How do you keep track of your "go to" elements and fonts?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by stamdl99, Jan 25, 2018.

1. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I have quite a few KG and Janda fonts, I'll have to check out DK. And I like what you said about keeping things quick - yesterday when I did the Recipe Challenge was the first time I pulled from different kits and my simple page took quite a while. I need some limits.

2. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

Thank you for the links! I think ACDSee is similar to PSE Organizer, I've build a framework I'd say so far with tags. My 1st purchases are completely tagged... but currently I'm just consistently tagging the previews and any elements that catch my attention right away as I bring in the kit. It's definitely a work in progress but I can see the payoff. My ADHD forces me to have some structure or I just get nowhere and take plenty of time with me along the way.

gonewiththewind and bestcee like this.
  3. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I've been relying heavily on M3 and Storytellers for the exact same reason!

4. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I love your use of the word mercenary because purging anything can be a struggle for me. Then one day I'm in the right frame of mind and BAM!! out they go. LOL What a great idea to use AAA. I've done the opposite with ZZ when I download some of the sample pages that are shown with kits to help me remember why I bought it. Thanks!

5. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

This makes so much sense to me - thanks for the great advice!

bestcee likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't know if it's easier or not? But you can also use _ . I do that for all my kit previews: _kaagardkitname so they show up first.

stamdl99 likes this.
  7. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

Isn't it great when we can use tools that we are already familiar with? It took me awhile to get the hang of Organizer since it's kind of a blank slate, but now I love that aspect because I can mold it to my needs as I go. I've never thought of keeping the zip files. I am paranoid though over data loss (learned the hard way of course) and have 2 backup systems just in case now.

8. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i need to do something about my fonts. if i get back to scrapping regularly this year. as for the elements, i have a folder called basics that i put things in by category. i also regularly use the search bar in windows explorer.

bestcee likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have said I'd do this too but if I had, I wouldn't have any Alphas for today's challenge. For 99+% I never use alphas or button or most flowers. But do I pitch the? no, just for challenges. I certainly don't want to have to buy what I don't need or like.

btw, once in a while I tag things I really like as favorite or give it 5 stars. I organize in Lightroom and never break up a kit as some elements in kits do not always have the kit name. I found that out looking for alphas today.

bestcee likes this.