Why I haven't been around much...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Sep 27, 2017.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

To start off, I've missed hanging around with ya'll here in the Pad. It's been hit and miss here and there, but life kinda got in the way. My mom passed away last month at 89 years young, just two weeks shy of her 90th birthday. The Lord was good and we had just arrived into town so we were able to see her before she made her journey to Heaven.

Since then it's been a flurry of emotions and plans, and I just haven't felt like scrapping. I tried but when it just didn't come I gave it a rest. In the meantime I had the honor of making the slide show for her service, which will be held on Saturday. I have never been as moved by the importance of photographs until looking through nine decades of prints, slides and negatives to find those that best described Mom's life. Looking through those precious photographs I experienced a roller coaster ride of blessings and sorrow, but in the end was thrilled that we have so much of her to see with her gone.

So ladies and gentlemen, what we do as scrappers is such an important thing. Yes, it may be therapy for us, but it leaves such a wealth of history for those in the future and the joy of reliving experiences from the past.

Here's the slide show in case you'd like to see it. If anything, you can watch me grow up (I'm the little blonde squirt!). And thank you again for all your support and for the friendships I've found here. You all are a true blessing.

Hugs to you all...

2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh, Jan. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'll check out your video a little later today when I have more time to sit and enjoy it. Definitely a great reminder as to why we do what we do. Sending love your way!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Jan, thank you so much for sharing this! You mother is a beauty and looks like she had a life filled with great love!
    Fly to Jesus and live!
    How perfect is this!
    ((hugs)) I'm sorry for your loss.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. CherryAllie

CherryAllie Active Member

Sorry for your loss. All the photos full of memories are indeed a treasure. (Hug)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

And THIS is why I'm a photographer. You have so so many memories of love & life & happiness & vibrancy to remember of your mom! Sending all my thoughts to you as you remember her and say goodbye! I'm so sorry for your loss.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

carrie1977 likes this.
  7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Thanks! :)

8. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

@QuiltyMom I am so sorry. It's so so hard as I have been there this year with my mother. Hugs to you and take it easy. I am still having trouble doing much of anything. I will watch your slide show when I get home.

Here is a big hug from you to me.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I am so sorry for your loss, but so glad that you got to see her and also that you had so many wonderful images for that amazing tribute to her and her life xx

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

Thanks! Hugs back at ya!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Beautiful, Jan! I see so much of your Mom now, when I see a picture of you! I'm so sorry, but happy that you found some comfort! Sending hugs!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

What a beautiful tribute for your Mom! So sorry for your loss.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Jan, so sorry for your loss. Hugs! I'm glad you were able to get some comfort from going through the photos to make her slide show.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Jan, I'm so very sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful tribute to her.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I'm so sorry for the earthly goodbye, Jan. I don't know that we will ever know how to move away from the hurt of losing a parent. Not completely. I am so glad to hear you were able to spend some treasured time with her before she went Home. Hold tight to that. I LOVE the beautiful tribute to her life, lived well. It is, just as you said..precisely what we memory keepers and personal historians do. It is THE Why, in the end. Much love to you! :beat

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Wonderful slideshow! :love

QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So sorry for your loss, Jan. The slideshow is absolutely wonderful and such a beautiful tribute! Love and hugs, thoughts and prayers for you and your family :beat

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm so so sorry for your loss...it's so hard losing a parent. What a beautiful tribute with lots of wonderful memories. *hugs to you*

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

So sorry for your loss. Your slideshow is such a wonderful tribute to her and your family. I smiled when I saw the haircuts with the short bangs (that was me back then too LOL).

QuiltyMom likes this.
  20. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Jan this is such a beautiful tribute! I looks like she lived a full and beautiful life - how blessed you are to be her daughter. I'm so sorry for your loss.

QuiltyMom likes this.