July BYOC - Hybrid Style

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by sarahbhb, Jul 2, 2016.

1. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

@EllenT and I had so much fun back in April when we did April BYOC Digi and Hybrid styles, that we've decided to have a go at it again with July's BYOC. We each chose one product from each designer that participated in the collection and in the end I have chosen 19 products, each one from a different designer. The pieces I chose ended up being enough to take advantage of the amazing 50% discount on BYOC items purchased on the release weekend. What a great value this collection is anyway (all this yummy stuff that mixes and matches so well and already 20% off if you're just buying a couple of items!) but when you take the 50% discount into consideration the total price in my cart was $36.31 which averages to less than $2 per item!

Over the course of the month I'll be creating hybrid projects with the products that I chose and Ellen will be creating digital layouts with her products.

Here is a link to Ellen's thread so you can keep up with her projects as well.
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/july-byoc-digi-style.43660/

Here are the products that I chose to work with this month.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm so excited to be doing this project with Ellen again and can't wait to share what I create!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Ga_L likes this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

3. sarahbhb

4. sarahbhb

5. cookingmylife

Oh @sarahbhb that kind of image is what lured me into buying many crafty supplies and thinking I could play like a kindergartner! (<-- that's not a slur but remembering how much fun it was to play freely). I soon learned that the mess bugged me no end and I loved my computer more. I really enjoy seeing others do hybrid but somewhat sadly know it's not for me any more.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  6. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

I'm like you Maureen, I used to do hybrid until I got into digi, and now I don't even make birthday cards. Fantastic page @sarahbhb !

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love how easy you make this look . . . it makes me want to pull out my art supplies and give it a go!

LOVED watching your video. Thanks for taking the time to record and upload it for us to watch and be inspired! Can't wait to see what else you make!

8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Thank you so much for the video! I've been working through AJ class and begun to use RL items. My digital stuff is my fave and this just flipped some switch in my brain. I suddenly see more ways to use them (bringing forwards into RL and backwards in AJ on pc).

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i'm laughing at your post @cookingmylife ... i SO hear you!

@sarahbhb and @jenevang lured me from almost 100% digi into the world of hybrid planners last summer. i am "on" and "off" with actually decorating my planner... sometimes i just use it with pretty pens and sticky notes ... but when i am in the mood to decorate and am "on" ..... my normally white - fairly clean table looks like this: :eek:
    [​IMG]
    i am working on organizing this disaster so my space stays cleaner.

i love your pages sarah and am going to check out the video now ... TFS!

angiekey and Ga_L like this.
  10. sarahbhb

Oh my gosh...yes the mess...it can be a little overwhelming. I thought about pulling a little embellishment kit to match this month's BYOC colors just so I'd have a select few things close at hand and it would be easy to put away, but it never got accomplished unfortunately.

I think I have four projects printed and ready to be put together...hopefully I'll be sharing some of them today. I've had such a busy week...things should calm down after Tuesday so hopefully I'll have even more fun stuff to share next week!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. cookingmylife

@jenn mccabe You floor looks really clean! :giggle I say that just having cleared a big chunk of my studio floor. Now I just have to take the boxes away on Monday...if it's not raining!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. sarahbhb

13. sarahbhb

14. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

@sarahbhb I just love Dawn's cameras printed out. They look so cute on your page!

15. sarahbhb

16. sarahbhb

17. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I love the Summer Days!!! @sarahbhb what font is that??

18. sarahbhb

I actually traced one of Peppermint's Soliel Journal Cards in my Silhouette software and then filled it with a paper before printing and cutting. I love how it turned out so much! @Peppermint has the best handwriting for stuff like this!

Peppermint and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  19. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I thought it looked similar to the cards!!!! Great idea!!!!

20. cookingmylife

@sarahbhb It's amazing how different that paper looks when it's condensed that way. Really pretty on the writing.