MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Pad Patter 5.31.2017

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 31, 2017.

1. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We used to get mice in the house quite often when we lived down east. Our lot backed onto a farmer's corn field so it was hard to avoid them! I remember the first time we knew we had them, I had made cookies the night before and left them on the counter to cool. When I got up the next morning, the middle was eaten out of half of them!!! That mouse must have been a rolly polly little guy by the time he was finished!

BevG and keepscrappin like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Mouse is caught. Dead. Woot. I will bleach tomorrow and new contact paper goes down. Woo hoo

Tree City, KarenW, janedee and 3 others like this.
  3. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

many years ago we had a few mice in the house. I found poop in the pantry ... talk about yuck!!! Anyway, I set up glue traps and cleaned and all that.

One night, I was up late in the guest room, organizing some stuff. The kids were asleep and the DH was out of town. I was sitting on the floor and the door was open. All of a sudden I looked up, and there was walking in a little bitty mouse. As God as my witness, the little bugger let out a scream when he saw me and took off running away. He found is way through a crack in the laundry room cabinetry and I never saw him again. I set glue traps in the guest room, but the only thing they caught was the white carpet (and I've never gotten the stain from the that sticky mess out of a little patch of the carpet.

I only ended up catching mice under the kitchen sink.

4. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

LOL OMG Anne, I know it's not funny, but you have me giggling. At least it wasn't a snake :hehe

londoncuppa, AnneofAlamo and Karen like this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol! Poor Anne. Sorry you had a scary (???) little mouse to deal with. I'd be more mad I had to do all that cleaning. Lol! We have them on a very rare occasion and usually in the basement, so we just keep a couple mouse traps set up with peanut butter on them at all times. They can't resist the peanut butter... it's like mouse crack. :giggle

6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

ekkkkkkk............................. thump

Karen likes this.
  7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I don't want any critters in my house...mice, bugs, flies, snakes, lizards...they better stay away or they will die.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yuck. I hope it's leaving your house and heading to a new home! I would have been yelling too - then laughing at myself screaming at a mouse the size of my fist. :giggle We had to get some traps recently... for the garage. My boys left their soccer bags with granola bars out there... .UGH! Just gross! (I don't like the glue ones... I saw a mouse eat his arm off, and escape.)

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

it was a glue pad, and it was dragging it all over the bottom cabinet! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    my husband took it this morning and put it out of its misery and it is now residing dead in our back dumpster! woot!
    it was smaller than that...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, but bold, just shimmed across my kitchen floor, turned and looked at me and then opened the cabinet and disappeared..but I have last laugh
    dead
    mouse!
    and get to rebleach the inside to my cabinets...wash EVERYthing and put away...

jk703 and keepscrappin like this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

You have a photo? My husband would have a photo of me standing a top of a table.

londoncuppa likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Glad to hear you've been de-moused Anne!

The only mouse I like is Mickey Mouse! We had some mice when we first moved in because the houses behind us weren't finished and there was a huge field. But that field has been gone for several years and we don't see too many mice anymore. We get an occasional one in the garage in the winter months. I think they come in to get warm. I've been surprised to open a box in the garage and find a dead mouse.... EWW!

DD thought she saw one in the garage a couple of months ago so my hubby set out some poison but we've never seen one so we think she was mistaken. I hope so because I don't want to have to disinfect the garage. I moved stuff and never saw droppings so I'm guessing it was just an old leaf that blew through and she thought it was a mouse out of the corner of her eye.

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Really @AnneofAlamo, you would hold spiders, scorpions and snakes?
    In my house with 2 cats I know that the mouse wouldn't live for long, might even have been intended as a gift. Snakes would illicit a death defying, blood curdling scream. Spiders get smashed or relocated depending on their venom status, Daddy Long Legs get a welcome card. Scorpions, I might have a look at the size of their pincers - but reckon a safe scorpion is a dead one. Here's hoping you get your home back to a mouse-less status asap.

13. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Yes! He is a great guy!! This September will be our 49th wedding anniversary and I plan on keeping him FOREVER!!!

14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I keep hearing one in my kitchen, but it has not made an appearance since it's initial sounds. It was above my microwave in a cabinet. I could hear the scratching all the way in the family room. We went to investigate and found evidence that something had been there - droppings and a hole in a bag of chips. After scrubbing and throwing away everything that was there, hubby put spray foam in any opening that a mouse could get through. He has not been back in that cabinet, but I have since heard the same scratching noises several times. Hubby thinks it may be in the wall. All I know is, that I wish he had done the inhumane thing and got the trap that kills the mouse so that I would know exactly where that creature is. He's probably still roaming my house today.

15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I think mice are kind of cute! Of course, I wouldn't want one living in my house, especially here where they can carry Hanta virus which can kill you. We get lots of scorpions here and I scream, freak out and hop around every single time I see one. :circles:overreact

bbymks5 likes this.
  16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Like you I'd be freaking out and scrubbing everything down!!!!

17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I would die!!!! Kids would be knocked over as I ran out of the house like my pants were on fire LOL!!! Everything would be sanitized, food would be gone through to see if there was any evidence that had it had even thought about going near it!!

The only thing more terrifying than a mouse in the house are scorpions in the house!!!

18. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I don't like mice but I'm not terrified of them either! We get them pretty regularly at our lake house. We just set traps when we hear them. We don't see too many when our cats go with us though (not because the cats catch them, but because the mice just know not to come around). I have one dopey cat too - I don't think he would even know what to do with a mouse if he caught one. One of my previous cats was like that too! Here's a photo of my cat and a mouse (that he just stared at and let walk away).....

cloey.jpg

I just happened to have my camera in my hand when I walked into the kitchen and saw this. Of course, by the time I stopped laughing at the dopey cat, put the camera down, and got a bucket (to trap the mouse), the stupid thing had casually walked away and under the refrigerator. :duh

19. renee82

renee82 renee82

Well unfortunately, I've had mice in my house growing up, my camp and my house now. Actually just about a month ago, we had about 4 tiny ones comes in. I wondered why Charlie, my awesome cat, was staring at the cupboard. He got his first chance to catch a mouse... he wasn't happy when we took it away from him... lol!

20. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

But it was so cute...

I'm with Dawn. At least it wasn't a snake. That's MY trigger (shudder)!