DYD: What's Your Why?

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by jenevang, Nov 10, 2017.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Why do you Document Your December? In whatever form you choose to do it.

Let's talk about it on Facebook LIVE at 3pm EST today!

Click here to get notified via FB messenger when we go live.

And in the meantime, let me know your WHY down below so we can give you a shout out!

bbymks5, EHStudios and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Well, I wasn't going to do DYD this year, but then I've been working on some Christmas pages with all the new DYD stuff and seeing all these DYD threads and all this awesome DYD inspiration has gotten me excited to try DYD. I'm hoping that excitement will carry me through finish some of the other albums I've started. Maybe completing a simple DYD book will give me that needed boost... hehe!

The new DYD templates are so versatile and can really be used for so much more than DYD. I'm in love with all of them. I'm thinking Disney albums and my son's mission scrapbook in particular.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

{internal time conversion....}
    Yeah! I should be able to be there!

4. jenevang

Going LIVE in about 10 minutes! YAY!

5. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thinking about doing it this year.

6. jenevang

Catch the replay from the link above! But TELL ME YOUR WHY!

Trust me, it will help you stay motivated as you create your project!

cfile likes this.
  7. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

My why— I just simply love Christmas and this time of year. We live in an area with so many fun and festive things to do, and I love to get out and experience as much as I can. This is my first year scrapping and I simply could not pass up documenting my favorite time of the year.

jenevang, lmccandless and mcurtt like this.
  8. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I decided this year that I wanted to get out and do more festive/Christmasy items and that is my why. I want to have some fun (rough year).

jenevang likes this.
  9. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I've never done DYD before, but I'm definitely going to join in this year! We have so many photos of Christmas activities and events that they definitely need their own album. Looking forward to having an album DONE by the new year!

jenevang likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I so love watching you, @jenevang!! I had to watch in replay, but it was awesome!

My why - I will admit to being sort of a scrooge at Christmas in the past. I don't like winter, I don't like getting out in the cold to shop and such, and I have just smiled while grumbling. My first DYD was in 2012, so this will be my 6th year. And since I started, I can honestly say that I feel totally different about this time of year now. It gives me something positive to focus on, and while I still don't like the weather I look harder to find things that bring me joy. And on top of my selfish reasons for doing it, I hope that my children will love looking back on it one day :)

I also feel about DYD the way I feel about PL. I think it's so important to capture and record the little details...the every day. We tend to remember big events, but the little things get lost in our memories sometimes. And we tend to get so busy during the holidays, the time whizzes by, and it's really nice to stop and remember what was special about each day.

honeyandcheese and lmccandless like this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It was a great live event as usual Jen, thank you :)

I love all the DYD Christmas/Winter special kits. While I don't do everyday of Dec., I do document December as I love all the fun that leads up to Christmas. I love putting up the tree the ambiance and listening to the music. ALl of these things get me in the mood for scrapping December pages. If I don't document this December, I wwill document "some" December :)

Great goodies in the store!

lmccandless likes this.
  12. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

This will be my second year doing DD, the first year I did it because it gave me something to do, to distract me from the looming one year anniversary of my dad's death.

This year, same reason, but also because when I'm old and have lost my mind and cannot remember anything, I'm hoping visuals will help jog the memory.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've made the decision, I'm going to do this. Why? All my scrapbooking tends to be around events, activities and occasions. There's not really much that looks at everyday life. So this December I'm going to get out my camera, that normally only gets used to photograph craft and art projects, and take photos of my life from my point of view. DYD the everyday, for an album for me.

14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

The Facebook live was so fun!

Here's my why.... I love Christmas!! And I love all of the little things we do each year. Most of this does get incorporated into my PL, but I love the idea of a separate book for just Christmas stuff.

When I first attempted DYD my kids were still opening a Christmas book a day as a countdown to Christmas activity. They were about to age out of it though and my thought was that it would be fun to wrap up DYD books from years past to include in the countdown. Thought they might be more into looking at old photos than reading Barbie Nutcracker again :-) However, I didn't complete an album before they gave up on the book thing. I still want to do them as a special album to bring out to display each year when we bring out the decor. In my fantasy world, I have enough of them, to mix up which ones get displayed each year. I think another reason I want to do DYD is because I want a place to go into more detail about certain traditions or Christmas items we have. Like this year I want to make sure I tell the story behind a particular Santa we display each year, and where our new tree ornaments came from (and why we picked them out).

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

So... I have now changed my WHY, as you all have gotten me sentimental and reminiscing. I am going to mix old and new and document old Christmas memories. I have now done 4 and I am enjoying reliving the memories of Christmas Past... I feel like I am in Dicken's Christmas Carol! I am visiting with the Ghost of Christmas Past!!!

honeyandcheese likes this.
  16. jenevang

I love these stories and your "WHY" so much! From the love of Christmas to the distraction element to the desire to remember and document. I am so blessed that we have a place where we can document our December (or anytime) in unique and special ways!

You guys are the best!

cfile likes this.
  17. GwenCreative

GwenCreative Member

This is the first year I'm going to do a DYD. The reason is that it will be the first real Christmas I spend with my darling and his children, in an apartment where we both live. As a result, we will be able to spend the end of the year celebrations in our image and we want to keep a memory of all that.

tkradtke likes this.
  18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't participated in this event before, but I document every month quite well anyway, so whether or not I do any of the prompts or challenges, I'll still be scrapping just as much as any other month. And the pages will be printed in my annual album with all the other months.

BevG likes this.
  19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Because Christmas is the best thing ever.

Christina W likes this.
  20. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

I just love Christmas! And I still have little enough kids that the whole month is still a countdown. I want my kids to remember all the little things that we did to celebrate, from crafts to our countdown calendars.

I am trying to wrap up Christmas 2011, hoping to finish that along with this year.