2am in the ER

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Sending some healing vibes your way, and so glad you were able to talk him into going. :)

2. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

scary! I'm hoping everything is okay!

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

big hugs and prayers for MR @JillW and for you(calmness)

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh no....Jill....is everything ok? Glad you are stubborn and got him help. Prayers and positive thoughts sent. Pls message me on FB later and let me know if everything is ok. I'm out shooting a birthday party this afternoon but will check in later. I'll be thinking of you.

5. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

I hope all is well with your husband, Jill - what a scary experience!

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh no, how scary! I hope he is ok. Keep us posted. Hugs!

7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

8. ljonezy

ljonezy The thingamabob that does the job is chocolate

Prayers coming!!!

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh my goodness, Jill! I'm praying, and will be waiting for an update from you! ((HUGS))

10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Oh that's so scary! I'm glad you got him to go get checked. Praying for you both and hope to hear all is well soon.

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Praying.

How all is well!?

12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers they mean alot! We are a bit frustrated ... Hubs was admitted around 5:30 this morning. The ER Doctor did not share any details other than more tests would be done today. Today he has a heart monitor on and an IV ... That's it. It's now 2pm and we've yet to see or talk to a doctor! Hubby says he's leaving at 4pm if no one has shown up. Lack of sleep is not helping. On the bright side, he feels better!

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, he's not in distress, so that's a good sign . . . but don't let impatience keep him from being seen. I would talk with the charge nurse to get a time that the doctor is making rounds AND ask what the admitting diagnosis was. With my dad in the hospital recently, and my mom in hospital last year, you have to demand things (in a nice way), to get answers and help.

I'm continuing to pray!

14. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you and am so glad that he feels better. I am, however, sorry for your frustrations but encourage you to wait until you are seen. It's the weekend and sometimes the schedules are off because it's probably an on-call doctor you are waiting on. Ask the nurse when the doctor will be in. This sounds potentially serious although I pray it is not, and I'd hate for you to have to repeat this adventure in the future. They would not have admitted him, if someone was not concerned.

Continuing to pray.

15. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

may I suggest you flip a table or two??

seriously though, I hope they come see you guys very soon. 12 hours with no doctor consult is unacceptable.

16. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

T&P for you both!! Hoping by now you have seen a doctor. ((Hugs))

17. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Phew - we are home and all of the tests they ran showed nothing! Except for sinus issues, which we knew about. They really had no explanation other than over-exertion and dehydration - and a bad case of sleep apnea because of those 3 factors. He's been working 12 hour days since July ... and works 11P to 7A (or when on OT 11P to 11A) and gets very little sleep during the day. He will be 57 next month and I seriously think it's his body telling him to SLOW DOWN! (works @ the local tire manufacturing plant, making big rear tractor tires - it tough work - but his has nice big muscles because of it :hehe). Unfortunately most of the OT is mandatory, however; I think this gave him a wake up call - so I hope he slows down and tries to get more sleep when he's home (he's a giver - always wanting to do things for others, not always taking care of himself). Thankful it is nothing serious - but it was pretty stressful!! Now - time to take a hot bath and go to bed ...!! Thanks again for the kind words and prayers!!!

Jeanet, Mylinn, jenn mccabe and 12 others like this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

So glad it was nothing super serious!! Get some rest.

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Glad you are home. It sure does sound like he needs to slow down a little. I know that's hard for some people. I hope he will see it as a wake up call. It's a shame that the time at the hospital had to be more stressful than the episode itself. Enjoy your bath and get some rest!!

20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Good to hear you are home, he is ok and things have settled!