Prime Day?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Jul 12, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

So is anyone shopping/finding anything on Amazon's Prime Day? To me, it seems like it is better than last year, but there are still little hiccups.

I did find a cute game, Bugs in the Kitchen, that Kennedy loved. It was half off, so I grabbed it. I'm trying not to buy random stuff I don't need, but.. :giggle

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I got a cute camera strap for my daughter's friend ... it's her birthday, giving her a Sephora gift card but it's always nice to throw in a little tangible something something too. It was less than $15.

[​IMG]

Otherwise I saw some sporty wrap around shades for my husband but they sold out while I was still shopping. Otherwise not finding too much.

MrsPeel, y_baros and scrapsandsass like this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Been looking off and on, but not really anything I need. TLP is better this week

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I got a kindle fire for $33.33. It's their little 8GB 7" model. We already have one but this'll be a good backup for road trips: I plan on loading it with movies for the kids! In the meantime, it'll be my 2nd backup kindle. You know, for library books. :innocent

I also got a 6' micro usb cable (so I can charge while I read on the couch) but IDK if it was an actual Prime day deal or just a good price lol.

jesskab, bestcee, y_baros and 2 others like this.
  5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

How do you load movies on the kindle for road trips? DD got one and I don't know where to look to load movies. Is there an app on the kindle or do I have to do it from my computer? TIA

6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I got the super cheap android phone for $60 (the 16gb Blu R1). I've been using a Windows phone for almost two years now and I'm so ready to get back to an Android. I totally jumped on this one when I saw the price.

y_baros likes this.
  7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

The Lego UCS TIE Fighter went on sale for $125.99 earlier today, and I picked up one of those.

[​IMG]

The models in the UCS line are always huge, have lots of pieces, and are rarely discounted at all, so it was a good find for me. :)

meterr, bestcee, y_baros and 3 others like this.
  8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I have to go have a look see. Nothing I really need at this point and I've checked out all their pre-prime ads, but it will have to be a really super bargain for me to shop...

9. Tree City

@keepscrappin I use the amazon Video app. I think it is already on on the kindle when purchased. Since we have prime, I can download some TV shows and movies to the app for viewing offline (almost everything I'm interested in watching has been available to download). Everything I download is right there under Downloads, and everything I own is under the Video Library so I can quickly see what I own. Plus we've purchased a few films when they were on sale, like Harry Potter and Kung Fu Panda 3 ($6.99 today only). Since we also have Amazon Video on our Roku and our Blu-ray, it's nice.
    There's also a way SUPPOSEDLY to view them via Flixster app but I can't figure that out. (I have ano ultraviolet account that's linked to Flixster). I read online that Amazon stopped letting Flixster users download content to Kindles, which is a bummer. Oh, and if you bought a Disney film that came with a digital download code, you can link your Disney account to your Amazon account. So I have a bunch of Disney films too.

10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Thanks so much for explaining this- dd will love being able to watch on her kindle now.

Tree City likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I needed some new walking shoes, so I clicked a link in an email that said 60% off athletic shoes. I got two pairs of New Balance tennis shoes for $22.75 each! I was super happy about that. I am just wary because I haven't tried them on. It was free returns though, so I'll give it a shot. :) I'll know in two days whether they fit or not. Crossing my fingers.

jesskab, bestcee, y_baros and 3 others like this.
  12. Tree City

My kids love it too. :) Did you sign up for Kindle Freetime? It's like $5 per month (or around there...I can't remember exactly right now) and your child has access to a bunch of kid-appropriate apps, videos, and books. My kids love it and I love that I can limit their time (like they can only have 15 min per day for apps and 15 for vids, while book time is unlimited) and you can set the age range for the content. I'm sure amazon explains it better lol but it's great. Only downside is you must be online to stream vids--and that's why I got another kindle lol so we can keep movies in it and they can have games/books on their free time apps.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh yes! I looked - I bought, then I bought again....
    Order #1 - Kindle Fire 8gb 7" because hubby had been thinking about replacing his current one due to battery issues, and then a Honor 5x phone for the son because his current phone is also having battery issues, and a 32GB SD card for my camera because like I always need more of those. All 3 on Prime Day sale.

Order #2 - A 64GB micro card for the new Kindle because you know he might want to store some things on it, and then a cover for the new phone for son, and then those No-Cut gloves for me because hey, someone took them out of the cart. Only the micro SD card was on sale.

And that was all - although if they ever drop that Kitchen Aid stand mixer below $200, I am on it!!!

p.s. The No Cut gloves keep you from slicing the top of your thumb off while slicing bread or from cutting a big notch in your finger or .... They rinse and dry beautifully, ready for your next cutting adventure. They are my new favorite kitchen thing.

MrsPeel, y_baros, jenn mccabe and 2 others like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have looked on and off, but trying not to buy anything I don't really need right now. I'm still looking for something to pop up for my daughter-in-law's birthday.

15. scrapsandsass

I wonder if @Dalis saw those! :)

16. scrapsandsass

I bought a second Fire stick. Mostly for the beach house. We don't have cable there, so if my hubby is dominating the tv with murder shows, then Kennedy can watch kid-appropriate stuff in the other room.

I did get my daughter a little chocolate melting pot and a set of lenses for her cell phone (for her upcoming b-day). I bought random and weird things like a meat thermometer, a smart plug, some ear buds, and refillable squeeze tube pouches for our non-veggie eater (his sensory issues make him gag unless they are pureed).

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, y_baros and jenn mccabe like this.
  17. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

I didn't even bother. We bought a Fire Stick that was $15.00 off, that was it.

MrsPeel, y_baros and scrapsandsass like this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i got a really cheap spiralizer ... bc @kaphelps had a gorgeous pick of zucchini spiralized and paired with a bottle of wine in a photo on one of her PL spreads. i had been considering picking one up for over a month ... the gallery is even more enabling than i thought. not only do i want all the digi scrap pretties i see, i apparently get the desire to shop for tangible things too! :giggle

klee73010, bestcee, kaphelps and 5 others like this.
  19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I didn't really look as I would have been tempted! We don't have a heck of a lot of extra income after the strike. Plus, soccer and a hopeful long weekend away at the end of the summer are priority. :)

Sounds like there were some deals to be had, and they had some issues with the cart, but I heard positive things mostly.

20. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I've always been a fan of New Balance, that's a heck of a deal, Karen!

Karen and jenn mccabe like this.