Miniatures? | Pad Patter 5.13.16

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 13, 2016.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Okay, I guess, I am out of the loop on what is hot? But my daughter in law is transfixed with miniature anything!
    [​IMG]
    Her birthday was this week, and I got her this little house (it is DIY) and she stayed up almost all night putting it together!! lol
    Do any of you have this love of little?

jesskab likes this.
  2. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

My older daughter does! She's always been fascinated by miniatures and spent years as a teen and young adult making mini things. That little house is CUTE!

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my gosh!! I could spend the rest of my life just going to museums in your town!!

RebeccaH likes this.
  5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My Mom loved miniatures and used to create tiny items. I have a Christmas scene from her and lots of tiny pieces of things.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The miniatures of interest in my family are of the gaming sort, like these battle figures that my husband paints and plays with. :) Neither of my girls had much interest in any kinds of dolls for long. Nor do I.
    [​IMG]

~Mary likes this.
  7. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

@michelepixels , that Tardis in the middle of the scene is awesome!

8. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I love Lego minifigures- does that count? :) I'm seriously addicted to collecting the Lego Dimensions expansion packs right now. The game is fun, but it's almost as much fun having a tiny Lego 12th Doctor and TARDIS! (Not to mention the other awesome sets!)

[​IMG]

jesskab, ~Mary and Tree City like this.
  9. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

I've always loved miniatures. I spent hours as a child creating furniture out of matchboxes for the dolls house my dad made me. Since Ive been on extended sick leave from work, I've become a bit fascinated with all the miniature fairy gardens that are everywhere on the internet. This one of mine is a work in progress, waiting for stone pathways and some resident fairies.
    IMG_5399.JPG

jesskab and ~Mary like this.
  10. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

I had a dollhouse growing up with all the little miniature goodies. I remember going to a variety store nearby and I was always allowed to pick out one little piece to add to my house. Sooo much fun!

Lynnette and enjoyyourpix like this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

That isn't usually part of his games. It was for some special event, in which we had to photograph this little paper TARDIS in a variety of locations; there were prizes involved. I forget exactly what it was all about. But I thought it was funny to insert it into one of his game sets. :D

~Mary likes this.
  12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yes, this was me too! I used to save my money to buy new things for my dollhouse. I would decorate for every holiday too, sometimes making tiny decorations out of modeling clay. It was a fun creative outlet for me.

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I believe the Tardis should go into @Sharon Evans garden!

Other than that I've never had an interest in anything miniature. Totally out of the loop...

RebeccaH likes this.
  14. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

me either. Some of the miniature stuff is very cool as to detail/scale, but other than that.....

15. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

when I was a child, I used to make miniature dioramas for something to do to pass time during weekend visits to my dad's. my step-mom would take me to the craft store and let me pick out whatever tiny random little things I wanted. I remember making this little mouse-in-a-match box Christmas scene in a basket - so the living room was in the basket, and you looked down into it, as though you were peeking into his home on Christmas Eve. I wonder what ever happened to that thing?

Other than that, I tend to be quite a minimalist, and I don't collect anything that would take up space or require dusting. I love to look at miniatures. In Cincinnati, there is a museum called Entertrainment Junction that is train based - the whole museum is miniature scale scenes of the history of the locomotive. The trains run from the start of history through to present day. It is super fascinating and SO detailed.

16. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

It used to be a great hobby of mine. Now verifocal glasses,less patience and a much less steady hand has put a stop to it. I have a 9 room home made dolls house, with a fair amount of the furniture, all the pictures (cross stitch miniatures) all the plants,and quite a few little bits and pieces made by me over a period of a few years. I have also did a single room,and have 2 half finished houses that I have not done anything to for a long long time... it is a great hobby.
    The little house for your dil is lovely @AnneofAlamo and I love the garden @Sharon Evans

17. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My (strange/nerdy/goofy) husband has taken to making miniature scenes with wooden coffee stirrers. He's taken over my glue gun.