I surprised myself....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Jun 28, 2016.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

and created three challenge layouts today so I have achieved 7 for this month.
    I think I needed some scrapping therapy today as it is my birthday but the day has had some mixed emotions. My daughter and her precious family are right at this minute travelling in a big plane.. heading to Vancouver and then another plane to Calgary, Canada to spend three months there. My son-in-law is from Calgary.
    Hopefully we will be able to link up with skype while they are away or I am going to miss those grandchildren tooooo much!

jesskab and scrapsandsass like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, happy birthday! I hope those three months fly by and they'll be back home before you know it. Congrats on finishing so may challenge layotus too! :)

A-M likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Happy Birthday! Hoping they travel safely and you get to Skype a lot until they come back!

A-M likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Happy birthday Anne-Marie! Scrap therapy sounds like just the thing to keep you busy in your family's absence ... like Karen mentioned, I hope the months fly by for you. Enjoy your day and congrats on finishing so many pages! :)

A-M likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Happy birthday ! Congrats on finishing 7 challenges!!
    I hope the time passes quickly. I know my family depended on Skype and Google Hangouts when I was in Boston arraarea, and my family Utah.

A-M likes this.
  6. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Congrats on the challenges! I've done 6 this month -- which is the most since January that I have completed! Maybe I'll get one more done this week.
    I Skype with my daughter about once a week. Skype (or Face-Time) is one of the best things ever!

A-M likes this.
  7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Happy birthday, Anne-Marie! Scrap therapy is good for all kinds of things. And with Skype, I'm sure those 3 months will fly by.

A-M likes this.
  8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Happy Birthday Anne-Marie!

A-M likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Happy Birthday Anne-Marie! The 3 months will go quickly and yes Skype or Google them... that will help with the summer break. Have a terrific Birthday with all the trimmings!!

A-M likes this.
  10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Happy birthday!!!! Scrap therapy is always good. I can't imagine missing the grandkids, but I'm sure the time will just fly by and you'll be able to be in touch. And when they come back, it will be a big celebration. :)

A-M likes this.
  11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Happy Birthday! Scrap therapy is really the best way to handle this time! How about learning a new technique? Come up with a technique challenge and we'll all join you in it!

A-M likes this.
  12. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Happy Birthday! I hope the time passes quickly for you.

A-M likes this.
  13. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Way to go on the scrapping - and happy birthday! Hope those three months pass quickly :-)

A-M likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

15. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Happy Birthday!

A-M likes this.
  16. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Happy Birthday. I've recently had 3 months away from family, and scrapping skype grabs helped me through them :)

A-M likes this.
  17. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Mixed emotions indeed. I hope the time 'flies by' and your family are back with you safe and sound ... the reunion will be fun!

Happy birthday btw and congrats on getting 7 challenges done (three layouts in a day is very impressive).

A-M likes this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Happy Birthday Anne Marie! Canada is such a long way away, I feel like it would take 3 months to adjust to the time zone... They will be back before you know it, skype makes it way easier. xxx

A-M likes this.
  19. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Happy, happy, and isn't Skype a great tool in this crazy world we live in.

A-M likes this.
  20. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Happy Birthday! Skype is AWESOME for when you miss your grandbabies. I Skype with mine almost every day. We always do hugs and smooches at the end and today Riley (age 4) said, "I wish I could get on a plane and come see you and give you a real hug, not a Skype hug." It just melted my heart! Hang in there and scrap them while they are gone. That helps, too. I am trying like crazy to get back on the same side of the country where my grandbabies are - I miss them so much.

A-M likes this.