Trip to Legoland

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Mar 9, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Alright, who's been there? What were your must see/do things?
    This is one that no one I know has been to!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We've been!! In 2010 though... lol!

bestcee likes this.
  3. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Which one are you going to? We went to the one in Florida, two years ago. We did 3 days at Universal Studios and 2 days at Legoland. We went over spring break and it was perfect. The lines were next to nothing at Legoland during the week because locals were not on spring break until the following week.

We did everything there and then did it again! One of the musts was the driving school. The boys LOVED it! That line was the only thing we had to wait for but it was worth it! We bought them their souvenir driver's license too! That place was tons of fun!!

busywoman139 and bestcee like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We went about three years ago (the the one in Florida) and my boys had a blast! Their favorite was the Chima ride that had water blasters all around the edges of the rides... people on the sidewalks could blast the people on the ride and the people on the ride could blast back. They got soaked, but rode it over and over and over again. We all also loved the Lego city where they had huge lego buildings of places like Las Vegas, Washington DC, NYC and even a HUGE Star Wars section with various movie scenes. Super cool! There are tons of rides and they aren't crazy huge or scary so are definitely better for the younger kids. I think my boys were 8 and 10. They could ride almost everything by themselves too which they loved.

The lines were non-existent when we went (first week of April) so that was also awesome. We did two days there. Oh and there's a water-skiing show in the very back by the gardens (also very cool) from the section that used to be Cypress Gardens that was fun to watch. OH! And they have two different spots where you go in and build cars out of legos and then race them. We spent hours in there!

bestcee likes this.
  5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We're taking the kids to the Lego Discovery Center in Chicago over Spring Break so not the same thing but a little close. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I haven't been, but a friend went to the one in CA a couple years ago and her two kids LOVED it!!!

Her son was in the 7th grade (he has Aspergers) and her daughter was in 5th grade.

bestcee likes this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We went to the southern CA one in December of 2015- SO fun! The kids were 4 & 7 and they LOVED it! My 7 yr old daughter loved the lego friends land & my little 4 yr old son was over the moon for all of it! We didn't do a lot of the rides because the kids were so small but it was super fun still! I think it's small enough that you can DO IT ALL in one day. Depending on what time of year you go- December was super fun! They had a life size santa & tree & sleigh & all sorts of holiday stuff made out of legos that was just Awesome! EVERYTHING is Awesome! ;) Highly recommend!

We did not stay at the hotel though. This was a stop on our San Diego Vacation- not too far away from there at all & super easy to get to!

bestcee likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

We're thinking of going at the end of of our Universal Studios trip. We've never been, so I'm no help there.

bestcee likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

If you're coming to Florida (I know, I know, long shot, because you'll likely go to CA) . . . then you BETTER tell me. LOL

We haven't been yet . . . which is a shame since we live in Florida and Daniel is a Lego freak! It just didn't work out the last time we were there.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

Oh honey, I would definitely let you (and Danyale) know!

Just the one in California this time. We aren't staying at the legoland Hotel. We were going to try, but I just can't justify the price! We did get 2 day passes, and it includes the aquarium. So, we are staying not too far away, at a hotel with a shuttle. I'm glad to hear that everyone who has been liked it. I'm so used to doing Disney where you need a plan, that it feels weird to go where there are minimal lines, and apparently not too busy.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. bestcee

I'll let you know! LOL. We are going the end of March.

jesskab likes this.
  12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I had no idea there were Legolands in other countries. I've been to the 'original' park in Denmark twice in my life and it was SUCH an amazing experience! The first time I was really young, let's say 5. The second time I was around 12.

I have been hunting for photos but I cannot seem to find them. I know I have some, though... (so the photos below are found online) Anyway.

I remember looking for gold. And then they would melt it into a medal (I really believed I got an actual medal from the actual gold I had found. It's obviously plastic and they just switch the plastic kernels for the already made medal, but back when I was a little cutie I didn't understand. It was really magic and I cherished that medal).

[​IMG]

I remember riding around in cars made from Lego. So cool. And also a little scary because you had to really pay attention to the rules. lol

[​IMG]

And I also remember the cute little cabin we stayed at with the bouncy pillows buried into the sand outside to play on. So awesome.

[​IMG]

So if you have kids that are reaaaaally into Lego or younger kids, I totally recommend Legoland. I obviously do not know how the US parks are. But I have many fond memories of our short vacations to Denmark and visiting Legoland.

By the way.
    I did find photos of us visiting Pippi Longstockings home. So cute. I totally need to scrap those. :happyclap
    (that's tiny me, shaking Pippis hand) (photo is clickable for bigger image)

IMG_5882.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    bestcee, umyesh and Tree City like this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We have never gone, but my boys would of LOVED it! They are huge lego fans!

bestcee likes this.
  14. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

When are you going? We'll be there end of April/start of May. Doing a Cali theme-park trip that week.

We went in 2015 and we did one night of the Lego hotel. We were there 2 days but stayed in a motel for the first day. It was pricey but not unreasonable like Disney hotels. Ye Mun LOVED the disco ball in the elevator and also the pirate-themed room. The pool was fun too but it was a little cold (we went in April last time). Breakfast buffet was awesome. So many GF stuff for Seanna.

And my kids loved everything there. It wasn't very crowded and there were legos to play with everywhere, even when in line. We did the Land of Adventure shooter game and that was fun.

Oh, and the apple fries were delicious!

15. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

My kids are too old for Legoland now but we went there a few times when they were younger and they LOVED it. I was also going to say that I don't recall the lines being that bad and there aren't as many rides as at Disney so you don't really need to go crazy planning. I do think it makes sense to get there early, still, because it is less crowded and cooler. There is a really fun play area that has bridges and tunnels and rope ladders and that kind of thing that my kids always loved as a break from the rides (and a break for the parents). They were not huge fans of the splash park thing but other kids seemed to love it. Also, the fire academy thing is really fun where families compete against each other.

bestcee likes this.
  16. bestcee

Sweet! He's turning 7, and adores Legos! I showed him the car ride, and he's super excited to try it out!

End of March. Birthday Present :)

And that's so funny! I found it more pricey than the Disney hotels. It was $450/night!!! That's just crazy to me. I mean, the hotel would have cost more than the tickets!

I've heard it's more geared toward younger kids. I'm glad to hear that's your experience! We wanted to go before he got too old for it.

Karen likes this.
  17. zanthia122

zanthia122 Keep me away from Bart. Mmmm...

It may be because it's so close to the date and their cheaper rooms are all booked. We definitely did not pay over $250 a night for it. I would not have paid $450!!

18. bestcee

I don't know, maybe the prices have gone up a lot? It was that high when I looked last month (for this month or April) too. I did see that if I go in April, I could pay $372-$506, without the $25 Resort fee. Which is still too much for me, even for the novelty.

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh fun! We went to the one in England (back just as the 'girl lego' Friends was coming out ), i would happily go back - 2 days was enough in cold conditions with sleet though as it meant we happily bypassed some of the water-based activities. Not sure how much overlap there is between locations but the 'world' made out of lego with major landmarks was my fave - i haven't scrapped a lot of those pics but i have a few pages... let me dig them out from the depths of my gallery...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Sorry - this was the page i actually went looking for -it's of my fave part with all the landmarks; in the layout bottom right above, DD and i are 'riding' above this area, good times
    [​IMG]