Challenge Guidelines

Discussion in 'May 2017 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Apr 30, 2017.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

The Lilypad provides 8 challenges a month for you to participate in, and uses a percent system for your rewards; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team!

Since we have 8 challenges total, this allows you to skip one challenge if it just doesn't suit your style and still be eligible for a guest polly spot. You can, of course, complete all 8 challenges if you want, but it won't increase your rewards for that month, other than you've completed an extra page!

The first 7 challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the 8th challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day (first Friday of the Month). Challenge layouts must contain 75% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store). BYOC challenge layouts must have 90% current BYOC product from the current month's BYOC. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

All challenge layouts must be posted in the TLP gallery listing the product used for your pages, and must be completed by midnight eastern time on the last day of the month.

You should post your challenge pages each month in the Challenge Layouts thread. There should only be one post per participant in this thread. After you post your first challenge, please edit that post to add each additional challenge page you complete. At the end of the month, this thread will be closed and you will be contacted with a coupon code for your discount. Only one post per person will be tallied, so please do not post multiple times in this thread. In order to make tallying easier, we also ask that this thread be used only for posting challenge pages; please do not comment on the pages in the layout thread, but feel free to go to the gallery to leave some love!

Throughout the month, as I see people finishing the challenges, I will move your post to a "Finished Challenges" thread so I can tally the finishers throughout the entire month instead of just at the end. Please do not move your own post over when you've completed the challenges.

Coupons are sent via conversation within 7-10 days after the challenges close.

If anyone has any questions, please let us know!

2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

In case anyone needs this :D

[​IMG]

Ga_L likes this.
  3. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

Does using a layout for a designer challenge and a monthly challenge count as double dipping?

4. mrs2a50

@disneysheryl65 - Sheryl, that would be double dipping. Your challenge pages cannot be used for more than one challenge.

disneysheryl65 likes this.
  5. orkan

orkan Well-Known Member

Hello! Here I am still lost in the meanders of the forum and the language(tongue). I ended all the proposed challenges and even those of the designeurs etc....
    Who has to gather my pages in " finished challenge?
    Thank you for your help

6. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Every user participating in the monthly challenges has their own thread in the monthly layouts area (you start your own by creating a comment in that month's thread).

For example, May's layouts are listed in the May Challenge Layouts thread. Once the month is done, Julie @mrs2a50 will move them into the completed LO thread. She alone does this.

For every monthly challenge you complete (not the designer challenges, which are handled separately), you are posting it in 3 places:
    1). The gallery first;
    2). The specific challenge thread;
    3). Lastly, you'll post it in your personal challenge layout thread (you just keep editing the same "comment").

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

7. mrs2a50

Thanks Margaret! @londoncuppa

@orkan - Margaret pretty much explained it all. If you still have questions, please let us know!

londoncuppa likes this.