Time to 'switch off'

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Mar 2, 2017.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Think I'm going to have to 'switch off' from social media for awhile or at least cut down on my attachment to it for a bit and get back to being me

Very rarely do I share the 'darker side' of my life but as it's not improving like I thought it would i'm going to do some soul searching and hopefully get some help. Over the years I've suffered from a bit of anxiety & panic that was treated through counselling (mainly during hospitalisation and exams at uni) and a tiny bit of depression. Ive studied psychology and mental health issues so know the signs etc and can usually tell when mentally i'm not firing at 100%. Last year I had some pretty stressful/anxious times with flat mates & housing and ended up moving home again which I thought solved my issues however over the last 6 months or so I've really noticed that i'm having fairly regular hyperventilation attacks (particularly when i'm at rest) over nothing major (in other words i don't feel particularly stressed or anxious), the only thing that has changed is for the past 4 months I've been on the roller coaster called trying to find a job. I've tried focusing on my breathing when i realise i'm hyperventilating and while it helps at the time I still get the attacks later on that day or at other times - there doesn't seem to be a real pattern to them.

So, while it's not good bye, it's see you later....might just be gone for the weekend or I could be gone for a few weeks, I just don't know.

2. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Take care, be safe and hope you are able to return soon.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Take care of yourself Jennifer. We will be here whenever you're ready to come back. I'm glad you recognize the signs and know that you need to take care of yourself.

bestcee likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Jennifer, I'm glad that you are searching for help. It's scary sometimes to do so. While taking a break sounds like a good thing, if you do need a person to reach out to, please do so. Know that we are here if you need support. :beat

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Take care of you sweetie. Your health is priority! HUGS

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Take care of yourself. I recently deleted Facebook off of my iPhone, and boy, did that feel good. I don't even miss it there. See you soon.

bestcee and MandaKay like this.
  8. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm glad you are taking the time you need for restoration. We'll be here!

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Take care! I understand how much job searching can stress someone out.

littlekiwi likes this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Definitely take care of yourself! Knowing your triggers is a huge part in the battle. I wouldn't wish depression and anxiety on anyone, such a horrible lonely feeling.

Hugs to you!!

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hugs Jennifer. Take all the time you need to feel better. You need to focus on yourself, find some peace within.

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes, this! Sending ((HUGS)) and keeping you in my prayers!

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Praying for your health and for you to find some peace thru the anxiety/depression. So smart of you to recognize the signs and take care of yourself. We are a close community here and will be here if you need anything! I am amazed at how much less stress I had from taking facebook off of my phone as well not too long ago - I sometimes get to into other people's lives and unnecessary knowledge that I get stressed about why my life doesn't look that way, or it makes it seem like all is bad in the world, and keeps me from seeing all the good!
    HUGS!

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hugs and I hope you soon feel able to join us again.

15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hugs to you, Jennifer! You're doing what's best for you. Just remember we're always here for you!

16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

feel better and take care of yourself. I am glad you are going to be seeking outside help. Sometimes that is all we need... someone to talk with that is not directly connected so they can help you "see" and get you back in a positive direction. Big Hugs!!

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

take care of yourself.
    We will be all be here ready to welcome you back with open arms when you're ready.

18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hugs Jennifer and take care of yourself!

19. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Sending you lots of prayers and positive vibes Jennifer!! Kudos for taking care of yourself - and I hope the change makes a positive difference for you! Hope to see you again here soon (and feeling better!)

20. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jennifer thank you for sharing all this with us.
    Take Care of yourself... one day at a time.