QR Codes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by KairynLisa, Dec 30, 2017.

1. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

So I was bored tonight waiting for MOC to start (how many hours are we down to now?) and I was looking around the forums and found this technique gem:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/june-20-technique-qr-code.48857/

I just this month completed photos from 2006... but haven't yet printed any of them. I went back and uploaded videos and stuck QR codes in each LO! I'm so excited! When the book actually goes to print it will be super cool to interact with! (And in case you're thinking "wow! super-woman!" lol No... there were only 9 videos.) ;)

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's awesome!! I've been using them on my PL pages for the last few months and I love it!! Some of my videos are only a few seconds long, like maybe my grandson giggling or dancing, or my son saying something silly, but those are the little things that I really want to remember.

shastahun likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah! My son adores the QR codes! He's 7, and will grab my phone so he can scan the code and watch himself.

4. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Perhaps I should start this in 2018.
    I like the idea but I hardly ever make videos.

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

See, and I have a million 30 second videos. QR codes and scrapbooks are perfect for that!

You should totally make videos to complement! They don't have to be long.

6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I loved the challenge over the summer to add a QR code to the layout! I so need to remember to take more videos, they grow and change so dang fast!

bestcee likes this.
  7. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I love using QR codes on my pages but I don't really do many videos (don't think I can do too many pages with videos of my husband bowling :funfun).

bestcee likes this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm thinking about using the 1 second everyday app to do a video for each month which I will add to my PL pages. I'm trying to get better about taking non-kid related videos too... I've added concert videos, snippets from professional sporting events, a video of my husband's hotel room in India he took because he thought it was cool, just anything that needs audio or takes more than a photo to document, if that makes sense.

bestcee and scrapsandsass like this.
  9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

For those of you adding QR codes to your layouts, Scrapping with Liz has a template set to make adding them more fun:
    [​IMG]

Sokee, scrapsandsass and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My SIL just took this photo last week of my kids and I looking at my scrapbooks & viewing the QR codes. They love them.

IMG_6055.JPG

Chippi, Karen and HeatherB like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I use that app and I love that it has made me take little videos everyday so that I'm sure I'll have something to include weekly and then at the end of the month I can include the whole thing. I don't take my videos through the app, I just take them on the phone and then add them to the app later...that just works best for me because I might take several videos in a day.

12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I love adding QR Codes to my layouts. I always try to find something to take a video of when we're out and I know I'm going to scrap the event. My son-in-law will always get his phone out to scan the code and he and my daughter will send me videos along with their pictures that I scrap for them.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love adding QR codes to my pages too! I sure hope YouTube never goes away or I"m in trouble! lol!

I chuckled that you're waiting for MOC to start. Me too! :)

14. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Those are sooooo perfect!

15. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh I love QR codes. I haven't printed many of my pages (like at all, it is actually shameful, lol!!) so I plan on going back and adding videos to all of my pages that have videos attached to the photos.

I even made this entire album for my Hubby for our anniversary with QR codes to some of our favourite songs.

[​IMG]

I LOVE QR CODES!

IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  16. bestcee

That's awesome @Chippi ! I love it! How sweet.

17. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I wanted to share my 1 second everyday video for 2017 & didn't know of a good spot to post since I didn't want to start a new thread, so!!

Here's the link to my video from 2017!

I still need to make my scrapbook page like I did for my 2016 video using the QR code. I'm posting that here too :D
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic and Chippi like this.