January 9: Advice To Your Future Self (Journaling challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Dalis, Jan 6, 2018.

1. elaine

elaine Active Member

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

3. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

4. sandsock

sandsock If you need me I'll be on my island

I got the complete sentences, but tend to add lots to each sentence, making them terrrible run-ons, is that okay, or are the grammar police out in force?

5. threadjungle

threadjungle Well-Known Member

Journalling- my stomach dropped Journalling about myself - my eyes rolled back in my head. I think it is fascinating how we each react so differently to each of these challenges and then pick ourselves up and do it anyway.
    [​IMG]

Dalis and Mylinn like this.
  6. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

[​IMG]
    *personal journaling approved by julie*

Dalis, threadjungle and tammybean004 like this.
  7. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

It's always good to reflect... I don't usually journal publicly about myself, but in the spirit of being transparent...

[​IMG]

This can be tough, but also very cathartic.

Dalis likes this.
  8. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

[​IMG]

Hello! what a great time you’ve had so far! You’ve lived through a lot of stages in life, childhood, teenager, young adult/married, motherhood with small children, motherhood with teenagers and motherhood with adult children. Right now you still have teens at home, but in 10 years, you wont. Your children will all be adults...you will have grandchildren. Remember to always cherish each stage of life! Each is unique and challenging. I suspect that empty nesting will be just as challenging and rewarding as all the other stages of life! EMBRACE IT!

Always create. It is what you love to do. Don’t ever stop. It is what drives you and makes you thrive. Creating keeps you learning and growing, creating keeps you happy. You don’t have to invent the wheel, seek ideas and then make them happen. It brings you joy now and will continue to bring you great joy! CREATE!

It's all about testimony. You have to develop it and grow it, don’t become stagnant, always work on gospel principles and learn as much as you can and stick to the basics, read, pray, ponder, study, serve, strive to always be good.

Dalis, Mylinn and threadjungle like this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

so I thought this was going to be tough. I thought I wasn't in a reflective mood - so I was going to write about how crazy busy I am now and what a difference 7 years will make but I realized as I typed this was going another direction :)

[​IMG]

For some reason I'm not able to copy paste from Artisan onto the site any longer. I have absolutely no idea why - so I can't copy/paste my journaling. If that's required, please let me know.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dalis, Mylinn, wvsandy and 1 other person like this.
  10. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

No grammar police. We are just trying to challenge people to actually write their thoughts down, instead of using a list of random words. You should be okay.

12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

This is okay. I can tell there's journaling, in sentence format, and it's definitely over 150 words! :)

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  13. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Doesn't it just figure, the one I expected to be easiest was anything but. The letter itself wasn't hard, but showcasing it ... much different story.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  14. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Ok - so this came at an amazingly apropos time for me. I just got dumped by a long time friend and I was sinking into tears and worry and I started writing this and it feels so much better now.

I loved this challenge - thank you!! I made an art journal type page that I am super proud of!

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    Dear Future Self,

If there is anything that I can say to you that hopefully will get through to your heart, it’s this: Never forget the little girl inside of you. I have enclosed a picture of you when you were 6 years old. See that innocent face? See the promise of the world in those eyes? Look deeply into them. Spend some time re-acquainting yourself with her.
    Life is going to try to squash you. It’s going to be painful, and things are going to happen that make you feel as if your very breath will stop inside of you. Do NOT give up, and do NOT give in to the pain.
    Know without a shadow of a doubt that God is with you, and He will redeem and soothe all of the pain you feel inside.
    When the biggest hurt you’ve ever experienced happens, do not fear. In that moment you will feel as if your very life blood is leaving your body and you don’t know if you will ever recover. Feel the feelings, but let this picture remind yourself that you know the outcome: redemption, restoration, and transformation. They are your gifts from the storm, and things will be better than they ever were because of the storm.
    More than anything else, I want to tell you to never give up on being a loving and positive person. There will be those who do not understand your journey. That’s okay. You don’t need anyone’s approval, and they don’t need to understand your journey - they need to respect it.
    If someone does not respect you, let them go. You cannot make someone love you, and you cannot make someone respect you.
    Finally, my sweet self, don’t ever regret the choices you’ve made, or wish you could change the past. Every single thing that happened, good or bad, brought you to the blessings and the place you are in your life. You can’t change the past, so don’t waste one second of time worrying about it.
    Life is in the now - in the blessings you have now. Appreciate them all, and for God’s sake, stop putting yourself down.
    You are enough, I promise!
    Love, Me.

Credits: Etc. by Danyale "Everyday Brave"

bestcee, Dalis, Mylinn and 3 others like this.
  15. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

Yay! A challenge I can work on while away from home (and my scrapbooking computer) till next week.

Dalis likes this.
  16. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

17. Pachimac

I couldn't post on your gallery image - the comment box was gone! Will you send this list to my future self? LOL

Dalis and chigirl like this.
  18. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

Dalis, Mylinn and tammybean004 like this.
  19. Pachimac

I have commented all the way up to here. This challenge is really soothing my soul today!!! Thank you all!

Dalis likes this.
  20. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

This one was hard because I don't usually journal.
    I have 194 words and the journaling is posted with my layout in the gallery.

[​IMG]

Dalis, Mylinn and threadjungle like this.