MOC '17 training HERE! bhwhahaha

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 1, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

For those wondering what is the MOC?
    It is a MONTH of challenges.
    I call it the MOTHER of all challenges
    some say
    MOC as in MACH speed,
    some
    say the letters out
    as in
    eM
    O
    h
    Ceee
    Whatever it is, all agree it is intense.
    So, I am gonna be in training this month....wanna join me?
    YOu are welcome to add your "training regime" to help those who are new,
    or haven't been able to complete the
    31 days of scrapbook pages challenges
    YES
    31 different pages, one a day
    (although they don't have to been done in ONE Day)
    that start in JanuarY!​

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

1. Start taking more pictures RIGHT NOW

2. I am going to try and do each and every designer's challenge this month. Winning it will help me build my stash come January 2017. Plan ahead!

3. Push buttons and play with tutorials now...laugh and enjoy the slow pace.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been training all year! :happy I've completed at least 6 challenges every month this year and usually 2 or 3 designers' challenges. I'm just going to keep up what I've been doing. I'm thinking of participating in the 30 Days of Gratitude I saw in another thread too, though I might just make one two-page spread about it and add it to my 2016 album because I've scrapped so much this year it's going to cost more than usual to print that scrapbook!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My training is taking some time each week to star those photos that are my favorites that I haven't scrapped yet. Having great inspiration from photos can help pull a page together quickly! And doing it now means I'm ready January 1st!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

What I need to focus on is editing and organizing photos. I have photos in folders but want to rename them so they are easier to find. I spend more time sifting thru photos than anything else in my creative process.

scrapsandsass, klee73010 and bellbird like this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

This will be my first MOC. I have done the monthly challenges for the past several months. I have pictures from April 2016 to now to scrap, so I should be ready to go.

Looking forward to your training tips!

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

After last month, I realized I need more pictures of my older son! :) I can't wait for MOC (individual letters pronunciation, lol!)

klee73010 and bellbird like this.
  8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Sadly, I will miss this year... With our first grandchild coming in February, HD and I didn't want to miss that, so are taking the annual trip to warmer than Canada, Mexico for three weeks in January. I doubt I can do all the challenges between the 28th when we get back and the first so... I will be envious and sad, but unless internet access is perfect in Mexico this year for some reason, likely I will miss the MOC for the first time in three years.

JillW, klee73010, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I need to step up my photography game. Sometimes I get fantastic pics, most of the time they're just so-so.

angiekey likes this.
  10. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

But what a great reason to miss. Maybe someone can text you the challenge? But you will be busy with baby things. So relax and enjoy.

Lindzee likes this.
  11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

With the last two MOC's I've had a group of photos already taken and ready to be their own album. And I have been lucky to have BYOC's that month that were perfect matches. There were always a few challenges that didn't fit the album but having the pictures confined and the big selection of a BYOC all matching, it saved a lot of time on selection. Thiis year I need to figure out that group of pictures.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I love MOC so very much! I've never needed it as badly as I do this year... I behind... worse than I ever have been in the last DECADE, so I have some catching up to do! :)

I'm already making lists of what needs to be scrapped and I even have created separate folders for each page. I copy the pictures that i want to use (only the good ones, not ALL of them) then I'll pick out a template and a kit or BYOC that I want to use and I'll save the thumbnails in that folder too. It makes me SOOOO much more productive when I finally get time in front of the computer! :) For practice I'm doing a scrappy retreat in two weeks, so my prep work will start with getting ready for that... then bring on January!

bjthomas, angiekey and klee73010 like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Maybe it'll work well enough to get on and write down the challenges? Then you could get them uploaded between 28-1?

14. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I just jumped in on the MOC last year and loved it!! I have been doing as many challenges as I can these past few months. Always gets me thinking outside the box. I have really built up my TLP stash since last year and cannot wait for this year's challenge!!

amien1 likes this.
  15. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm with Robyn- last year was my first MOC (pronounced Em, Oh, Cee ;) ) when I first found TLP. This year I will have many more products to use with a larger stash! I have no plan for this year- but probably similar to last year where I tried to use all older photos that needed done to 'catch up!' I'm super excited though!!!

rchansen likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Mach for me and I am totally with you, let's get this show on the road!

17. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

Ive done the MOC in the past! Ive learned alot, had layouts I love and some not so much, but I love trying new things and seeing what everyone else does with the same challenge. I have been trying to do every challenge and as many designer challenges as I can each month. I will use my 30% off code as wisely as possible and pick up the freebies so generously offered by the designers here. I cant wait!!!!

Juliestcyr and angiekey like this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I need to take more photos.. looking forward to it... have done it every year and completed every year!!

bjthomas, mrs2a50 and jk703 like this.
  19. KarenT72

KarenT72 Member

Plan on doing all challenges this month.
    Setting aside photos I want to scrap for MOC
    Get all TLP products organized and ready for use!

20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love MOC! Like some others, I'm hoping to get lots of photos taken and organized! And with more time in my day available now, I'm hoping to complete more site and designer challenges! FUN!!