*CLOSED* TLP Artist Trading Cards: May/June 2016

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenevang, May 23, 2016.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

WE ARE BACK!

After a full year of swapping we took a bit of a break, but we are back and ready to roll!

Welcome to the TLP ATC Swap 013!

As we have said in the past, DO NOT let the fact that you are just jumping on board stop you... everyone is more than welcome!

If it's something that sounds interesting, you really should give it a try!

*SMALL PRINT: If you sign up, please try to get your card in as close to the deadline as possible. It takes me a couple of days after I receive them all to cut/collate/mail. Also, everyone works hard on their cards and some are hybrid with each card created individually. When we are short cards, it is sad :( . Real Life Happens! And we totally understand, but it's totally coolio to work ahead then print (or create more) once the number is set :flirty

OK, all done with that :hide

Here's a peek at my album (from a few months ago... I totally need an updated video)

[​IMG]

Pretty fun, right?

We would love to see more folks participating and all scrapping styles are welcome! Art journal, Mixed Media, Clean and Simple, paper scrap. It's still YOUR creation, just a smaller canvas.

It has been so fun collecting these and you will LOVE IT when you get these in your hands. Check out the details below...

[​IMG]

For those of you unfamiliar with Artist Trading Cards, you are gonna love this! Feel free to google or check Pinterest for all kinds of inspiration!
    So here we are ready to go again!

TLP ATC 013

Here's how it will work...

1. Anyone who wants to participate must sign up in this thread by MONDAY, JUNE 6th, letting me know that you want to give and receive awesomeness. I'll keep a running list at the bottom of this post.

2. You create ONE OR MORE cards. Easy, peasy! You will make however many copies of that card as there are people who signed up. For example, if there are 8 folks or 18 folks, you will make that many cards.

3. Card Specs: Each card should be 2.5 in x 3.5 in (64 mm × 89 mm). You will be supplied a template when you purchase your postage that will allow you to fit 9 cards on one piece of cardstock. Awesome, right? (note: you don't have to use this, it's just an idea of size. And don't "resize to fit page"... just print as is or print borderless).

***THEME***
    This month the theme is going to be Hipster!

Here's what Dictionary.com says about this word:
    "1. a usually young person who is trendy, stylish, or progressive in an unconventional way; someone who is hip.
    2. a person, especially during the 1950s and 1960s, characterized by a particularly strong sense of alienation from most established social activities and relationships; a beatnik or hippie.
    3. a performer or admirer of jazz, especially swing; a hepcat."

So many ways to go with this! I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

They can be ANY STYLE you want... digital, hybrid, mixed media/art journal, or clean and simple. I loved the variety of the previous swap cards. It's up to you and your creativity!

Also, these are the size of a standard playing card, so if you want to start with those as your base and create them using hybrid techniques, that'd be super fun and awesome, too! Just a thought...

THE DEADLINE FOR CARD COMPLETION IS MONDAY, JUNE 20th. See Small Print Above *cough* Note: It's totally fine to get your cards done EARLY ;)

4. Get the cards to me by that date. There will be two options for this.

Option 1. Print the cards yourself, cut them and send them to me via snail mail. I will PM you my address once you sign up, pay and let me know this is your option. Feel free to use that address to send flowers, gifts or chocolates at any time.

Option 2. If you are international and/or do not want to ship your cards, you can have your cardstock printed at MY LOCAL STAPLES, forwarding me your order verification from them via e-mail. Then I'll pick them up and cut them out for you. I'll give you more details on WHERE and HOW to have them printed via PM once you sign up and let me know this is the option you are choosing.

Just a note: these currently cost about $1.30 (including tax) per 8.5 x 11 in sheet of 110lb cardstock, printing double sided. Pretty reasonable!

Again, they should ALL be on their way by MONDAY, JUNE 20th.

5. On the back of each card please label them with your name, date, theme, the label "TLP ATC 013" and credits. You can get really creative with this (check out Pinterest) or it can be plain... your choice. Printing these double sided was super easy BUT they do not often completely line up.

If you keep the white background on the backs, it will REALLY help. ALSO, please be sure that your words/art do not go all the way to the edges of the cards. This gives a bit of wiggle room in the printing/cutting. Make sense?

6. Once I get everyone's cards in my hot little hands, I will divide them up and send them out to each of you! I will obviously need your address as well, so make sure I get that somehow. In the end and if everyone sends their cards to me, each participant will receive at least as many cards as you sent... all fun and different! EEK. HAPPY MAIL. :woot

7. Fee: There is a small cost to cover purchasing the return envelope and postage. The cost is $2 if you live in the US and $3 if you are international. That's WAY less than the cost of a cup of Joe at Starbucks (note the reference :whistle )! And paying is easy, too... you can check out directly from the TLP store. *BE SURE TO CHECK THE DROP DOWN AND CHOOSE US OR INTERNATIONAL*

Here's your Postage Link.

This is gonna be totally worth it when you get to hold these fun cards and start/continue collecting them! I cannot wait to see what everyone creates this month. My book is a source of joy for me and I may just Periscope about it soon...

OH... that reminds me. DO.NOT.POST. your card either here or in the gallery until after they have been mailed out. I think it'll be super fun to be surprised! Once the swap is complete, you can post your own card in the gallery!

Other stuff: Please use at least 75% TLP products (plus any mixed media items you want to use).

*Note: please make sure I am clear that you are actually signing up. Also, please let me know when you sign up if you will be printing your own or sending to Staples.

1. JenEvang (@jenevang ) *RECEIVED* :giggle
    2. Kristina (@klee73010 ) *RECEIVED*
    3. Marsha (@Mylinn ) *RECEIVED*
    4. Maureen (@cookingmylife ) :woot *RECEIVED*
    5. Traci (@tkradtke ) *RECEIVED*
    6. Marilyn (@mcurtt ) *RECEIVED*
    7. Trista *RECEIVED*
    8. Kimberlee (@scrapsandsass ) *RECEIVED*
    9. Emilee (@emileem ) *RECEIVED*

10. Sandy (@wvsandy ) *RECEIVED*

SENT

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Me! And I'm totally going to try that early thing this month.
    :giggle

3. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Me me me and i'll be sending them to Staples.
    Thanks!!

4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm in and I'll be going the Staples route! Thanks for doing this!

5. jenevang

YAY! Got you ladies! Looking forward to you joining us, Maureen. I'll send you what you need to know re: Staples in a bit.

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm in! Staples again and I'm going to try my bestest to be on time this month :-)

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Me! And I suppose mine will be mailed, as always. I'm leaving for vacation on 6/17, so I'll be mailing before then. :-) Off to pay now.

8. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I'm in... hoping to snail mail.

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm in as well. Will send to Staples.

10. emileem

emileem Active Member

me! And I'm going with Staples again

11. jenevang

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I'm in and will use Staples.

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Mine are ready to go to Staples so ...is there info on that anywhere? I may be missing it in an obvious place!

14. mcurtt

@jenevang Hi Jen,

Just to confirm that there are 10 participants for the swap (Sandy signed up as well). Also, it looks like Maureen needs info on sending to your Staples. Thanks!

15. jenevang

Sorry, I was thinking about June 20 as the sign up deadline, but that's the deadline to send them. EEP.

YES, final count is 10 this month.

@cookingmylife , I'm sending you the Staples info now.

16. mcurtt

Just to let you know that mine are being sent out today, snail mail. I'll be on vacation in a couple of days, mail stopped, so I hope I get my February/March ATC goodies before we leave... :pray

17. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Phew, was afraid I'd have to withdraw but finally got time to sit and play with Hipster. Thank you - at Staples now.

18. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Mine are at Staples. Sorry I just realized what day it was. :/

19. jenevang

I've gotten several notifications but if you haven't sent your cards to Staples or to me, please do so soon! I'm heading to California next week and if I don't have them all it will be after I return before I get them out. Thanks, guys!

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Mine are at Staples too. Sorry I'm behind again... had a hard time figuring out what "hipster" meant to me. Not sure what evolved from my original idea is very hipster... but it's DONE! :-)