on what's already been said about this class! You even made me go PS instead of PSE @Tangie Baxter on my latest layout here in the TLP gallery! Lots and lots of inspiration and motivation!!! :bk

19. Serena

okay guys, I have a question. After seeing all the AMAZING layouts (and finally seeing three from @Pachimac 's amazing gallery) I finally bit the bullet and got the class... (which I'm scared of. lol.) .. but I have the receipt, but nothing to download... I'm kinda lost and don't know what to do now, any advice? Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong?

20. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

YAY!!! ok, so you get a pdf to download, this will tell you how to log in and get to the class! thats about it. The classroom structure itself is easy to use!
    hope this helps!

Serena likes this.