Silly Mistakes |Pad Patter 6.6.2017

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 6, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I was reading journaling on a Project Life layout and giggled. The author had been so confused by the 16 degrees on her weather app. Until her husband asked if she changed it from F to C. Yep, she had.

It reminded me of earlier today. I have both Utah and Nevada on my phone weather app. I accidentally changed to Utah, and couldn't figure out why the temperature was so off, and how I lost an entire hour making sandwiches for lunch!

How about you? Any silly little things that are worth a giggle? Have you lost time, or temperature, or anything else due to technology?

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I get confused with dates! All the time! I have to think if it's spring or autumn. A few months back, I was at my mother's home and we wanted to wrap some presents. I asked her "why you've brought all those christmasy papers and bags? In a few weeks it's Easter!" "Hello, it's December!"

bestcee likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well since I'm that woman in @bestcee 's post (Hooray! someone DOES read the journaling!) I had an even more embarrassing event recently. I had volunteered in December 2016 at our local detention center and since most of the slots were taken I ended up with the 5th (tuesday) of the month. When I went through my iCal app on my Mac, I only found two and entered the appoint meets there. Unfortunately, I entered the appointment on the 5th Monday of June rather than the 5th Tuesday of May.

The day after that 5th Tuesday last month I got an email from the Volunteer Coordinator. What happened to me?? Sigh...it must have been the iCal app, right??? I tell myself ...take your time, the fingers can slip up so easily.

And my dh told me something I didn't know....there are always only 2 months each year that have those 5th whatever or something like that. I really didn't listen... I still am not sure whether to believe him but I don't want to take the bother to check.

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  4. renee82

renee82 renee82

Being a shift worker, I often can't keep track of what day of the week it is... I sometimes spend the whole day thinking it's Thursday when in fact it's actually Wednesday or something like that...

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We live on the shores of Lake Michigan.... which is the edge of the Eastern time zone... it's supposed to be the middle of the lake, but sometimes when we go to the beach I'll feel like we've been there a lot longer than my cell phone is telling me.... only to later realize that my clock on my phone has changed to switch to Chicago time. It's resulted in a few sunburns because of the extra hour we spend at the beach. :giggle I finally learned that I can't have my clock set to auto change by location or this happens too much.

wvsandy, keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

@Karen that happened to me, too! We went up to Hagar Park & my phone changed to Central time while we were at the beach. I could not figure out why we'd only been there an hour... nope, it was 2+!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, I made a $175 mistake that way. I scheduled an appointment for my son ... in 2017 instead of 2016. The only reason I know is that I said it wasn't on my calendar (but still had to pay the missed appointment fee), and it showed up for this July instead of last. Aargh!

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I just poured red wine onto my stuffed chicken breasts (for supper) when I thought I was adding olive oil.
    Can you tell we don't drink wine much? No technology needed.

wvsandy, bellbird and bestcee like this.
  9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I tend to be absent-minded about some things (well, maybe a lot of things LOL). I can't tell you how many times (last time was yesterday) I've walked into an entry door rather than the exit door. I step into it, expecting it to open so I bang into it when it stays closed, b/c I'm on the wrong side LOL. My hubs just laughs at me when he sees me doing it (a lot LOL).

bellbird, Karen and bestcee like this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I've put food in the crockpot for dinner and didn't turn it on; I've put milk in the cupboard vs the fridge; I've accidentally left a steamer bag of brussel sprouts in the microwave overnight because I forgot I made them and then cleaned and searched for hours to figure out what the smell was.

LynnG and bellbird like this.
  11. jwalls39

jwalls39 Well-Known Member

I have (what used to be) a "smart clock" that recognized Daylight Savings Time and automatically adapted. Now, since some genius thought it's be cool to change when DST begins and ends...it's a stupid clock. This means...whatever day DST was supposed to start and end on my clock still thinks it needs to adapt and 2 arbitrary mornings my clock is off by an hour. Kinda sucked when my kids were in school! Guess it's time to get a new clock already.

12. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I literally last week skipped Saturday and went right to going about my day like it was Sunday. Even asked some people about why certain things hadn't happened yet. Then was reminded that it was in fact Saturday. ROFL!!!

LynnG and bestcee like this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Always checking and re-checking what day and time it is.

As for laughing over people making mistakes, have you seen the video of the grandma using the hair dryer as a "speed gun"? I laughed and laughed.

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Always. I always read the journaling if it's at all possible! But I would never call you out!
    Oh, man! A whole year off? And a huge fee? Yuck!!

I haven't done this yet. But I have put my phone in the fridge before.

Ugh. That sucks! Then it's off unless you manually set it when DST actually occurs too!

bbymks5 likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I had that happen this year on DST day and couldn't figure out why my clock hadn't automatically reset itself. the worst part was when I reset the time to be correct, the clock put it back! Come to find out the date/year setting had gotten changed to a different year and that was why it was messed up. Once I fixed the year it was finally okay again. Thankfully I always set an alarm on my phone too!

16. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I have done the exact same thing! The difference between Waterloo, Ontario, where my parents live and Ottawa, where I live is not very big most days. But sometimes my phone will tell me it's raining and I'll be like, "nothing but blue skies, here! Oh, it's raining in Waterloo." The benefit of knowing Waterloo's weather is that usually, whatever weather system is there will be hitting me in 8-12 hours. More accurate than the Weather Network!

bestcee likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I've totally had my keys in my pockets and have torn the house apart looking for them!!

At our old place we had a cat condo/tree thing, and my hubby put some camera gear up on one of the perch things, weeks later he's tearing the house apart looking for his stuff, blaming everyone for always taking his stuff. Looked in his van several days...then he checks the cat tree and there it all way!! So now I tease him that our cats have retractable thumbs and play hide and seek with his stuff :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  18. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This happened just yesterday:
    DD has a picnic at school on Thurs. I signed up to bring hot dogs. So yesterday I check the dogs DH bought at the store last week and I swear the "best buy" date says June 7, which is the day before the picnic. So I found up DS and we go to the grocery store to buy new dogs for the picnic and buns so we can have the "gonna expire tmw" dogs for dinner.
    Then DH, who bought the dogs and who was gonna make dinner last night, gets home. He says "why are there more dogs in the fridge?" I answer "honey, you're so absent minded that you didn't check the expiry date!" He looks at me and laughs "they're good till JULY 7, not June 7. I know I'm bad with that stuff so I triple-checked." Darn! Not only did I make a mistake but my DH now has evidence that I'm not perfect! :groan lol Oh well. We had yummy grilled hot dogs for dinner yesterday *and* DD will have them for lunch tmw. Not the healthiest but what can you do? (At least we buy all beef etc etc.)

bestcee likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm always making silly mistakes. Mostly not catching auto correct changes to my texts. I've also missed chats because I've messed up the time conversion. Sometimes I'll open the wrong can for a recipe thinking it was cream of chicken when it was chicken broth.... ooops!

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I guess this proves we are all human here! No robot check needed. :tu

bestcee and bellbird like this.