Spaghetti Noodles |Pad Patter 3.21.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We love any pasta meal! What I do a lot of times is just serve up a very small portion for me and then have a side salad. If I ate what I would really like....

We have tried the whole wheat noodles and we did not like them.

My sister makes her own noodles, and they are soooo good!

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

any way you want to serve it here. we use the whole wheat noodles.

3. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm in love with pasta. Last night, we had lasagna soup for dinner. Comfort food to the max.

I'll eat pasta any which way. My hubby isn't in love with it like I am. He is a meat guy.

One of my favorites is to take plain cooked spaghetti noodles and toss them in a pan with a bit of olive oil, a ton of crushed garlic, some red pepper flakes and fresh parm. Yum.

4. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I could live on pasta! I love it almost every way .. alfredo... just butter, cheese.. sauces.. balls.. chicken.. you name it! :P call me a noodle head

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

My family is a pasta with meat sauce fanatics! ONLY with my homemade sauce.... I HATE IT! I love white sauce or olive oil and garlic. I am not a big noodle fan, but love some gluten free options. My family also LOVES potato gnocchi. You can get gnocchi gluten free, but you have to look for it.

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I used to love pasta until I went gluten-free. The best option I've found is Trader Joe's brown rice noodles. They are about the same in both texture and taste as the regular. The only thing I've realized is that they don't save well. The whole texture changes, and I don't like that. But fresh? They're good. Now I hardly eat them because it's hard to find a non tomato or cream based sauce that I like that I can eat. I can do pesto, but only if I make it myself and omit the dairy & nuts. Mostly, I just skip it now.

Before dietary restrictions, I'd eat spaghetti with my mom's meat sauce recipe. Love that stuff!

7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We usually have pasta once a week. I make a marinara sauce and will occasionally add meatballs (it's so much cheaper without the meat!). Usually pasta and marinara is our meatless meal of the week. All my kids like the meatballs, but if they had their own way they would just have mac & cheese (except my one kid who doesn't like cheese). My oldest daughter makes homemade mac & cheese once a week for lunch. Me, on the other hand, I can do without pasta.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

If you have an Asian market, look there for your gluten-free, rice noodles. Our Asian market has a whole row, yes, a whole row, of rice noodles. Some of them cook very quick, like in seconds. If you want something similar to spaghetti, look for the vermicelli ones. Otherwise, have fun and consider it an adventure - there are ones that are clear and slippery, ones that expand and become crunchy, etc.

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I. love. pasta. Most any kind, any way. His choice would be regular spaghetti, marinara and meatballs. Me? I like a pasta with cheese like ravioli and tortellini etc.

I have one portion left of lasagna soup for my dinner tonight! He goes to an Italian place with the guys every Weds night...a slice or ...you guessed it, spaghetti and meatballs.

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Daniel would eat mac-n-cheese every single day. He also loves angel hair pasta with butter, garlic salt and shaker parmesan (like Kraft).

I love to make homemade alfredo over fettucine.

I make beefy mac . . . I use elbow noodles. While those are cooking, I brown hamburger meat with minced onion and garlic salt, then add in beef broth and tomato sauce. I add in the noodles and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese. It's nommy.

We usually have hamburger beef stroganoff over rice, but occasionally we'll mix it up and serve it over penne.

We usually always use angel hair for spaghetti (meat sauce with tomatoes).

So yeah, we eat a lot of pasta around here.

11. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Asian style noodles here and we love noodle style soups especially chicken. No cream or dairy here. I'd much prefer the flavours of coriander and chilli etc. :-)

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do like pasta and so does my whole family, but I don't make it that often. We did have spaghetti with red sauce and meatballs this week though. I usually like it mostly because it's so easy to make. :)

13. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

i.eat.all.the.pasta!!! We've been eating more spaghetti squash, so that's good!

14. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We love pasta, just about any kind and probably eat it once or twice a week! We had veggie canelloni last night for dinner. Fave sauces include home made meat/red sauce, rose, marinara and pesto sauces, all with lots of fresh grated parmesan. I love alfredo but it doesn't love me! These days I also try to buy only whole wheat noodles.

15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We don't eat a ton of pasta here. I used to eat a lot more, especially with any kind of cream sauce, but I don't like cream sauces the way I used to anymore. I love Asian noodles though and we get Thai food fairly often.

16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I used to eat a lot of pasta as a kid - mostly spaghetti or goulash, but now I'm not too into it! Probably just tired of it as a kid. I do however, love Olive Garden's chicken and shrimp carbonara. I always get that when we go to Olive Garden. Rob and Megan love spaghetti, so we have to make spaghetti and garlic bread at least once a month. They like the way I make spaghetti better than the way Rob's mom made spaghetti. I always make lots and lots of meat sauce. Rob's mom used to mix in a little sauce with the noodles when he was a kid. Probably to save money. My family loves that I'm heavy on the sauce and homemade garlic bread. I don't like dry noodles. I always tell the server at Olive Garden to give me extra sauce... hehe

17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

My mom is 1/2 Italian so we grew up eating a lot of pasta. I've cut back quite a bit lately but we still have pasta probably a couple times per month. Favorites are pasta with pesto and, believe it or not, Cincinnati Chili on pasta - even though I've never been to Cincinnati.

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@dawnmarch ChiliMac is what my husband calls Cincinnati Chili, apparently something his mother made way back when. She was an orphan and not much of a cook I'm told, never learning. But if I make Chili Mac for him, I know he's got 5-6 lunches taken care of for the week! Yay! But he likes it over macaroni, not spaghetti. :clap

19. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

That's what I've always called it - ChiliMac... chili over pasta. But the last two times I ordered it here in Chicago (at two different places), it was chili over mac and cheese!?!??!

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

We are a pasta lovin' family too...but low carbing our way back to our skinny clothes! bhahhaha
    [​IMG]
    so we have tofu shirataki noodles. YOU have to rinse them really really good. I mean real good, then dry in a warm skillet, to get all the liquid off them, and kinda firm them up.
    I also learned to cut them...as they are ONE long noodle.
    The Fettucini so far is our favorite. I use the spaghetti one for chow mein.
    You can't soak the sauce for too long on them, as it gets a bit starchy. They are in the produce section by the tofu

my boys get the regular pasta! lol