A brief update..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, Dec 20, 2017.

1. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I was here three years ago Cynthia but was lucky to be within driving distance to Dad as he spent his last weeks in hospital, it's a hard time, thankful that you can Skype him.

Love and hugs always my friend xxx

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  2. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I am so very sorry for you and your family Cynthia!
    This is a horrible thing to go through. Especially not being there with him and your family. And the holiday timing probably doesn't help either. I do not know what to say or do.
    I am sorry for waiting to respond to this. I wasn't in the right mental state to handle this earlier so I did not yet open this thread. But I know the world doesn't revolve around me and there are many people out there that need hugs and kisses and love and warmth. You deserve it right now.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I am so sorry for all that you are going through! I know how hard it is when a parent is sick. Sending good thoughts your way.

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

((hugs)) Cynthia. :(

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

@MrsPeel Cynthia, how are you doing? Please know you are in my thoughts... take care and keep on being sweet and strong. Hugs all the way from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia :happyhug

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Cynthia, I am so sorry that you are going through this! I'm know dealing with just your own health issue must be very stressful, but on top of that the loss of your father as well. My heart breaks for you. I lost my mom two years ago due to Pancreatic Cancer, my 46 year old cousin the following year and his brother (only 41) this year both to heart failure. It is so tough to lose those you love! I pray you are able to get medical help for your condition. Praying wisdom for the doctors as well as comfort and compassion for you during this trying time. <3

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. asali

asali Mad for Marzipan

so sorry to read all of this!! It has to be such a difficult time for you and your family! I lived this year sth similar with my grandparents so I know how you feel. I know you are strong! Sending you a lot of love and hugs!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Cynthia, I did not see this post, I was so busy with the holidays. But, my prayers for your Father's comfort, and strength for you and Sarita during this difficult time.

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

thanks so much, once again :heartslub

So much has been going on, I think I have prayed more in the past 20 days than ever, taking one step at the time, trying to get to the cause of the Heart Failure is proving more than difficult, but some of my prayers have been answered as I got approved for a hydro therapy I have been fighting for in the past 10 months, I got upgraded to new pain killers which I'm trying to balance as I want to be able to drive, so I can go back to work.
    Very (very) long story with my dad, he showed some improvement and is now more lucid, my mum was admitted too, after she spent 12 days staying there with him and sleeping in a sofa in his room, she is 81 so now the doctors have forbidden her to spend the night there, but we are blessed with the whole family taking turns to stay with him.
    Sarita has tonsillitis and had very high temperature a couple of days ago, she is improving a lot now, and , in a way (even if it may seem a bit selfish from my part) is kind of a blessing on disguise as she wont be going out tonight.

I know we are blessed with so much, not just a roof over our heads and a fridge full of food, a family that may not be all perfect but in it's core has amazing people whom we love beyond blood, plus those who have become as vital and treasured as the blood ones, I have friends of 40+ years of being close who are always present, Sarita has made solid friendships with some people who are a blessing too, and in this kind of family, I am rich beyond words with this community, and some of you very, very special indeed, I treasure each and everyone of you,
    Hope you all had the best Christmas, and that the new year brings you all the very very best. :heartslub

10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm glad you're holding up. Your update sounds positive and I'm happy about that.
    :happyhug

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hugs, Cynthia. Sending lots!

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Please know that you and your precious family are in my thoughts and prayers Cynthia! You are loved!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

(((Hugs))) Cynthia. So glad to hear your father has had some improvement. Hope your hydro therapy goes well. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. :heartlub

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Love you my dear friend. Sorry your Mom was admitted too, but glad that she will take it easier too, and glad your Dad is more lucid. That I know is a comfort for you. Sorry Sarita is sick, but as you said a blessing in disguise as she will be home with you as you ring in 2018. Keeping you, Sarita and your family in my prayers, for a happy and healthy New Year my friend! XO

QuiltyMom and MrsPeel like this.
  15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Been thinking about you so much and I am always so relieved when you come and update us. Hang in there, friend. I know life hasn't always been kind to you but you are loved more than you know. :bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Thinking of you Cyn :beat

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thinking of you all the time! Let's hope 2018 will be better for all of us. Lots of hugs!

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

More hugs and continued positive thoughts coming your way!

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

hugs to you cynthia,you and your family are in my thoughts

MrsPeel likes this.