What starts off your summer?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Jun 23, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

It's a toss up between going to the beach on Memorial Day and the last day of the school year (which happen the same week).

bcgal00 likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

For me... like others, when school is out! It's like instant!

bestcee and bcgal00 like this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

As homeschoolers it's always the end of year testing that starts us off. I feel like I can breathe a big ol' sigh of relief that we have accomplished another year and that my children have actually learned something & aren't doing too bad, despite me being their teacher....they are actually doing amazing.

But I don't really feel like it's summer, we've had a few crazy weeks. I'm hoping this week is a little more relaxed.

bcgal00 likes this.
  4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

When the heat starts in March...lol! Texas, baby!

KarenB and bcgal00 like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It most definitely is summer here this wkend....finally. It's been around 90 and I've taken the dogs to the river a few times and it felt so good to stand in the cold water and play with the dogs.

KarenB and bestcee like this.
  6. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

School being out is the beginning of summer for us. We are night owls and I love the days of not having to be on a schedule. I know we probably should keep the kids on one, but I like going with the flow much better.

bestcee likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Even though it's be a long time since I had school age children or have been in school myself (got my B.A. finally done in 2002!), it's true...the old school times of ending before Memorial Day and opening the week after Labor Day still are summer's bookends for my mind. But those three months have definitely shrunk down to barely two months for most schools it seems.

bestcee likes this.
  8. renee82

renee82 renee82

Summer for us is when the kids are done school. We usually go until the end of June... although I suppose that will change once they are done and move away but for at least 10 more years it will be this way. lol!

9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

First beach BBQ - last weekend. I also need to get my feet in the sea, then it's def summer!