More Info than Necessary |Pad Patter 5.30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 30, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm definitely closer to the get-to-the-point kinda gal. That's why I like texting. :)

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I learned at work to answer just what being asked to get in less trouble. LOL!!!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm an over-sharer, over-talker and over-friendly kind of person. My mom was like that too. My family laughs at me b/c everywhere we go, I usually end up chatting with strangers and we'll just go on and on LOL. The latest time was at my GD's dance recital. I was at the concession booth, getting some salt and water (I'm on keto diet) and the manager of the booth wanted to know why I wanted it and then got really excited when I mentioned keto so we ended up talking for about 15 minutes. My family left me there and went to go sit down and enjoy the intermission break, knowing that I probably wouldn't be joining them LOL (I didn't...I chatted with the girl until it was time to go back to our seats).

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  4. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I am not a talker, so I never overshare, probably not even close. I answer questions just as they are asked of me and if I feel like you need to know more to understand what I am saying, I will give more info. I learned quickly when I used to work at a health insurance company researching provider/member appeals, that it is best to only give what is needed. Too much information can backfire and sometimes is just unnecessary.

My husband is the completely opposite, and so is my dad...lol! I have to ask them to pause and just give me an answer, not put me to sleep.

5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm an introvert so I don't do small talk. When I'm talking to friends, and family, then yes I share a lot and very in depth because usually we're talking about life, dreams, etc. Something deep.

If you ask me a question, I usually give a complete answer. I'm not a yes/no person.

If I don't know you, then I'm very shut down and don't share anything.

6. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

For me, it depends on the person I'm talking to, the situation, and the subject. I can be a total introvert and not say much at all when I'm around people I don't know well or people are discussing things I know very little about. But, put me a room with people I know or ask me about something I know, and I am a total over-sharer/over-talker.

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yup, this is me!

I hate talking on the phone and would much rather talk in person.

This is me too!

Tree City likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My problem with talking on the phone is, How do you end the conversation? Or, rather, how do *I* get off the phone in a timely fashion when I'm on with a talker [namely, my most wonderful mother who'd probably be happy talking to a brick wall]? She overshares. All. The. Time. so her conversations are always long. I don't love phone convos, so it's like torture to talk longer than 20 min. Plus, she's extremely extroverted and I'm very much not. To her, a phone conversation is rejuvenating and she just can't understand how it's draining for me.

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  9. renee82

renee82 renee82

This is definitely me... sometimes we will go out with friends and I will think about it the next day and wish I hadn't talked so much. I often joke and ask my husband why he didn't tell me to be quiet. lol! But he knows I probably will just keep talking. lol!

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am much more of a yes and no kinda gal. Absolutely hate small talk, can never think of something to say. If we are chatting about something I am passionate about - well then I can wax lyrical. I enjoy being with chatty extroverts so I can coast and nod and agree, but need alone time to recharge. Hubby can chat to anyone about anything, yet can't finish up a conversation or leave a party.

Tree City likes this.