July Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'July 2016 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jun 27, 2016.

1. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I had several prospectives in my photos for this P52 page that I did. A view from the ground, a view from above, a view from an angle and a view out the window. :)
    [​IMG]

2. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

Here is my entry for the photography challenge. I did a filtered edit and a black and white edit of the same photo..
    [​IMG]

This is the original photo:
    jj.jpg

3. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

I did so much photo editing on all of the photos here that it's not even funny. First, I played with the contrast, tones, and vibrance endlessly to try to make the skin tones match, even though the flash had gone off differently for each photo when I originally took them. All of the original photos were fairly washed out due to the overcast lighting at the beach, so I upped the levels on all of them and used the sharpen tool to sharpen/darken the left hand side of the frame in a few of them. I then spent a long time working on the eyes. I manually darkened the pupils and the outer ring of the eyes and lightened the iris. For the largest photo, I also copied and pasted the eyes onto a new layer and then used unsharp mask to sharpen them. Oh, and I whitened the teeth and the whites of the eyes. Phew! It took me a long time.

[​IMG]

Here were the original photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. pamr

pamr Member

Here is my original:
    [​IMG]
    I increased the saturation, and applied several filters to the finished photo.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

I added digital makeup to my youngest and placed her image behind her sister's.
    [​IMG]

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I had fun trying different variations of the Prisma app. My original is in the lower right hand corner...

[​IMG]

7. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

I just changed the color of the wall in the background, to let the flowers stand out a little more. I was trying a lot of different changes to find one I liked, so I'm not real sure anymore quite how I did it, but whatever it was, it was easy. :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I chose to edit to black and white for my layout. I felt it popped off the page a little more than in color. :)

Layout:
    [​IMG]

Original:
    [​IMG]

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I used a Topaz filter on a close up photo of the fire to make it look like a painting. Also used filters to enchance the photo of the chiminea wrapped in the old sheet as it was very dark.

[​IMG]

10. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

Here is my page. I used the Prisma App on my iPhone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I don't remember what all I played with and kept. But there is some softening and blending and getting the yellow light out (tried several ways). Not my favorite picture but hey it represents May.
    [​IMG]