One Little Word for 2018?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 27, 2017.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

P.S. I've come up with OLW for scrapbook pages, but that's about as far as it ever gets :giggle

[​IMG]

cinna, norton94 and patsyt like this.
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I have failed at OLW for the past 4 years I've tried it. Most of the time I never even remember what the word was. But I love the concept of OLW, so I pick one every year. Maybe this year will be the year I stick with it?

@Tangie Baxter, your post is inspiring. Bravo for having the strength to keep on. I think Believe is perfect, and I'm excited you've chosen to share your journey with us here.

cinna, norton94 and lmccandless like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You belong! I'm sorry you have been through that experience. I hope that as you embrace Believe you are able to believe in yourself, in your art, and in your soul.

Nope is a great word! I've been using it with my extended family to take back my time too. Enjoy it!

This was me the first 2 years I joined the bandwagon of picking a word! It was only writing it down last year and keeping it in sight that let me remember and embrace it.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  4. mrs2a50

So, does your OLW start with an "L"?? :giggle

cinna and bestcee like this.
  5. jenevang

[​IMG]

6. mrs2a50

@jenevang - hey, just asking. I think that will probably be mine this year!

7. jenevang

:giggle

8. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I'm thinking "restoration" as in prayerfully seeking action towards the restoration of family relationships. I have grown children, and one in particular I see very seldom. :( This is the third year in a row that he did not come for Christmas. However, I did make it a point to go out with him earlier in the month, and I feel like I need to work on repairing that relationship.

At the same time I'm thinking "stuff" as in - don't sweat the small stuff, don't let stuff get in the way, etc. I was listening to this song today and it just reminded me that too often we let "stuff" steal our joy!

norton94 and bestcee like this.
  9. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

Thank you so much Laura, I'm so happy to belong to a world of yeses here at The Lilypad. And a heartfelt thank you for taking the time to help me when I needed it. xoxo

Awww thank you, I'm so happy to be here and thanks for that big Texas hug, I'm a huge hugger so right back at ya!

Yes, yes and yes God is all those things and more, thank you for adding that. So happy to be here and to have the chance to work with you again Jen! YAY!

All the loves for the community at TLP!
    :cloud9

norton94 and londoncuppa like this.
  10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

My OLW for 2018 is BRAVE (although for awhile it was competing with ENOUGH). The past year has been filled with rotten health issues (that are still ongoing), and other frustrations/disappointments/setbacks. I've also come to the point where have reached the tipping point, and realize that I don't want to compromise my values. I feel that I need I have to be brave on many fronts, and stand my ground to fight for what I believe in. Hopefully the word will stick in my mind and resonate throughout the year when up against the reality of day-to-day stuff. LOL. :)

norton94 and Tangie Baxter like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love all of these words. It's so inspiring! I've never done OLW before . . .

@Tangie Baxter I'm glad you spoke and gained power over that which held you in silence and fear. I was delighted to meet you years ago, and continue to be delighted that we are yet again working together at the same site. You are so sweet and talented and YOU GO with your OLW!

I suppose I would pick REJOICE as my OLW. After years of struggling with debilitating back pain, I'm in such a good place right now. Even though I still have pain, I control it instead of it controlling me.

And BTW, REJOICE is: be joyful, be happy, be pleased, be glad, be delighted, be elated, be ecstatic, be euphoric, be overjoyed, be as pleased as punch, be jubilant, be in raptures, be beside oneself with joy, be delirious, be thrilled, be on cloud nine, be in seventh heaven . . . LOVE ALL THIS!

norton94, Tangie Baxter and bestcee like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think mine just found me. Courage.
    My mind is trying it on tonight, and so far it fits.
    Courage to move forward, courage to keep going, and courage to follow the right path.
    Courage: mettle, tenacity, pluckiness
    Hmmm....

norton94 and GlazeFamily3 like this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

So many good stories here to show how strong we women can be!! Brava to you all.

14. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I've loved reading each of these responses so much! You all inspire me - love this community here at TLP.

I'm like Tracie @tkradtke with my first launching for college this fall, which has me thinking about how home will change. My daughter has had some serious health issues over the last year+, which are finally better controlled and her depression regarding the health issues is gone! I've neglected my basement and closet and drawers and pantry etc... shoving any clutter to those unseen places so I don't go out of MY mind, but not having the time to just deal with it. So my OLW for 2018 is NEST. I need to focus on my home and get back in order as we transition to three here.

@Tangie Baxter so many hugs for what sounds like a terrible situation with a nasty bully of a person. I'm sorry you went through that. You do sound like it's been a learning and growing and strengthening process though. Sometimes those pains end up making us our best selves - stronger and more confident, more able to understand others in their times of struggle, and, yes even maybe a spark for creativity. I'm so glad you've brought your energy and light here to TLP - you most definitely belong here!

bestcee likes this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@Tangie Baxter
    I got all mad, angry and ticked off reading, and then calmed down as I read the healing in your life. I wish I could put into words what you have done in my life. Creatively and more! I have my ONE and only painting on my wall for OLW: Vision. I made it because of your inspiration. I cut out letters designed by you, painted in the middle of the night a long canvas, with colors never used in my home (filled with browns). It is TEAL with yellows! I carried this word for YEARS!! My walls were painted the same teal to go with this word! You showed me, I could be bold not just my life, but my home! I have red walls, teal walls, and my foyer is to be orange soon!
    All that being said, the past year was a doozy for me, and my family.
    So I am taking, the word
    CHANGE
    as my word for the year!

norton94 likes this.
  16. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

My word will be "Miracle"
    SO much is going on and has happened. Most of it was because of our emotionally impaired adult daughter, her children's dads who used her and tricked her and brought her down to their level. Shes too loyal. She has 5 children. We have been dragged into the drama. My adult son`s baby died in utero and we might possibly lose a granddaughter to adoption. Its just been so hard, and it not over yet. So we basically need a miracle.

17. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

My word this year is CALM.
    More specifically for me it is about
    - Not doing so much. Last year I had so much going on I felt like I could hardly breathe.
    - Studying again this year. Totally not feeling calm yet, lol.
    - Literally being calm. Unfortunately, I am a yeller parent and my kids and I absolutely hate it. We need to calm down and talk things out instead of yelling at each other.

18. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

A little late to the party! But my word for 2018 is: Purpose. I tend to get super caught up in planning and 5-year-plans and goals that I forget to live and behave and create on purpose and in the present. My greatest goal for this year is to do just that!

bestcee likes this.
  19. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Unless it drops in my lap this time I’m out! I’ve been trying this for the last three years now but it doesn’t work out for me.

bestcee likes this.