MOC5- top 5 fave pages you created

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bellbird, Jan 31, 2017.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

This was a really awesome MOC, thanks to all of the Pollys that put together an array of challenges and then left love on the numerous entries as well. Wow, I totally take my hat off to you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mama Shades

Mama Shades Well-Known Member

This one has five papers blended together and if there is one thing I learned through this process, it's blending!
    [​IMG]

This one just because it was fun thinking about how an actual songwriter would go through their process. I think lots of coffee and scribbles.
    [​IMG]

Prior to this challenge, I NEVER would have scrapped a page this simple. But I learned about beauty in the simplicity.
    [​IMG]

Here's another one I never would have thought about attempting but ended up loving. And it makes me giggle.
    [​IMG]

Sorry - had to put another blending one. It still amazes me that I can do it now!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the fun challenges and pushing me outside of my comfort zone and for being a welcoming and supportive place to share ideas!

LynnG likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

oh boy.... back to picking from our children again! :giggle

I didn't finish... but I have my favorites so far. I would like to continue doing the challenges, just cause I like the ideas of challenges - they make me do more and think less.

Just cause... pretty.
    [​IMG]

Rules worked well, and I scrapped super fast.
    [​IMG]

New technique, I love it, and will use again!
    [​IMG]

An always favorite technique, blending.
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I love seeing what people have chosen as their favorites. This challenge really does bring out the best in us scrapping types!

I wasn't sure about the sketch illustration challenge, mostly because I use Artisan and didn't know how well it would transfer. I couldn't do exactly what I wanted to do, but between a few of us Artisan peeps we were able to figure it out!
    [​IMG]

The fill the page challenge. I loved this photo - one of the best I took during that leg of the trip, and I wanted to do something special with it.
    [​IMG]

This one was a "happy accident". Artisan saves the settings of the last thing you've done (which I usually find extremely irritating), but this time when I went to change the saturation of the photo, this is what happened. I liked it so much that I kept the setting and scrapped around it.
    [​IMG]

This was the scraplift challenge. I usually don't tamper with photo effects -the photojournalist in me screams "NO" :giggle- but I did this filter because the photo in the lifted page had added texture. It gives it a whole different and clean look. I'll have to try to do it again...
    [​IMG]

And this one - just because it's of my DD. Proud mom moment here.
    [​IMG]

Neverland Scraps, LynnG and bonnenuit like this.
  5. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

6. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I can't believe I finished! I managed to do it even with working lots of hours, going on a trip and being sick. I only have a couple that I just don't like. These are my faves.

Title Challenge. This is my most comfortable style and I was able to finish another page for my dd's graduation book.

[​IMG]

Clean and Simple: This is NOT my usual style, but I love how it turned out.

[​IMG]

Drop Caps: I really didn't want to make this page. I loved the drop caps idea though. And in the end I loved this page.

[​IMG]

I loved the paper blending challenge.

[​IMG]

If these walls could talk: I couldn't have made this page without the template but I really like how it turned out.

[​IMG]

7. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

This was so much fun. I can't remember how many I got through last year, but I did ALL of them this year and I am so pleased! My top 5, in challenge order, are:

Day 6 - Inspiration Board
    This was tough, I kept over thinking it. In the end I just powered through with my page and figured out the last piece of inspiration after. I adore how this page turned out, it is so Melody, and I can't wait to get scrapping the opposite page!

[​IMG]

Day 14 - Double Layout (Style Challenge)
    Just love this one. I knew I would.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 18 - Scraplift Challenge
    I quite enjoy scraplifting, and I was never really sure how to scrap these photos. As soon as I saw the original layout in Ellen's gallery that these were the ones! I just love that the page came out as soft as the photos of my sweet kids.

[​IMG]

Day 25 - Photo Treatment/Technique: Artistic sketch (Photography challenge)

How can I possibly go past this one? I adore it. My mum has asked me to make a matching one of Melody so she can hang them on her wall, and it got highlighted in Liz's blog! Woop! And doing the sketch was so much fun!!

[​IMG]

Day 31 - Map: From Here to There (Inspiration Challenge)
    This was a surprise favourite. I didn't like it while I was doing it. Probably going to trash it because it did not fit with the plans I already had for these photos (and more) in my USA 2014 album.. but oh man do I love it now. And I have already figured out what to do with the extra photos and it is going to be awesome!

[​IMG]

And a bonus fave number 6... because this was the very first scrapped page of my USA 2014 album!! Yay!!

[​IMG]

8. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I adore these colors and that cluster rock it for me
    [​IMG]

I would define my LOs as controlled chaos...but I normally don't do this much. I was afraid I wouldn't like it in the end...but LOVE this
    [​IMG]

my first "vintage" LO ever and I am thrilled with its final look
    [​IMG]

just cuz I like that smile on my grandson's face
    [​IMG]

and this one...I hated doing this challenge...so not me...but I really like this result...I got some really nice comments on it, and the story means a lot to me
    [​IMG]

9. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

well... I chose a different 5 than the one I used in the other thread... :giggle

This was a template challenge, but I just like how I placed the word art to make a more powerful message than my "real words" would have. I didn't really have much to say about this moment specifically, but I liked it anyway. :)

I love doing these annual interviews, and I love the cleaner look to this than my normal messy business.

I just couldn't pass up scrapping this moment with the kids... this was the combine template challenge. I love how it came out!

I really really really like the idea of the maps. I've thought about doing these before but never put the effort into doing the page. So glad it was a challenge! the push I needed. :)

I love this layout... and the imperfect photos that are 100% my mom and my kids. They reflect their personalities perfectly!!!

10. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Here are my top five.

This one because I had it finished, and then I had an aha moment and changed it after I uploaded it to the gallery. I love version 2 much more so than version one.
    [​IMG]

I just love how this one turned out. I started using Mommyish actions on everything and for this one applied her actions directly to the chevrons and loved the look they created
    [​IMG]

This one I am proud of because I DO NOT journal. Like ever. And I am happy with Charlotte's fairy tale.
    [​IMG]

I just like this one. A lot. Although it took me forver to figure out what five yjongs I was going to pick from the mood board.
    [​IMG]

And this one here because it came together quickly and makes me smile.
    [​IMG]

13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

my top 5 :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it's really difficult to choose only 5 because each has a story

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

15. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Once I found a tourist picture map, I finally got into this page.
    [​IMG]

My 1st version of this crashed & I had to redo it. I still like how it turned out.
    [​IMG]

I love blending, I do it often.
    [​IMG]

A little more wild than I'm used to.
    [​IMG]

Element & paint crazy!
    [​IMG]

16. JSmith84

JSmith84 Active Member

17. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

18. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I believe this one is my most favorite because I love reliving all the places that we've lived during my husband's career. This layout also gave me a lot of perspective about our life and how we take so much for granted--even moving every 2-3 years!
    [​IMG]

And then in no particular order. . .

I love the different layers on this page. There's SO much on this page and it only describes just a little of my daughter's creativity!! She's amazing!
    [​IMG]

I wanted to scrap from my son's perspective of the day we said good bye to husband for the year. I know he didn't understand why we were at the airport or why the girls were crying, or even why we left our home. It must have been so confusing for him and the look of him staring out at the plane as it took off broke this mother's heart.
    [​IMG]

I rarely scrap about myself. This one didn't go as I planned. I was going to do to do from my wedding forward since there were a lot of major events. However a day before this challenge, a college friend of ours had passed away suddenly. My husband I spent hours looking at our photos (yes, we didn't have digital back then) looking for photos of our friend to send to his wife. During that time, I found a few photos of my childhood that I figured I'd scrap about me, my birth through my wedding, when I became single to married. It's important my children know who I am, before I met their daddy.
    [​IMG]

I had interviewed my son, just like the 200+ moms on my son's birth FB Group. I screenshot his answers and stored it away, thinking I'd scrap it somehow, if the chance happened. When we had to do this challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. And when I saw Liz's templates, I knew this is how I was to scrap his interview. I loved this layout so much, I'm planning on interviewing him for his fourth birthday later this month!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  19. claireee323

claireee323 Member

I didn't finish MOC. I did 18, though, which I'm pretty proud of. It was fun to look back to choose the 5 I like the best. (Even picking 5 was a little hard)
    All About...
    Day8_AllAboutEmery-web.jpg
    Fill Er Up...
    Day22_FillErUp-web.jpg
    Sketch...
    Day25_SketchChallenge-web.jpg
    Song Lyrics...
    Day21_Lyrics-web.jpg
    Explore...
    Day13_Explore-web.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017