So I cried

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by StefanieS, Apr 4, 2017.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

as I waved goodbye to my oldest, 23 years old, newly engaged and leaving on a international flight for France with his gorgeous new fiancee' and her family to run the Paris marathon.
    Tell me it gets easier?
    [​IMG]

2. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Awwww, they are both cuties!!!!!!! I don't know, I don't have kids, but congrats on the new addition to the family!

StefanieS likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I can only imagine how you feel as my kids are still much younger. Not looking forward to this, though. I feel for you.

StefanieS likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Mine are only 7 and 3 so no advice... but congratulations!

StefanieS likes this.
  5. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

That's such a grand adventure & they'll have so many stories to share with you!!! HUGS to you though Stefanie! Think of all the fun new pictures you'll get to scrap as they share their love with you!!

StefanieS and busywoman139 like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Congratulations to your son and his Fiance - Stefanie!! How awesome and all the best with the Paris Marathon!!

StefanieS likes this.
  7. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Oh my gosh...that is the cutest!! No advice on whether it gets any easier...but what a grand adventure for them and you!!

StefanieS likes this.
  8. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Oh goodness... I start to cry just *thinking* about stuff like this happening in the future! Not just sadness, of course, but all the emotions that go with seeing your child grow up and take flight. He sure looks happy though! Hugs to you!

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, best wishes to the gorgeous couple! And just remember: usually a marriage means babies, so perhaps in a few years you'll have a little grandbaby to hold and love on...and unlike when holding your own son, you can pass this cute grandbaby back to the parents when the diaper is full! (If this post helps make you smile instead of cry, then I've done my job!) :)

StefanieS and bestcee like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Congrats! I would cry too.

StefanieS likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh cry on...here is a tissue...and a shoulder. I have filled buckets...lol, having them leave the nest is hard, leaving the country????????????????? oh here is another tissue!

AJK and StefanieS like this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awwww congratulations!! And what an exciting trip! I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it can be a lot of fun. You're gaining a daughter and someday grandbabies (which are the most awesome thing ever!!). New adventures await!! Probably more tears as well, but also lots more smiles and laughs!! It's a wonderful adventure!!

StefanieS likes this.
  13. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Cry, cry, cry, it will be therapeutic and what a good looking couple; count your blessing between the tears.

StefanieS likes this.
  14. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

It gets easier. Now for the truth. I gets different. Still sad but mixed with excitement of seeing them on their own, growing and maturing. Tears still come now with chats and emails and phone calls. Letting go is hard but launching them on their own makes it easier. Guess it's a little re-framing and knowing life will be changing for the better. Take care and let the tears flow it's all part of the process.

AJK and StefanieS like this.
  15. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

@carilyne - great advice!! Definitely gets "different" but not in a negative way ... let the tears flow ... treasure the moments you have had and look forward to new memories!! Hugs to you Stefanie! (And congrats to your son and his soon-bride-to-be!)

StefanieS likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

How exciting! Tell them to send you lots of photos. My oldest is only 15, but I think I'll be cheering for her when she makes big, adult moves. I do cry when my kids sing songs sometimes, or perform brilliantly on stage, or say profound things. But I'm excited to see how my kids will be as adults.

StefanieS likes this.
  17. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hugs Stef and go on have a good cry and then pat yourself on the back for a raising such a wonderful human being and then smile knowing that you have equipped him well to go on such a fulfilling adventure in his life! Such a lovely photo of them both and I hope they do well in France! :heartlub

AJK, StefanieS and bestcee like this.
  18. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I'm not the one to ask. My 32 year still lives at home. Not the way I planned it.

jesskab and StefanieS like this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh Stefanie, I am not sure if it gets easier or not, but what an adorable pic and couple!

StefanieS likes this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Thanks everyone, I just needed some cyber support and am already feeling a little better, seen photos of them exploring and it's just gorgeous there. Spring blossoms all around and smiles. All is good again.

bestcee, AJK and michelepixels like this.