January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. tmutschler

tmutschler Member

I can't believe this is the last day and that I actually made it! This was my first challenge ever and I there was a few times when I was going to give up and my husband kept pushing me along. I am so happy I did and I have learned so much. Thank you!

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  2. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

[​IMG]

What a difference a few years makes. Well, 35 to be exact. I was 2 when the first photo was taken. Back then I had real curls and super chubby cheeks. Now, I still have prominent cheeks but I have to curl my hair with heat. I'd like to think that my style has evolved a bit as well. Gone are the frilly dresses and pretty bows. Today I prefer jeans and t-shirts with snappy sayings. You know, I almost miss being small. Having to only worry about when I am going to eat and how to get out of nap time. I suppose the only thing that has changed is that I don't try to get out of naps anymore. Those I try to take as often as I can. Naps are glorious things. Now I have 3 children of my own. One who looks exactly like me, right down to the blue eyes and curls. I cannot wait to see what she looks like when she is 37…

lmccandless likes this.
  3. vanessasmed

vanessasmed Well-Known Member

4. rlucasmn

rlucasmn Headed to Craigh na Dun... and beyond

Another first time MOCer here and I'm so excited that I made it through. This has been a great experience. I've learned new things, awakened my desire to be scrapping, and polished some very old, rusty skills. Thank you, and all the Polly's for such a fun month!

Here's my final day page. Journaling is in the Gallery post:
    [​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  5. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

6. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

I did my mom - and this will be a layout I always treasure, thank you!

My journaling:

I love this picture of you THEN. What a cute little doll you were! Surprising, as you've regaled me with tales of your tomboy ways, preferring to spend rough and tumble times with your brothers than in dresses and having tea parties. This adorable little face makes me smile every time I see this picture.

I love just as much, if not even more, this photo of you NOW. Snuggling your newest great-grandbaby, with such a look of love and joy on your face. There are more than a few years between these photos, with a lot of living and loving, happiness and heartbreak, fear and hope that you've come through. We've had a few scares in more recent years, and I am constantly grateful to have you here with us. There are many more memories to make in your life, more great-grandbabies to come for you to revel in, more photos I want to capture, with your glowing smile.
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/1950-2017-linda-marie.337297/

lmccandless likes this.
  7. AmandaDawnRN

AmandaDawnRN Active Member

Loved this challenge!
    [​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  8. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

This was a great end to a great month :-D

[​IMG]

As per instructions: 2 photos, minimum of one year apart; at least 150 words of journaling that includes the words then and now; clear dates on the pictures.

Journaling at the gallery.

lmccandless and SheriScraps like this.
  9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the great finale challenge. I have been meaning to scrap these two pictures together forever and this was the perfect challenge for them. Thanks for all you do!
    [​IMG]

lmccandless and christineirion like this.
  10. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

11. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

lmccandless likes this.
  12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

This is not supposed to be an "Oh woe is me" layout, or depressing. I know it's not about some big, whirlwind love affair, but this is MY story. With scrapping, I feel we here (I trust this group!) can share in our great brag-able moments, as well as those moments that did not go as planned but worked out, and maybe even moments that didn't. This is one of those stories that did! Everything is great, and it shows perseverance, dedication, working together and true family. I hope you enjoy. I had a blast at MOC 6! See you next year!

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  13. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

14. Thuria

Thuria Well-Known Member

15. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I did it!!

[​IMG]

My DD and I usually only get our photos taken together when we are travelling. These were exactly one year apart. Things you need to know: her father is 6'5". Actually, that's all you need to know, really!

I used my:

Watch the Stars Frames
    Marina del Rey Kit

lmccandless and nhudao like this.
  16. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Wow everything went smooth until today when I posted an incorrect copy of my LO and went back to post the correct one! I hadn't deleted it out of my folder on my computer and loaded the wrong one. I think I have it straightened out other than both posted in the gallery. Let me know if I need to fix that. Thanks again for all the MOC challenges everyone! And again hate to see it end!
    [​IMG]

lmccandless and LynnG like this.
  17. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

I am sad that MOC is over and I can't believe I made it all the way to the end!
    TLP is a great group and I will be sticking around and doing the monthly challenges, so you aren't getting rid of me :)

[​IMG]

18. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

19. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Day 31 Jan 31 MOC 6 Then and Now (The Last Day)
    Template by L Grieveson Simply This 2
    Used Dinskip kit Lights Camera Action
    [​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  20. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

And with this I am done burgers... off to celebrate with a milk shake with my big girl before heading to work!

[​IMG]