First Time Finisher?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by Lena Gardner, Jan 31, 2018.

1. sbee

sbee Active Member

First-time participant and, drum roll...finisher! I responded to the newsletter thinking this would jump start me back into scrapping and boy did it. I've had a blast with the challenges and learned quite a bit. Some of my favorite layouts are from the challenges I struggled with the most.

2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm not new to scrap nor the Lilypad, but this was my first time doing MOC and it's so incredible I was able to finish it! I'm very happy with the things I learned with the technique challenges, and having all those LOs ready to print is amazing!! Now I feel I'm back in the scrapping mood 100%!!

3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

First time finisher who just got my last layout up! I am SO THRILLED to have completed this and cannot wait to do it again.

4. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

This was my first time participating in MOC and I am so excited to have completed it!!!!! The last week or so was fairly painful (because one of the things I learned this month is that I don't do well with having to be on the computer every day) but I wanted to see if I could do it, so I kept on going, and I did it! I finished! 31 layouts! Plus I even made three non-TLP layouts as well at the beginning of the month. This means that in a single month I have more than doubled the TOTAL number of non-pocket layouts I have ever made in my LIFE! And I love or like almost all of them, and I have many pages documenting 2016 now where before I had zero.

I am so grateful for this wonderful experience. I wrote an epic post in another thread here about all that I've learned, so for now I'll just say that I really hope my speediness and ability to make decisions promptly carries forward into my future scrapping.
    Yes, this! I have been too precious with my scrapping, waiting until the "right time," until I feel "inspired," or until I have enough time to make a perfect page, which takes me DAYS.

I have had SO MUCH FUN here this month. I feel a little sad that MOC is over because in general I rarely use so many TLP products when I scrap (I use a lot of my own designs, for one, and I also tend to lean towards a different style) so I won't be able to stay and keep enjoying this community in the same way. The active gallery here has been such a revelation, I love having so much conversation back and forth about my layouts and other people's. I think I will still try to check out monthly challenges here, and I certainly made good use of the SOSNs and the big sale earlier in the month so I do have some fresh Lilypad material to work with going forward.

EDITED TO ADD: I just remembered! Among my other vast expenditures in the Lilypad store this month, I completely forgot that I also re-subscribed to M3. So I will have M3 product and M3 challenges to look forward to!

5. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I've only done one DD and that was several years ago... I've never attempted a P52 or P365! However, this was my first MOC, and I did finish and I loved every minute of it!

Lena Gardner and bestcee like this.
  6. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

Me! Me! I made it!! It's quite a satisfaction!! And I was so behind with my pages I seriously thought I'd never make it!
    Congrats everyone!!!

Lena Gardner and bestcee like this.
  7. Genniejoy

Genniejoy Well-Known Member

I joined TLP to do this when someone recommend it on the Artisan FB group. I'm so glad I did. Despite spending way too much money (SOOO glad it was my birthday month and I could justify that!) I learnt a lot, esp about labelling my kits when I import them with the designer, I've never done that before. That was my biggest challenge, because I've not done anything like this before and I only scrapbook for me, I've never worried about the credit side of things. All this month whenever I bought and uploaded a kit to my program I labelled it with the 'shop' first EG LP.... so that I know where I can find it again if I need to. It worked really well for me.

I have tried to scrapbook a page a day before, and gotten a couple of months in before giving up, it's totally doable and probably the only way I'll ever catch up, so it was awesome to get back into doing that. Having said that, it's now the 3rd Feb here and I haven't done a page since 31st Jan. So that is my new goal for 2018, to scrap a page a day. I'll going to keep track and if I get behind set myself the goal to catch up on the weekend. Due to my work timetable this year and now having adult/almost adult kids, it's do-able. :)

I have loved it and am so happy that I did it. :)

Lena Gardner, bestcee and bonnenuit like this.
  8. JenniferHignite

JenniferHignite Well-Known Member

:goldstarscongrats to everyone that finished!
    First time finisher here :byay I have tried a few other times but could never see it through more than a week or so! Gives me hope for the rest of the year that I can tackle more scrappy goals! I will take away the fact that no matter the challenge, I felt like I could still stay true to me and my style.

Lena Gardner, Serena and bestcee like this.
  9. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

My first time trying and I managed to finish. I am impressed with myself. Now to bed.

10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm a first time finisher! I've participated a few times in the past, but I just did a few challenges that appealed to me and never seriously tried to finish all of them. I'm still a little in shock that I managed it.

I'm usually a very slow scrapper, and I always use a template. When I got down to my last 8 or so layouts and only had a couple of days to finish them, I scrapped everything simply, without a template, and a probably finished each of my layouts in under 30 minutes. Now I'm thinking that relying on templates with all their layers is slowing me down, even when I delete some of the layers. I need to play around a little with scrapping from scratch and see if it's faster. I'm sure I'll still use templates sometimes, especially when I'm scrapping a lot of photos, but if I can manage to get my average time per layout down from 3-4 hours to 1, I'll be ecstatic!

11. Alexandra M Meffert

Alexandra M Meffert Well-Known Member

I am a first time participator and finisher, really I did this challenge to force me to take time to scrap. It is something I have always loved and it has just gotten pushed to the wayside as my kids have gotten older and more involved in things.

12. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

I'm a first time finisher and a first time participant! This is my first MOC, and my first Lilypad challenge! I learned so many fun tricks time time. It is fun to look back through my pages and see where I found new favorites that show up in a few pages. It felt so great to have a totally complete project! I sent my book to print last night. This was the major reason I fell away from scrapping and got into card making- I liked that I could "wrap" my card projects. Wrapping a 'challenge' fills that urge, too!

13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Me. first time and done.
    [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.