Stress| Pad Patter 6.5.07

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 5, 2017.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

I will feel stress until I get things checked off my to-do list... getting it done helps.. but sometimes it's just too overwhelming. Then I step back and try to prioritize. If not, a trip to the Caribbean and sitting on a beach will do the trick. Unfortunately that's not usually an option. lol!

keepscrappin and janedee like this.
  2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I withdraw. I eat. I bingewatch Netflix or Hulu. I browse the Internet. I think bad thoughts.

When I'm especially angry, I rage-clean. You might as well turn around and walk right back out of my house when you see that happening because it will not end well for you, my friend.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I eat all the wrong things and go into shutdown mode.

4. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

This is me exactly too!

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I know I get silent and then there's this look and my adopted daughter apparently does too as this is her FB intro...
    I wouldn't piss me off if I were you

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Running, cleaning or eating ice cream! Listening to worship music is good too.

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Most times I take a step back, make a list and pull up my sleeves to figure out how to alleviate the stress. If it's personal and hurting stress, I retreat and get a bit quieter, and take comfort in home and family. Angry stress is a motivator to do it myself if I can.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I grab my running shoes and take off for a few miles. Back when I had my engineering job, I would get majorly stressed out every day and NEED to go for a run as soon as I got home. I remember going in for an annual performance review once and my supervisor giving me a glowing report, and then asking me how I felt about things. My reply? "You've dropped my 5K time by 2 minutes this year."

9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Eat!:badmood:banghead:cry:madness And eat.

10. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm like Jen and I shut down when it's health. I sleep because my body literally shuts down. I'll put on some of my favorite music and either walk, get lost in pinterest or creating, I'll play video games and much like a Pisces, I'll need to hide myself away by myself a bit or just very close friends who know that silence is okay.

If I'm angry, THAT is when I clean and like Miss Anne and Miss Leandra, just back away. Don't help, do not make me have to stop or move around you, you will. not. like. it. If I'm stressed and angry and you ask me a question and I just look at you blankly without speaking, that means shut up, turn around, and do something helpful out of my way or disappear. My kids are REALLY good at that. Both, actually.. I gotta brag for them, they'll start cleaning up too not just disappear all the time.