January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Then & Now layouts are one of my FAVORITES! :love

journaling is pasted into the credits in the gallery, dates are in the lower left corner and under the "NOW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    lmccandless likes this.
  2. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

Word Count: 159
    [​IMG]

lmccandless and threadjungle like this.
  3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

172 words
    journaling:

Your First Day then and Your First Day now . Look at how much you've grown! From your first day of Kindergarten to your first day of 4th grade. Your first first day in Elementary and your last first day in Elementary. It's amazing to me to think that next year you'll be moving up to Intermediate. You've had a wonderful time at Woodland Springs Elementary School. I know 4th grade is going to have some great times as well. You have continued to be my smart and silly and happy girl. I hope as you move on through the next stages of your life you continue to build your character in the way that God would want. And always enjoy life as you do now! Keep your friends that you've made through these years, but always be open to making new ones! Study hard and don't let anyone discourage you from any of your dreams. Work hard at your sports and school work and you will go far! I love you, Mom
    [​IMG]

4. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I realized I didn't do any layouts of our puppy! So here she is...then and now!

[​IMG]

5. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

THanks for a great month! We'll miss it!
    I celebrated my friend's weight loss from then till now.

[​IMG]

6. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I was so excited about finishing MOC, I almost forgot to post my last page here!

[​IMG]

7. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Thanks for this challenge and for MOC 6

[​IMG]

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Awww, is it really time? Guess so. Here is my last page. Thanks to everyone who worked as a team to make MOC6 happen!
    [​IMG]

9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I thought it was going to be a double-pager or a pocket too, Celeste. I'm pleasantly surprised I was wrong. :agree

10. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

Yay- I am DONE with MOC!!! Thanks for another great year, @lmccandless [​IMG]

11. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I have my dates within my journaling text (and well over 150 words). Is this okay or does it need to be elsewhere too?

12. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Thanks for 31 amazing challenges! It's my third MOC and I think this year was the best! :yourock

[​IMG]

To write the Journaling in english was the biggest challenge for me :blush (sorry for mistakes within)
    Journaling:
    It's only just a moment between then and now. I think so when I look at these two photos of my daughter Alicia. On the left picture she just turned 3 years old. How proud she was when she went to the kindergarten the first time. Her friend was there a few weeks earlier and Alicia could not wait to go to the kindergarten too. Now she was finally a big girl!

If I look back now, the years passed far too fast when she was so little. The years came and went and the kindergarten girl became a schoolgirl. Three weeks ago she turned 19 years old . 17 months of their vocational training are already over and I can’t imagine she stands in the operating room next to the surgeon and helps to make people healthy. The little girl became a young woman pursue her plans and dreams. I'm so proud of her

13. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

and with this I have completed each challenge! Thank you for such a wonderful month & reminding me what TLP was all about. I shall be sticking around again & look forward to joining in the challenges.

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Woohoo! Last page - FINISHED! Thanks for all the fun. Here's my page (200 words journaling).

THEN: You were a bright 5-year-old, in Kindergarten, ready to take on the world. At the time we knew you had a disability, but we weren't sure exactly what it was. I wasn't until a few weeks into the year that your (very observant) teacher took us aside and made us aware of the condition called Asperger's Syndrome. We were so thankful for it brought us down the road to diagnosis and intervention.

NOW: We didn't know what all the years ahead would bring, but the fact that today is the day you graduate from High School, an Eagle Scout with a driver’s license, is what we had hoped for. The road was not easy, days filled with meetings, appointments, frustration, happiness, and the endless fight with the schools to ensure you would get the education you deserved to allow you to become all you could be, even enrolling you in private school when the local schools fell short. And here you are. We are so proud of you and all you have done to get to this point, and we will be there for you as you as you travel down the road ahead of you. We love you!

[​IMG]

15. suzyqscraps

suzyqscraps How now brown cow

[​IMG]

215 words of journaling: It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Caden was born. Where does the time go? In the beginning, the days were so long. But now that I’m looking back, the years are so short. So incredibly short. And getting shorter. Caden has grown so much in the last decade. Back then, on his first days of life, he was just about 7 pounds. Now, at age 10, he’s just a few inches short of me. Back then, all he could do was sleep & eat & cry. Mostly eat & cry. :) Now I am amazed at his talents & knowledge & skills, the way he thinks, how he’s learning. Back then, we didn’t know he had autism. Now, he’s made such strides in overcoming his challenges. I am so very proud of him. Ten years ago, this little boy drastically changed my life. For the better. I feel so privileged to be his mother. So very grateful that he is my son and that he joined our family when he did. And yes, so grateful for all the years in between, the laughs & the tears & the triumphs & the worries & the entire spectrum of emotions & experiences. I wouldn’t trade him for those years for anyone or anything else.

16. CarolinaScrapper

CarolinaScrapper Well-Known Member

17. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

18. jetjez

jetjez Swim the deepest ocean

[​IMG]

This was it. Three years ago, you started secondary school. This meant that instead of cycling with your younger sister to school and back, you were going to go all alone. It wasn’t far, only ten minutes instead of five, but it was daunting none the less. The first day I went with you as you didn’t know anybody in your new class. I watched you walk into the school and that was it. You were a firstgrader.

Fast forward three years, and instead of cycling alone as you had to do then, you were going to cycle with your sister again. You are a thirdgrader, she is now the firstgrader in the family. And unlike you, she had company, a big sister to watch out for her, show her where the classrooms are.

Three months later again and you don’t cycle together to school. You have homework class and are always late, she cycles too slow and you cycle too fast. But that first day for you both, a world of difference.

19. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Great challenge! Thanks for everything during this month, it has been a blast.
    [​IMG]

20. wendyjc

wendyjc Hoping to have Kate by the ocean

doing a happy dance. NO POCKET PAGE this year! Those are always the hardest layouts for me! Thanks for helping out the pocket challenged!! lol